Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Okay so my college has a gym and I really enjoy daily fitness, because if I have crappy skin I may as well have a nice body right?

Do any girls here go to the gym with makeup on? I was thinking of just doing yoga for now because I don't sweat, but I'd like to actually work out. I want to do cardio, but without anyone seeing my awful marks and pimples.

I start college tomorrow, I'd still like to know what other girls with moderate acne/red marks do when they have to go to the gym as far as makeup is concerned!

I'm not a girl, however, I have worked out at my college workout facilities many times. There are all kinds of people in there. Guys with acne, girls with acne ect. I don't ever really stop to care cuz I just listen to my ipod and do my own work outs im not there to look at other people, unless they are hot chicks in tight black spandex, lol. I think people notice those more that don't know how to work out properly, they are just awkward and in the way people those types standout the most.

Sweating is actually good for your skin. Look up the benefits. I have also noticed from personal experience that I get less acne and more glowing skin if I sweat a lot but then take a short cold shower right after.

Edited by blue giraffe

^ Haha now that you say that I notice people on the treadmills and ellipticals who aren't using them right more than anything else. To the OP: I feel you. My red marks were/are always really apparent because I am pale and they are like BAM IM RED. I wore makeup for a little while to cover them but only when I knew there was no way I was going to the gym unless they were covered. I honestly recommend starting off with a little makeup and working your way down to none. You will realize eventually that no one is paying attention to the marks and hopefully feel more nonchalant about going in without makeup. I never wear face makeup to the gym anymore. It's fine. Wear gym clothes you feel confident in and have a cute ponytail and some mascara. :) You'll feel better.