Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Apparently chunkylard takes around 30 supplements so it'll take him a while to respond while he writes down all his supplements.

Better have enough $$ ready in your bank account to get you clear-chunkylard style.

Edited by capture

Apparently chunkylard takes around 30 supplements so it'll take him a while to respond while he writes down all his supplements.

Better have enough $$ ready in your bank account to get you clear-chunkylard style.

Try again, I started taking multiple supplements after I was cleared up. :)

And most of my supplements aren't even for skin, so it wouldn't do him/her much good.

Basically just look at my signature but take into account that what works for one person might not work for another. This is what worked great for me but it's not the only way to clear your acne. Take my advice and adjust accordingly to your lifestyle.

First and foremost: GREEN SMOOTHIES.

Cut out gluten and soy entirely, limit dairy as much as possible (still allow myself kefir on a regular basis.) Avoid sugar. Eat plenty of herbs and spices (they're extremely anti-inflammatory and provide variety to meals among other nutritional benefits.) Get adequate protein and fat every day (but I would avoid protein for breakfast.) Avoid drinking too much water with meats/seafood (limit yourself to one cup or less.) Include sulfurous veggies such as broccoli and vitamin C rich fruits such as berries and lemons/limes as much as possible. This helps rebuild collagen so it will improve the overall texture of your skin. Drink ACV from time to time.

Expand your diet as much as possible. Try things you wouldn't normally try - most people can't even tell you what an endive tastes like. Buy all sorts of veggies, herbs and cuts of meat (everything from shank to rib to the organs.) Marinate your meats in vinegar and herbs.

Use SLOW cooking methods. It's better to cook meats for 20 minutes at very low heat than 10 minutes on high heat. Avoid cooking non-starchy veggies for any longer than 5 minutes. Get in the habit of steaming veggies rather than cooking them on a skillet or in a boiling pot. Keep healthy finger food around. Carrots/zucchini/parsnips/eggplant/sweet potato cut into strips and homemade hummus or mushroom gravy are some of my favorites and feel more like party snacks than healthy eating. Make some sort of healthy "safety snack" to fall back on when you get cravings. I made a pretty soup that just consisted of some beef broth and various spices that I would eat whenever I wasn't even hungry, but I just felt like I needed to shovel something into my mouth. 100% dark chocolate + oven + stevia = flaw-free good-tasting chocolate. Eat slowly and chew everything thoroughly. Put small portions on your plate and if you're still hungry after finishing that, then add some more. Don't just pack on the food on a plate and assume you're going to finish it all (because you probably will.)

Treat fruits and nuts as a SNACK, not as a meal. If you're someone who can't just have a handful of almonds or pine nuts and be content with that, you might be better off trying to avoid it altogether. Try to get some ACV/fat/fiber in you beforehand if you're going to be eating more than a handful of fruit or nuts.

Use ACV whenever consuming a meal with more than 15 or so grams of carbs. Dilute it with a cup of water. You can also use Gymnema Sylvestre (very effective at stopping absorption of carbs and lowering blood glucose) if you feel like supplementing. It's only like $3 per bottle and a bottle will last you several months.

Avoid soaps that are lye-based, instead choose vegetable glycerin or beeswax soaps. On your face, stick to oils, not cleansers.

Try to sleep when it's dark outside and wake up when it's light. Try to keep a regular sleep schedule (kind of hard for me personally because my work hours change depending on what I'm doing.) Try to get half an hour of sunlight every day. Sunbathe if you have to.

Zinc Picolinate or L-OptiZinc are great if you're a guy. Cod liver oil or krill oil is a definite must.

Steaming is another wonderful thing to do for the skin. If you go to the gym, shower off and then use the sauna afterwards for as long as you can tolerate it.

You should be exercising on a regular basis. If you're not sweating, you're not exercising hard enough. Meditation is also great.

Fasting (I fast for about a week at a time) is also great periodically. If fasting for a week is too hard for you, do intermittent fasting (no meals after 6PM, skip breakfast the next day and then resume eating lunch.

As for water, well, I don't drink too much of it. I drink when my body tells me I'm thirsty, which usually amounts to about 4-5 cups of water a day. About half of that 4-5 cups is probably tea and not just plain water. I have a glass of wine a few times a week with dinner but I don't drink to get drunk.

Some people would disagree with me and say "take things slowly" but what worked for me was to just THROW myself into the healthy lifestyle headfirst with a go big or go home mentality. If I had to make these changes slowly to my diet, I would have pulled my hair out at how slow the progress would be. Then again, I have more willpower and self-discipline than most, so I'm able to do that without much resistance from that part of the brain that nags at you telling you to make unhealthy choices. :P

That cleared me up quite fast actually (somewhere in between 2 and 3 months.) But you shouldn't expect to see long-lasting serious results until at least the 2 month mark. Some people here change their diet for a week and think "ok, well I still have acne. Clearly my diet doesn't affect acne, regardless of the fact that I've used and abused my body for years." Everyone wants a quick fix, 2-3 months is about as quick as it's going to get. I still have some mild scarring left over that I'm dealing with but that's fading slowly and I'm just fine with that. I'd rather have some slight hyperpigmentation in two or three areas than a face full of acne.

Edited by chunkylard

Chunky, excellent post.

May I ask why it is that everyone dilutes ACV? Is there more to it than the taste of it? I normally just take it through a straw, and lately my dosages have been quite high (5 modest sips a day)

Chunky, excellent post.

May I ask why it is that everyone dilutes ACV? Is there more to it than the taste of it? I normally just take it through a straw, and lately my dosages have been quite high (5 modest sips a day)

Taste and the fact that if you drink it undiluted, it can wear down your teeth and irritate your esophagus.

^ i usually just take it straight or with a tiny bit of water. I'd rather take a quick shot and get it over with than drinking a whole glass of nasty-tasting water. The stuff makes me want to throw up.

I have an issue with green smoothie.. I have drunk them for six weeks and i had very good results in the first such as motivated, feeling good, face brightened ,satisfied spiritually.. But, in the 4th week, i got tiny bumps (clogged pores) all over my face gradually.. I never thought it is due to green smoothie and so i changed and tested things ..

Firstly, i think that it was the side effect of cavemen regime and so, i steamed the face every two days for two weeks and there is no change , may be a little more worse???

Then, i added Cetaphil into the regime instead of using water only, and Cetaphil does not irritate or help much..

Then again, i turned into my vitamins which are not too many though, 1.vitamin C 500 mg 2. calcium + vitamin d3 and 3.zinc which i have started 14 days ago which does not absolutely related to the problem..

Now, i omit the calcium pill ( i don't doubt too much about it as i have been taken for 2 months with no problem and i did take it for my occasional pain in legs especially during exercise)and also omitted my love; green smoothie . It has been 2days only but i have seen there is much reduce the problem. I have to wait and see for more days..

So, i love to hear some suggestion about green smoothie and clogged pores?? is it due to toxin or allergy or something???

i really love to make green smoothie and of course take them..

could anyone have any idea about that???

btw, i have now no active acne and it has been for over 1 month after cavemen regime..

Thanks in advance for any suggestion..

In return, my suggestions (within my reach of knowledge after 1 year exploration)

1, don't make too many new remedies or regimes within short period, it makes you too confused and also can't see the real effect .. I am also still trying about that,lol..

2, healthy life style . many things included in chukylard's post

about the sunlight, one can get enough vitamin D within about 15 minutes and the sun could strip away the one's moisture after just 20 minutes.. so, beware of it..

3, should check out the status of your water source.. some tap water is really hard and it can make the condition more irritated..

4, reduce the harsh chemicals as much as possible even include the prescription ones..

5, don't think too much about everything; your food,your lifestyle,your acne..

I know it is too difficult for us not thinking about the acne, our look, and thinking about which one is good and which one is bad?? too confusing , right?? Me also can't still make it 100% right but

seriously, it is not really good for us.. So, relax and feel free to live ..

oh, i forgot things;6. try lemon/lime with some warm water first thing in the morning..

it is not only good for eliminating the toxin but also get your bowel clean and also improve your bowel movement.. in addition, you can get vitamins and minerals at somewhat amount from the good source.. win-win-win!

7, Green tea : it is really good for oil reduction and also hormonal issue and a good substitution for caffeine intake..

also is ok to eat whole wheat bread and crackers from 100%wholewheat flour and seeds?Cause i am a bodybuider and i do not know what i can eat , could you please tell me your tupical breakfast, lunch , dinner and snacks for a day.

thank you.

Why don't you check out these 'What I ate today' threads:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Post-Ate-....html&st=60

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Eat-Today...html&st=180

And other in the pinned Food and recipe thread and the pinned Success Compilation thread.

Just remember that just because someone else eats it and is clear, doesn't mean it's right for you. You have to figure out your own food intolerances, how strict your diet needs to be based on your other lifestyle habits, fitness level and health issues. And what health issues, if any, you need to address. More info on all the above in the Good Things link in my signature.

CHUNKYLARD my last question is: i am drinking about 22 glasses of water is this too much?

Oy. 22 8oz glasses? That seems like way too much honestly. It'll just make you piss out more electrolytes/B-vitamins/minerals that you need. Provided you're getting adequate amounts of the former nutrients, it shouldn't be too much of an issue but I would definitely limit it just a bit more.

also is ok to eat whole wheat bread and crackers from 100%wholewheat flour and seeds?Cause i am a bodybuider and i do not know what i can eat , could you please tell me your tupical breakfast, lunch , dinner and snacks for a day.

thank you.

Whole wheat is still wheat. It's not good for you. There are other grains that are gluten-free, readily accessible and much less problematic than wheat.

When I was trying to pack on some muscle, my carb source was primarily quinoa (it's also got some protein as well, so that's good too) and that worked just fine. You can even replace some of your water intake with coconut water/milk, which is very rich in electrolytes and has some vitamins and minerals as well. It's a healthy substitute for Gatorade-like sports drinks.

My meals are too varied. I cook depending on my mood but as Alternativista said, check out what other people on the board are including in their diets. As long as you know what you can and can't (or aren't supposed to) have, all you really have to do is throw it in a pot and hope for the best.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Food-and-...ce-t205099.html

That topic has a colorful array of things you can play around with for breakfast, lunch or dinner. There's a spaghetti squash recipe that I really like, which you can find here: Spaghetti Squash I'll make some tomato sauce or mushroom gravy along with that and it's really filling without the bloated holy-crap-I'm-gonna-explode feeling that regular spaghetti/pasta dishes give you.

Get in the habit of experimenting with new flavors, new foods, new spices, new herbs, etc.

Edited by chunkylard

I only eat fish and vegables like brocoli all time and drink water/tea no sugar added

I think thats working kind of good for me.

I tryed to eat few other things but it increased my blood spike and I breakout of it

also is black rice gluten free cause i just ate 2 bowls of it cause i was REALLY starving and i have heard that it is luten free, is this true?

It's probably gluten free, but more importantly, what GL of 2 bowls of it? You really had nothing else to eat? Did you have anything with it?

Jiminy Crickets!!! 22 glasses of water!!! If you're drinking that much from physical exercise, it's understandable but you need to replenish potassium, electrolytes and sodium. I love coconut water! It's the nature Gatorade. Plain tastes gross bit it grows on you.

But... If you're drinking that much just because your thirsty, you need to see a doctor! You could have diabetes mellitus or a couple other things

i did not have anything with it, i am an idiot?

You need to avoid any high glycemic meal, drink or snack. And you need to consume nutrient dense foods. 2 bowls of rice meet neither criteria.

The GI of the rice is probably not that high. It's probably moderate. But the amount you eat is also a factor. You need to keep good foods on hand to eat when you are hungry. And don't let yourself get to the point that you feel you are starving and binge on something.

Also is it true that masturbation can cause acne or aggrave it?

Short answer, yes.

Long answer, kinda.

As for water, drink only when you're thirsty. Learn to identify what your body is telling you. Don't drink to complete some imaginary health goal like "8 glasses a day." If you feel like you need 8 glasses a day, drink 8.

Guest pokemonster

hey chunkylard, what do u mean with your scars are slowly fading? arent scars supposed to be damaged area forever (in a way that skin/body cant fix it on its own because information on how that area has to be formed is lost?)

anyhow i also developed a indent scar on cheek last december, but right now it has filled ~60-70% 0_o but scar on chin havent improved a shit, so i wonder if maybe it depends on certain areas that scars are more possible to refill or not? fe cheeks has more fat and moisture than chin, something to do with? :confused:

anyway where do u have your scars and how much in % have they faded?