Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
akinator

What do you feel about people of other sex who have acne?

What do you FEEL (not 'think', but 'feel' , 'thinking' and 'feeling' are two diffrent things. ) about people of other sex who have acne?

Nowadays I don't have a lot of spots, the main problem are scars. One time I met the girl (we just talk once or twice), who was really beautiful - but I can saw some acne scars on her face. Those scars wasn't even huge. But I don't feel ok with her scars - not becouse they was so ugly, but becouse looking at her face I feel like I was looking at my own face. And looking at her I feel uncomfortable and sad, becouse I was thinking (and unconciously feeling bad) about my own face. I tried to thing 'hey, she is beautiful even with scars, so mayby I'm too, it's good news'. But it didn't change the way I feel with her presence.

And it didn't matter I liked the way she looks, becouse her scars makes me feel bad about myself.

I hope you understand what I mean.

I'm a girl, so when I see a guy with acne or acne scars, I feel so much empathy. I work a retail job at a hardware store so when a young man comes to my information desk I always look him in the eye and give him a big smile :)

Lately my acne has really changed how I feel about dating and such in general, I almost feel like I'd rather date a guy going through it as well because we'd have a mutual understanding, even if it's not that pretty haha.

I'm a girl, so when I see a guy with acne or acne scars, I feel so much empathy. I work a retail job at a hardware store so when a young man comes to my information desk I always look him in the eye and give him a big smile :)

Lately my acne has really changed how I feel about dating and such in general, I almost feel like I'd rather date a guy going through it as well because we'd have a mutual understanding, even if it's not that pretty haha.

i agree, i think youd feel more comfortable with someone whos going through the same thing, so youre not worrying so much about them having clear skin and you having, well, not so clear skin, ykno?

my skins finally clearing up though (just red marks left) thanks to the regimen. AWWW YEAAHHHH

Guest pokemonster

other sex or no but i feel alot of sympathy? towards ppl with acne, bcs they share same pain to mine own so i understand them in a way...well unless i know the person and dun likey them, then i dont care

[/quote

Totally agree my friend who has cystic acne got together with a girl who had really bad acne tho she now experiences occasional minor breakouts. They have really bonded and are real soulmates and im quite sure it can be attributed to both of them having that mutual understanding of how acne can make you feel.. but now that they are together i wish i could date a girl who understands me too. guess it will greatly reduce the pains of acne and well beauty need not be external :)

I wouldn't care at all. Although it's important to remember that acne doesn't define us and would be far from being a reason to date someone, at the same time, I imagine that a mutual understand of such a personal thing could help form quite a strong bond between people.