Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mgeelh

Creme de la Mer (for scars)

Has anyone tried this creme?

It sounds promising to me to reduce acne scars. It costs about $ 110 for 1 oz (30 ml)

I think i'm going to try it in short time.

A description:

The Accident

Over forty years ago, aerospace physicist Dr. Max Huber suffered a terrible accident when a routine experiment exploded in his face, resulting in severe chemical burns. Neither science nor medicine could offer sufficient promise of help, so Huber decided to help himself. Twelve years and some 6,000 experiments laterâ€â€Crème de la Mer was born.

The Formula

At the heart of Crème de la Mer is a nutrient-rich, highly potent Miracle Brothâ„¢. There is nothing unusual about its ingredientsâ€â€a blend of sea kelp, vitamins and minerals. It's the way Huber distilled them that made the difference between a good moisturizer and a small miracle, borrowing form the ancient science of fermentation. This intensive, 3 to 4 month process released vital energies, transforming the ingredients into a whole far greater than the sum of its parts.

The Miracle

There are those who insist Crème de la Mer has produced astonishing results. Some might even call it miraculous. In a short time, skin becomes softer, firmer, looks virtually creaseless. Even the driest of complexions are healed.

The Secret

Crème de la Mer's Miracle Brothâ„¢ is suspended within its extraordinary formula. To activate the broth and release its key ingredients, warm a small amount between your fingertips. As you pat onto clean, cry skin, you will instantly f eel the soothing effects of the broth. Smooth over your face, neck, even under the fragile eye area. Apply day and nightâ€â€for a lifetime.

Quite a few people from the board have tried creme de la mer in regards to trying to reduce scarring, although i am yet to hear a story where it has helped someone with scarring, if i were you i wouldnt waste my money. Sorry

The lanloin in creme de la mer is awful for acne prone/ scared skin. I also heard mineral oil was its base YUCK! what idot would pay 100 of dollars for a jar of that shit your best bet for a good moisturizer would be carleys clear and smooth moisturizer but it might be too rich for the summer. It worked good for me during the winter I dont use it anyumore though I use carotein line of products its really great stuff.

I've used Crème de la Mer for about 3yrs now ........I can't live without this .........People make the mistake of buying the cream in the jar form which will cause breakouts but I use the moisturizing lotion in the pump . It helps keep my breakouts at bay and heals the ones I do have (at that time of the month) much quicker . I quit using it for about a month awhile back because I didn't have the money at the time ........and my face looked horrific .............I try to buy mine off of Ebay .........so it doesn't cost as much .............They also have samples alot of the time on there too............For me Its a must have ...........I'm so addicted .........but just remember NOT the one in the Jar (The original formula) ..............but the lighter Version " The Moisturizing Lotion " in the pump..........

I used the "oil-free" version in the pump and my skin reacted with a face full of acne. Turns out algae breaks me out.

I suggest some light reading before you shell out the $$$$.

when i was in Paris i saw it for cheap, my mom said i should get it since my grandma uses it for skin discoloration, but i refused.

Thank god smile.gif

I've haven't tried nor would I try it. I've heard nothing but bad things about it.

From what I heard, I think it should be called "Creme de la Merde" wink.gif

Merde: French for sh*t

Meet Pete, doesn't sound too romantic now, does it? smile.gif Almost same pronunciation, but what a difference it makes.

mgeelh, try this one called Regeniskin. Very cheap, I used it for a while now, especially after TCA peels. I don't get breakouts and it seems to have reduced my scars.