Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
clearface1

Acne in your late 20's (New)

Hello,

I am new to this site. A little about me:

I am in my late 20's and for the last 6 months i have had acne around my mouth. I have tried to see if it would go away, but it did not. I went to my doctor and he gave me tazorac! I have been using it for 5 weeks and i dont see any results. When i was 13-17 i had major acne and the only thing that helped me was accutane, don't feel like going back to taking accutane since i want to start a family. It cleared up my acne within 6 months and i have not had any acne for a long time. Well until now. I thought having acne was bad when i was a teenager, but now since i am an adult it makes me really really upset.

Since i am using tazorac what face wash, moisturizer, and also maybe foundation , concealer would go best. I always had dry skin and sensitive skin.

I just want to get this under control. I also stopped eating sweets and dairy, did this help anyone?

Thanx,

R :)

It definitely sucks having acne in your adult years. I honestly feel like I cannot grow as a person when I have all these little bumps all over my face.

i feel like i have the same issues you are having ClearFace1!

i took accutane when i was 16 and havent really had any significant issues until the last year or so due to extreme stress/job changes etc...its really frustrating since its around my mouth/chin area, and i have little bumps on my forehead and i cant seem to get it to go away with anything--im on doxy now with finacea cream, and its sporadically worked, but not consistently and i'm getting fed up. i tried changing my diet but it didnt really work, changed my BC pill...nothing. so go ahead and have your ice cream b/c im pretty sure unless you have a serious food allergy, your acne issues arent caused by food.

i am contemplating going on accutane again since i had such good success with it until now but i am worried my derm wont prescribe it since my acne isnt severe. but its affecting me MORE now than when it was really bad as a teenager...maybe because no one else I know has it?? UGH.