Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

. it does one month for the skin to shed a layer though.

would it be faster if one were eating all the right foods instead of just eating a strict diet?

This diet isn't necessarily "strict" there are so many vegetables, fruits, meats, nuts, seeds, seafood. You can get really creative if you want to. people think its strict because they can't have diary and grains and junkfood which are bad for you. These foods I am telling you about are the "right foods", and once you get used to it you will not think of this diet as strict anymore. There are so many paleo recipes go search around you may change your opinion.

Oh no, I agree with you. I eat everything, except breads, grains, or beer pretty much. I eat dairy because my stomach likes it and it has no negative effects on me (that I know of). I don't consider a strict diet, I was talking about some of the people on this forums diets. Like they only eat certain foods and have long lists of things they think breaks them out. The paleo diet isn't bad but it also isn't meant for everyone. Sure there are things that are terrible for use now a days, but not everything?

I don't think it's good they have a long list of things that break them out, people think that just because they have a pimple means that whatever they ate 2-3 days ago caused when really it was because they weren't getting adequate sleep and exercise fresh air plenty of water and other small factors I don't usually believe it when people tell me a long list of things that break them especially when they are natural foods, because our bodies are designed to eat these foods. Also sleep is fairly important for good quality skin it won't cause acne if you have bad sleep patterns, but our bodies organs have different functions while we sleep, and we can stress our organs out if theydont get the rest they need, our heart pumps 24/7 but when we sleep it doesn't have to pump as much blood. Remember good rest helps with the quality of our skin in matters of making it come to life.

Should i get rid of raw milk from my diet?

I've read about paleo, but read some other things that say raw milk is very good for you. So i've reintroduced diary to my diet last week. Specifically raw goat milk.

Re- the eggs, Robb Wolf doesn't suggest we should have an upper bound. So this is just in specific to a paleo diet tailored to clear up acne?

I eat quite a few eggs a week, lot more than .5 dozen.

I'm also not expecting any dramatic returns from switching to a paleo diet for at least 2 months, you really think in 1 months time one should be looking at clear skin?

Doesn't it take 30 days before what you are eating to start showing an effect?

No, it takes about two weeks even for supplements. it does one month for the skin to shed a layer though.

any science to back up this claim?

in my experience 2 wks has not been the case.

Edited by ClownSki

Should i get rid of raw milk from my diet?

I've read about paleo, but read some other things that say raw milk is very good for you. So i've reintroduced diary to my diet last week. Specifically raw goat milk.

Re- the eggs, Robb Wolf doesn't suggest we should have an upper bound. So this is just in specific to a paleo diet tailored to clear up acne?

I eat quite a few eggs a week, lot more than .5 dozen.

I'm also not expecting any dramatic returns from switching to a paleo diet for at least 2 months, you really think in 1 months time one should be looking at clear skin?

Doesn't it take 30 days before what you are eating to start showing an effect?

No, it takes about two weeks even for supplements. it does one month for the skin to shed a layer though.

any science to back up this claim?

in my experience 2 wks has not been the case.

It takes two weeks for supplements, because it takes up to 80 hours for to be fully digested, then supplement amount get absorbed into the bloodstream based on what you ate, not all of it gets absorbed actaully not that much at all. then the supplement gets carried through the bloodstream through the whole circulatory system, but because its such a small amount that gets absorbed you must supplement it for days until enough builds up in your system to take effect, since supplements such as vitamins and minerals are micro nutrients. supplements such as protein, fats, and carbs act faster because they are macro nutrients and alot more is absorbed into your bloodtream, also the body requires more of the "macro" nutrients to sustain its needs.

hi man, could you post your before and after pictures?

I can post some after pictures, I'm not sure if I can post some before unless someone has a picture of me somewhere, when I had cysts I theatened people who aimed a camera at me it was pretty bad. the picture I have right now is one of my pics I took yesterday. Also since I am new to these forums can you give me directions as to how I put up a profile picture? I have tried to find out, but I am still unaware of how to do it. I managaed to post one picture somewhere I think its on my profile/blog.

do you recommend omega 3 eggs or organic eggs? The stores here don't have organic omega 3 enriched eggs, where I use to live did.

Can you link me to any commercial producing egg companies that use pasture raised hens with no grains in their diets? I don't think there are any in North America.

do you recommend omega 3 eggs or organic eggs? The stores here don't have organic omega 3 enriched eggs, where I use to live did.

Can you link me to any commercial producing egg companies that use pasture raised hens with no grains in their diets? I don't think there are any in North America.

It's alright. If you have grain fed hens eggs take an one 3 supplement such as the cod liver oil reccomend with your eggs this will balance the omega 3 -6 ratio.

hmm i've noticed you've mentioned it takes 2 weeks to see results a few times throughout this thread, and i think that's somewhat misleading.

i went strict paleo for nearly 5-6 months before i was completely clear, and i didn't even see much of a difference with my acne or skin until the second month. even in 'the dietary cure for acne' by loren cordain (a leading paleo researcher & author) it's stated, "In Phase 1, which lasts 30 days, you'll be attacking the causes of acne with nutritional tools that can improve acne symptoms. By closely following the diet, your acne will rapidly improve. Phase 2 covers the next 3 months and beyond." the 3 months and beyond phase 2 exists because it might take several months for severe cases to clear up completely, and it provides information regarding how to remain on a paleo diet afterwards since it basically becomes a lifestyle instead of just a diet.

perhaps i could see someone clearing their skin in 2 weeks if they only get an occasional pimple every month or two or lightly oily skin, otherwise it'll be more like 2 months before they'll see worthwhile results.

anyhow, just throwing my years of paleo experience and studying into the thread for any readers who are 2 weeks into the diet and are frustrated that they aren't seeing results yet.

Edited by Brenton B

hmm i've noticed you've mentioned it takes 2 weeks to see results a few times throughout this thread, and i think that's somewhat misleading.

i went strict paleo for nearly 5-6 months before i was completely clear, and i didn't even see much of a difference with my acne or skin until the second month. even in 'the dietary cure for acne' by loren cordain (a leading paleo researcher & author) it's stated, "In Phase 1, which lasts 30 days, you�€™ll be attacking the causes of acne with nutritional tools that can improve acne symptoms. By closely following the diet, your acne will rapidly improve. Phase 2 covers the next 3 months and beyond." the 3 months and beyond phase 2 exists because it might take several months for severe cases to clear up completely, and it provides information regarding how to remain on a paleo diet afterwards since it basically becomes a lifestyle instead of just a diet.

perhaps i could see someone clearing their skin in 2 weeks if they only get an occasional pimple every month or two or lightly oily skin, otherwise it'll be more like 2 months before they'll see worthwhile results.

anyhow, just throwing my years of paleo experience and studying into the thread for any readers who are 2 weeks into the diet and are frustrated that they aren't seeing results yet.

By results I mean "progress" and I saw progress in several people 2 weeks into the diet, no where did I state that in two weeks you will remission of your acne symptom, and what severity was your acne. If your acne is moderate you will most likely see progress in two weeks. If you have cystic acne I gurantee you will see results in 2 weeks. I believe cordain even in his book states that it can take more than a month, but even he stated you will see results in 2 weeks to a month, but it can take up to 3 months and beyond, and in most cases it takes only a month. I recall him mentioning something in his book about a "30" day trial.

Maybe he is referring to optimizing skin moisture levels over the next couple or taking care of those two pimples that keeping popping up that no one ever notices.

Even I saw results in two weeks or "progress" but when you got cysts all over your face it's kinda hard not to see results. I agree withyou though you cannot take on this diet and have flawless skin in a month, but you see a great improvement in allmost all aspects of your life (mood, sleep, health in general)

Just keep it up, after awhile you won't regret it.

By results I mean "progress" and I saw progress in several people 2 weeks into the diet.

no where did I state that in two weeks you will remission of your acne symptom

really? because right here, you told someone with cystic acne that they'd be clear in 2 weeks:

in how much time should i be acne free( i have 5 cycts, 6 pimples)?

You will notice a difference in a week your pimples should be gone in 2 weeks, give it one month and don't despair it takes time to heal years of abuse from toxic foods to your body.. I gurantee you will see results!

it's great you want to help people out, but i think giving false hopes to people with moderate to severe acne isn't the best way to do it.

my personal post with my acne experience and regimen has been one of the most popular threads on the holistic forum, and i've had at least 100 or more people try it out while emailing me their questions, concerns & results, and i've never once heard of anyone having their skin clear in 2 weeks from paleo. if anything, most people have an initial outbreak within the first few weeks as the stored toxins in their fat cells are released into the blood, and if they've had any gut flora imbalances, they sometimes experience a die-off symptoms (Herxheimer reaction) from yeast and other harmful or problematic microbes which exacerbate their acne.

also, i think the paleo program from The Whole30 version 4.0 is a good start for most people that are unfamiliar with the paleo program. it's proven to be an effective program for getting people to try paleo and stick with it afterwards.

it's true that going paleo will clear most people's skin if they follow it closely, but people with acne symptoms will need much longer than that short time-span to finish detoxing, healing their gut, balancing their hormones & blood sugar, and learning what specific foods affect their skin; years of damage healed completely in 2 weeks to a month... not likely.

for anyone reading this, the realistic time-span for clearing your skin on paleo while supplementing vitamins, minerals, and helpful herbs will take nearly a month to notice improvements in your acne symptoms, and anywhere between 2-6 months to be completely clear depending on the severity of your acne symptoms.

also here is a good video for anyone looking to clear their skin:

Edited by Brenton B

I know people didn't have acne before agriculture because there are tribes that still exist today and ancestors that existed before agriculture consumed the same foods that they consume now, and neither them nor their ancestors had acne

Also the knwoledge has been passed down through the generations.

Thats how I know.

Prove it. Prove that no-one that has ever existed in a tribe has had acne or had disease. You'd have to personally examine all the remains of these tribes people for the past 100,000 years or more which would be obviously impossible given most have probably decayed unto dust and you simply would not have the time or facilities to do so. Your argument is weak and fallacious; your message may be helpful but you ultimately cannot prove your statements here.

I genuinely agree with this statement. I come here to give my opinion what worked for me and that is all and to help others. I am no doctor and I don't try to play doctor as some of these people do. All claiming it is nutriention and food for people they have never met on the internet. EVERYONEs system is different food may or may not cause acne, that is all that can really be said. In all those studies that say milk and other dairy products promote acne with a majority of people with acne being effected by it, well guess what there are still people that weren't effected by it.

Dairy does effect acne, the protein in dairy is hard for our bodies to digest and gives it problems. Why do you think some people are lactose intolerant, because milk contains a sugar called lactose, thats funny though not everyone is lactose-intolerant think about it. The people who don't have acne from dairy is because there body can process dairy, but even then most of the protein in dairy is excreted through their feces. our skin is composed of protein, vitamin A, C, Zinc, and some other core ingredients, also milk was designed for cows, their digestive system is different. Peoples genes code for their immune system to fight off toxins, some of us have it coded to where the body recognizes the skin as an efficient place to excrete toxins. People who don't have acne is because their coded to rid toxins through their urine and feces, who do you think alot of men get prostate cancer, studies show that very men who had prostate cancer showed a significance of acne in their life. It's just the way the body chooses to rid itself of toxins.

I have been interested in the paleo diet since I first heard it in school. What would you suggest a college kid eat when he is constantly on the go? I can't just pack fish into my lunchbox everyday so I eat a turkey sandwich and an apple, for breakfast an egg, avocado and ham mcmuffin made at home. To follow the paleo diet what would you reccomend eating for an afternoon lunch that would be easily stored? Turkey salad perhaps? I don't think just vegetables would fill me up and nourish my brain for the task of learning. Thank you for the post btw.

Justin, how do you feel about almond milk? It is not dairy, nor milk derived from cows, but it does contain nuts which you state can increase inflammation. Any thoughts on it?

Also, how about cereals like Kashi Go Lean and whole grain english muffins? Are those also out of the question? I feel like they are a healthy alternative but not quite paleo.

By results I mean "progress" and I saw progress in several people 2 weeks into the diet.

really? because right here, you told someone with cystic acne that they'd be clear in 2 weeks:

You will notice a difference in a week your pimples should be gone in 2 weeks, give it one month and don't despair it takes time to heal years of abuse from toxic foods to your body.. I gurantee you will see results!

it's great you want to help people out, but i think giving false hopes to people with moderate to severe acne isn't the best way to do it.

I said you will see results in two weeks if you have cystic acne, I didn't say it would dissappear in two weeks completely so I'm not giving any false info here but this should sum I up. The paleo diet will cure your acne. There I said it that should sum up my last reply. Also FYI I'm not worried about the popularity of my post. If you think your popular because you got alot of attention, it's nothing special. My job here is to show people the cure for acne, and have I done that? Yes! I find it frustrating a tad bit when someone comes along and tries to criticize m when I'm trying to only do good and help people. This diet will cure your acne! I've tried it had other try it, and not one has not cured there acne with this healthy lifestyle, I was saying that stuff in my previous reply because the person I was replying to judging by his photo has never had cystic acne, and if he hasn't had it he will never know how psychologically disturbing it is. I didn't come here for popularity. I came here to help, and I can honestly say that the paleo diet will cure your acne. How is that crushing someones hope? If I read this post when I first broke it with cysts and it was posted by someone else I would say this is the most happiest day of my life, because awhile back when I had horrible acne I would try anything. So please understand I am trying to help people and by help I mean help them realize this is the cure no matter how Long it takes this will cure your acne! That's as good as it gets. So would you rather buy creams for the rest of your life that damage your skin and make it look crappy, or would you like healthy acne free skin that looks alive and healthy. That's for you decide I'm just happy that whoever is reading this stumbled upon the cure and it is there choice whether they want to live with socially debilitating disease or have acne free skin because if I stumbled across this along time ago I probably wouldn't have the scars that are left over then again my scars remind me that I "killed" my ace something I dreamed of most of my minor years.

P.S. I didn't come here for popularity or to give someone false hopes and crush them so please all who read this don't reply with something you want to say that you think is criticizing and don't come here bragging about popularity because I could honestly carr less about that. Who would wanna read someones post if they just wanna be popular because popularity doesn't deteremine whether you are right or wron that is for you to find out yourself.

my personal post with my acne experience and regimen has been one of the most popular threads on the holistic forum, and i've had at least 100 or more people try it out while emailing me their questions, concerns & results, and i've never once heard of anyone having their skin clear in 2 weeks from paleo. if anything, most people have an initial outbreak within the first few weeks as the stored toxins in their fat cells are released into the blood, and if they've had any gut flora imbalances, they sometimes experience a die-off symptoms (Herxheimer reaction) from yeast and other harmful or problematic microbes which exacerbate their acne.

also, i think the paleo program from The Whole30 version 4.0 is a good start for most people that are unfamiliar with the paleo program. it's proven to be an effective program for getting people to try paleo and stick with it afterwards.

it's true that going paleo will clear most people's skin if they follow it closely, but people with acne symptoms will need much longer than that short time-span to finish detoxing, healing their gut, balancing their hormones & blood sugar, and learning what specific foods affect their skin; years of damage healed completely in 2 weeks to a month... not likely.

for anyone reading this, the realistic time-span for clearing your skin on paleo while supplementing vitamins, minerals, and helpful herbs will take nearly a month to notice improvements in your acne symptoms, and anywhere between 2-6 months to be completely clear depending on the severity of your acne symptoms.

I said you will see results in two weeks if you have cystic acne, I didn't say it would dissappear in two weeks completely so I'm not giving any false info here but this should sum I up. The paleo diet will cure your acne. There I said it that should sum up my last reply. Also FYI I'm not worried about the popularity of my post. If you think your popular because you got alot of attention, it's nothing special. My job here is to show people the cure for acne, and have I done that? Yes! I find it frustrating a tad bit when someone comes along and tries to criticize m when I'm trying to only do good and help people. This diet will cure your acne! I've tried it had other try it, and not one has not cured there acne with this healthy lifestyle, I was saying that stuff in my previous reply because the person I was replying to judging by his photo has never had cystic acne, and if he hasn't had it he will never know how psychologically disturbing it is. I didn't come here for popularity. I came here to help, and I can honestly say that the paleo diet will cure your acne. How is that crushing someones hope? If I read this post when I first broke it with cysts and it was posted by someone else I would say this is the most happiest day of my life, because awhile back when I had horrible acne I would try anything. So please understand I am trying to help people and by help I mean help them realize this is the cure no matter how Long it takes this will cure your acne! That's as good as it gets. So would you rather buy creams for the rest of your life that damage your skin and make it look crappy, or would you like healthy acne free skin that looks alive and healthy. That's for you decide I'm just happy that whoever is reading this stumbled upon the cure and it is there choice whether they want to live with socially debilitating disease or have acne free skin because if I stumbled across this along time ago I probably wouldn't have the scars that are left over then again my scars remind me that I "killed" my ace something I dreamed of most of my minor years.

P.S. I didn't come here for popularity or to give someone false hopes and crush them so please all who read this don't reply with something you want to say that you think is criticizing and don't come here bragging about popularity because I could honestly carr less about that. Who would wanna read someones post if they just wanna be popular because popularity doesn't deteremine whether you are right or wron that is for you to find out yourself.

Also one more thing Results and progress are the "SAME THING" WOW! Really? I SHIT YOU NOT!

if I cleared half my acne in two weeks those are results, also if i cleared half my acne in two weeks that would also be progress. crazy world isn't it.

So people reading this please ignore "Brenton B" popularity seems to be his main concern and critizing people is his second main concern.

Also it is rare that I cuss, but sometimes it necessary to show sick I am of people replying just to criticize take what ever they want out of my posts and totally turn it around.

Also if you wanto be popular heres a good link.

I haven't tried it, but you've proven it.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...11134241AALmdKm

Sorry everyone for the cussing.

I did a form of low carb very akin to the paleo diet you're suggesting and it yield positive results for three months. My face is still covered with pimples, etc :/ and I didn't notice even a little improvement. So unfortunately this doesn't seem to be a cure for everyone. I could post my food log if anyone is interested but I don't suppose it will help.

I'd really like to get clear but I have tried so much with so litte effect that I feel basically helpless with nothing else to try left.

Edited by murgl

What is your opinion on butter oil?

Should i be taking it? I ordered it off the site that supposedly makes the best cod liver oil and it finally came. Its apparently really good for your dental health.

http://www.greenpasture.org/public/Home/index.cfm

it's basically a pure milk fat if i'm understanding it correctly. think that means i want to stay away?

Edited by ClownSki

I did a form of low carb very akin to the paleo diet you're suggesting and it yield positive results for three months. My face is still covered with pimples, etc :/ and I didn't notice even a little improvement. So unfortunately this doesn't seem to be a cure for everyone. I could post my food log if anyone is interested but I don't suppose it will help.

I'd really like to get clear but I have tried so much with so litte effect that I feel basically helpless with nothing else to try left.

You are right because you can follow the paleo diet list of acceptable foods and still be consuming something you have an intolerance for or consuming high glycemic meals, drinks or snacks. I too would have severe cystic acne because the food to which I am allergic to that causes me to break out in cysts is allowed.

Did you try an elimination diet to determine food intolerances?

Should i be taking it? I ordered it off the site that supposedly makes the best cod liver oil and it finally came. Its apparently really good for your dental health.

it's basically a pure milk fat if i'm understanding it correctly. think that means i want to stay away?

Yes, milk products are known to cause problems. The proteins and lactose sugars in milk are hard for us to digest, because they are produced in a cow for the calf not for humans, this is why many people cannot have milk due to intolerance. I have a slight lactose intolerance, and cannot consume dairy without a cramp following.

I don't reccomend it, but the choice is yours.

If you believe it will not cause you problems go for it.

I don't usually reccommend this, but here

http://www.waiworld.com/waidiet/twd-diet.html

this diet is a straight forward simple to follow plan

that lasts for about two weeks to a month, i've tried it, and even though my acne was already gone, this diet didn't give me any acne, and you may want to try it, they suggest raw egg, and i downed four raw egg yolks every day for two weeks.

Of course I did some research on salmonella first, but so long as you practice sanitization you won't have to worry about that.

this diet will give you plenty of time to heal your acne, then after the two week period just start adding foods back in til you can identify what might be giving you problems. it may be that you are eating to much of something or you are not getting enough omega-3s to combat inflammation.

Yes, milk products are known to cause problems. The proteins and lactose sugars in milk are hard for us to digest, because they are produced in a cow for the calf not for humans, this is why many people cannot have milk due to intolerance. I have a slight lactose intolerance, and cannot consume dairy without a cramp following.

I don't reccomend it, but the choice is yours.

If you believe it will not cause you problems go for it.

I agree. Will wait for 2 more months and see how my skin looks before reintroducing dairy products (the raw goat milk is gone for now).

ty for the responses.

Hi Justin...I have a question. I have a normal body weight and don't want to lose weight...I like my body the way it is. Is there a way of doing the diet your speaking of without losing weight? I really don't want to lose weight and I am quite capable when I diet.

Another question - does the amount of exposed skin matter when getting natural vitamin D from the sun? I.e. if i'm wearing a shirt and get out for 30 minutes is that the same if i were to be shirtless?