Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
climber24

Best Dandruff shamp

Hello,

Currently wrapping up day 13 on 60 mg (40mg then 80mg, back and forth).

Redness subsiding, oiliness of skin gone down a lot as well.

Two things I've noticed, very itchy skin (which may be due to allergies, I had that going on intermittently before Accutane), and dandruff.

Any recommendations as to the best shampoo to use?

Before starting Accutane I would shower daily, but not my hair doesn't need it and my skin probably couldn't handle it anyways.

Thanks ya'll!

It's a bit pricey - but I've found that Aveda Scalp Benefits shampoo & conditioner works pretty well and doesn't smell crappy. If I wash my hair every other day this works on its own. If I have to every day (if I go to the gym), then I use jojoba oil too. If I stick to that - no itchiness. If I don't - itchy as hell! Good luck!

Hello,

Currently wrapping up day 13 on 60 mg (40mg then 80mg, back and forth).

Redness subsiding, oiliness of skin gone down a lot as well.

Two things I've noticed, very itchy skin (which may be due to allergies, I had that going on intermittently before Accutane), and dandruff.

Any recommendations as to the best shampoo to use?

Before starting Accutane I would shower daily, but not my hair doesn't need it and my skin probably couldn't handle it anyways.

Thanks ya'll!

polytar shampoo

I really like Jason's dandruff shampoo. It is not as drying as Head & Shoulders (which is my old faithful). It contains an interesting but effective mix of ingredients, including neem, sulfur, salicylic acid, and tea tree oil. H&S kind of always left a film on my hair that made my scalp feel greasy, but hair ends feeling dry. The shampoo by Jason just leaves everything soft and clean.