Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lrco

Zinc Cured My Acne Update: Yeah, No... Acne Hell Again..

So, im just here to say that zinc cured my acne.

Sometimes i still have some, but it never ''grows'' So seems that zinc stops inflammation, so for me i dont have that red spots anymore (i used to have a lot)... BUUUUUT my skin still extremelly oily

I stopped to take for 2 weeks and i was having red spots again...

I take 50mg in the morning and 50 at night...

I think its a nice idea for everybody at least try it...

As i said my skill still a mess because its like oil.. and i dont know what to do about it...

ps- sorry for my english

Edited by lrco

FYI, if you're taking 100mg of zinc a day, in pill form, then you're probably overdosing.

consuming more than 100mg of zinc can be toxic, and you CAN get quite a bit of zinc from your diet depending on what you eat.

Also, I really think this is all in your head. I doubt pill zinc has the ability to cure anyone's acne

Not my head. i tried tons of things before... even b5 didnt work.

as i said i stop taking for 2 weeks and it was all back

and zinc is not THAT toxic. but next month i will take 50mg/day, ill post pictures

Edited by lrco

I took zinc, and it did NOTHING. and in fact, I think it may have made it worse. maybe I'm allergic to it. hmmm idk but ur lucky! :clap:

I found that since i also added a zinc supplement i hardly ever get spots just the odd one or two and i agree not taking it i get loads like befor, just the red marks to go now :/

Great. Im back to say im on acne hell again. i dont know what happened, i was fine with zinc for weeks. now im breaking out again, bad. real bad. i have to go on accutane . im done with this acne mess, gosh i hate it

hi there, i think you are wrong. Taking more than 40mg of zinc daily would make your antibody worse in long run. After all, our body always flush out excessive intake of vitamin, including zinc. There's no difference between taking 18 mg and 30mg of zinc daily. You might want to read this:

http://ods.od.nih.go...thProfessional/

I also take zinc daily, in form of multivitamin but my multivitamin only contained 12 mg of zinc. I think I need to add zinc-containing foods into my diet to make up for the remaining 6mg of zinc.

Also, the same rules apply to vitamin C and the other popular stuffs. If I take in 250 mg and 1000 mg of vitamin C at different days, they won't make any real difference as the body would consume about 90-150 mg of vitamin C and flush out the rest.

I honestly don't believe though that taking any vitamin stuff help us in fighting acne. (including zinc/iron/etc.)

Edited by wokaka