what carb can I eat then ???

Hello all,

Im following a anti acne diet right now,

100% cut

-gluten

-sugar

and all that etc.

Cus I want my ******* acne cleared!

Today I was in the city get some stuff etc, and I were hungry what can I eat? for anti acne I just grabbed 2 WHOLE GRAIN slice bread (The darkest bread) with slice chicken. and later I started to get pimples? breakout ( Wtf?? ) and my pimples are always at the same spots ALWAYS

Well, I have readed that carbs are bad for you when you have acne but what can you eat then? for carb? if you need to go to work/School?

this is so complicated and so stressfull!

how is this possible to clear my acne then? aargg..

Edited by thyrain

Everything else?

Vegetables and starchy veggies

Non-gluten grains (with the exception of corn)

Nuts/Seeds

Fruit (in moderation)

^Yes. Real food.

Next time grab the chicken and some greens and veggies for a salad.

Sweet potatoes are a great thing to have on hand when you crave a carb. We even have a couple of threads devoted to the wonderfulness of the sweet potato.

I often bake them and take with me for lunch. Of if I didn't have time, back in the microwave where ever. In fact, I've spent a few weeks visiting my mother in the hospital after her stroke and I cooked a sweet potato in the microwave there almost every day. I love them with chili powder and olive oil.

There are many more threads full of recipes and suggestions on what to eat in the Food and Recipe thread: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Food-and-...ce-t205099.html

Edited by alternativista

Sweet potato is nice, Can I eat so many as I want? since I realy need to eat anough for workout so I don't lose weight,

Guest pokemonster

yeah right.

go to town and grab some veggies to snack on, like grab a broccoli and chew on, right there >_> or have a bag of carrots for watching movie in cinema. why nice idea, but only if ur awasome looking already and not ashamed of yourself to bloody deathh.

also what the acne to do if ur not exactly a cinderella in da kitchen and hate cookingggg? :huh:

yeah right.

go to town and grab some veggies to snack on, like grab a broccoli and chew on, right there >_> or have a bag of carrots for watching movie in cinema. why nice idea, but only if ur awasome looking already and not ashamed of yourself to bloody deathh.

also what the acne to do if ur not exactly a cinderella in da kitchen and hate cookingggg? :huh:

You are not required to eat anything in the cinema. Or while wandering around town.

Guest pokemonster
You are not required to eat anything in the cinema. Or while wandering around town.

yea but its not as fun.

forget the gluten thing, its an overhyped contributer to acne. the only people who need to care about gluten is anyone with celiac disease. and people think that since people with celiac disease cant eat gluten, then gluten is unhealthy for them too, this just doesnt seem to the the case. gluten is just wheat protein, which most normal healthy guts and intestines will break down into amino acids.

wheat and oats are super healthy, and there are only one million diagnosed celiacs in the us, there are 300 million people in the US, that is a small percentage of people that actually have celiac disease.

gluten-wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gluten

dairy and sugar i believe are bigger contributers to acne severity, but do not cut out dairy, only limit its consumption slightly, sugar you can almost completely cut out except for the occasional fruit, which you should have.

please note that i did not use the word CAUSE, none of these foods cause acne, they only contribute to its severity that is all, these will account for the dietary component to your skin health. there are psychological components that should be addressed as well. i have observed myself and other people in real life and stress always seems to correlate with breakouts, seemingly independant of any dietary factors. i have seen relatives of mine clear up dramatically when stress is relieved, i have seen the same in myself as well. its unfortunate that we learn to get used to stress and we are no longer sensitive to it.

two factors to overall health, dietary/purely physical and psychological/mental. these variable exist in these two categories, defining what is meant by psychological is things like how you physical/chemical bodily makeup or state, changes in relation to sensory information, that what you see, hear touch smell and the meaning you derive from that information that provokes a bodily change. also, beliefs thoughts memories all have an influence on bodily states/chemical makeup.

Edited by AutonomousOne1980

forget the gluten thing, its an overhyped contributer to acne. the only people who need to care about gluten is anyone with celiac disease. and people think that since people with celiac disease cant eat gluten, then gluten is unhealthy for them too, this just doesnt seem to the the case. gluten is just wheat protein, which most normal healthy guts and intestines will break down into amino acids.

wheat and oats are super healthy, and there are only one million diagnosed celiacs in the us, there are 300 million people in the US, that is a small percentage of people that actually have celiac disease.

gluten-wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gluten

dairy and sugar i believe are bigger contributers to acne severity, but do not cut out dairy, only limit its consumption slightly, sugar you can almost completely cut out except for the occasional fruit, which you should have.

please note that i did not use the word CAUSE, none of these foods cause acne, they only contribute to its severity that is all, these will account for the dietary component to your skin health. there are psychological components that should be addressed as well. i have observed myself and other people in real life and stress always seems to correlate with breakouts, seemingly independant of any dietary factors. i have seen relatives of mine clear up dramatically when stress is relieved, i have seen the same in myself as well. its unfortunate that we learn to get used to stress and we are no longer sensitive to it.

two factors to overall health, dietary/purely physical and psychological/mental. these variable exist in these two categories, defining what is meant by psychological is things like how you physical/chemical bodily makeup or state, changes in relation to sensory information, that what you see, hear touch smell and the meaning you derive from that information that provokes a bodily change. also, beliefs thoughts memories all have an influence on bodily states/chemical makeup.

Gluten is overhyped? :rolleyes: Not only is gluten not essential to human health, but there's nobody on this planet that benefits from it in any way whatsoever. I'd also go as far as to say gluten affects EVERYONE on this planet negatively, but some people are more susceptible to it, namely acne sufferers.

Wheat is not healthy. Let's just for a moment pretend that wheat is healthy (it's not.)

Let's say that it's a 99% perfect food, but:

-It retains its high Omega 6 content

-It retains its abnormally high phytic acid content

-It retains its abnormally high lectin content in wheat germ agglutinin

-It retains the gluten

In terms of what is most likely to give people acne, I'd rank gluten just behind sugar.

And once again, you really need to get off that dairy bandwagon. There's no reason humans should be consuming dairy (besides human breast milk.)

Edited by chunkylard

yea but its not as fun.

You find paying a ridiculous prices for giant tubs of bad popcorn and soda fun?

I think everyone doing that look like idiots.

Gluten is overhyped? :rolleyes: Not only is gluten not essential to human health, but there's nobody on this planet that benefits from it in any way whatsoever. I'd also go as far as to say gluten affects EVERYONE on this planet negatively, but some people are more susceptible to it, namely acne sufferers.

Wheat is not healthy. Let's just for a moment pretend that wheat is healthy (it's not.)

Let's say that it's a 99% perfect food, but:

-It retains its high Omega 6 content

-It retains its abnormally high phytic acid content

-It retains its abnormally high lectin content in wheat germ agglutinin

-It retains the gluten

And it mimics insulin so messes up your whole carb metabolism as well as the leptins(?) that signal when you are full.

Thyrain, you can most likely add back in oats and rice and other seed-like grains after you've tried avoiding all grains completely for at least a month. Few people are intolerant to those things, but if you have leaky gut from the gluten, you may be more intolerant to all kinds of things, seeds in particular. Few people are intolerant to lentils as well.

Edited by alternativista

Ok guys, I still eating realy healthy cutting all no need stuff and still I get breakout oily face and pimples starting to come again?

come on what is the problem :(??

Ok guys, I still eating realy healthy cutting all no need stuff and still I get breakout oily face and pimples starting to come again?

come on what is the problem :(??

How long have you been eating this way? I thought you just started.

now 3 days, so far eating realy clean and only drinking water.

But still eating clean shouldnt give me breakout :(?

Edited by thyrain

3 days is nothing. Just keep it up!

Btw, you don't have to only drink water. Do you like herbal teas? Even pure cocoa probably won't aggrevate your acne unless you can't hack caffeine.

Edited by neverforget

now 3 days, so far eating realy clean and only drinking water.

But still eating clean shouldnt give me breakout :(?

There's 365 days in a year and about 30 days in a month and you want your acne to be completely clear in 3 days after years of abuse and neglect towards health?

Not gonna happen, sorry. Not even Accutane works that fast.

There's plenty of stuff to drink besides water:

-Any kind of tea

-Green smoothies

-Fruit smoothies (try to take some fiber and fat before consuming just fruit. Stick to low-GI fruit such as berries. You can also mix in a bit of fruit into your green smoothie to make the taste less severe.)

-Coconut water/milk

-Almond milk

-Kefir/kombucha

Edited by chunkylard

I assume you're talking about milk kefir. Yes, even if you're lactose intolerant. Coconut water/milk kefir is even better.

Yes I meant milk kefir. I am going to buy kefir grains and start to do my own milk / coconut milk kefir. :drool: