Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
crosswordlover

Evening Primrose Oil?

Interesting! I'm new here--had great skin until menopause flared up and flung my face back into junior high...uck--but excited to learn as much as I can! Harsh treatments always just tore up my skin like crazy when i was younger and i figure the same thing will be true now as then (big assumpetion? maybe...) Anyways, Im wondering if anybody tried this stuff: It sounds like one of those perfumes my mother used when I was a girl, but that doesn't mean it works. I've got arthritis coming on so it'd be great to kill two birds with one stone, but I'm not sure about natural remedies. they can be so expensive, and with one child still in college I don't want to go crazyy. Anyways, does anybody here have an opinion on this stuff? My husband has this work awards thing at the end fo the month and I really want to look nice for it.

Interesting! I'm new here--had great skin until menopause flared up and flung my face back into junior high...uck--but excited to learn as much as I can! Harsh treatments always just tore up my skin like crazy when i was younger and i figure the same thing will be true now as then (big assumpetion? maybe...) Anyways, Im wondering if anybody tried this stuff: It sounds like one of those perfumes my mother used when I was a girl, but that doesn't mean it works. I've got arthritis coming on so it'd be great to kill two birds with one stone, but I'm not sure about natural remedies. they can be so expensive, and with one child still in college I don't want to go crazyy. Anyways, does anybody here have an opinion on this stuff? My husband has this work awards thing at the end fo the month and I really want to look nice for it.

There's very little evidence that evening primrose oil works. It's theorized that the gamma linoleic acid in EPO is anti-inflammatory and "hormone-balancing", but studies conflict on its usefulness. Most natural and herbal remedies for acne or "woman problems" don't have very much evidence behind them, (only theories) and it'll most likely be a hit-or-miss situation if you try them.