Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've always been so excited to being fresh at a new school, in a program that I know I'll love.

I've made a lot of friends through Facebook already, with even some interest from a couple of guys that seem pretty cool.

I'm just so scared that my acne is going to hold me back... it hasn't improved much over the summer. A little, but not much. I feel like I'm going to have to wear makeup CONSTANTLY, I don't even know how I'll be able to go to the gym because I'll sweat all of my makeup off.

Has anyone ever felt anxiety like this? I despise it, I just want to feel free again.

It's hard to go to new school with acne. I think that everybody with acne feel uncomfortable when going to new school is concerned. It's normal, but it doesn't mean that it's good .

Don't think about your skin, don't star at the mirror to often. I know that isn't easy.

I had some friends, who was starting school with acne. Some of them became very popular despite of acne, some didn't. It's mainly the issue of high and low self-esteem and other psychologigal issues.

My experience - in one school I was "over" acne and was very popular; in other one I can't be over acne so I wasn't popular at all.

So what? Millions of pple are starting new semester with acne or some other imperfecitons. It should not slow u down. Focus on your grades and try to build a confidence. Prove yourself that you can accept urself with acne and be confident with acne. But don't forget about treatments, healthy diet and stressless life.

Good luck. :dance:

As "obvious" as these things are, I really overlooked them so they help put me into a better perspective :)

Ugh it's just so defeating to go through, as everyone on this board can empathize with.

When I come out on the other side of this, there will be hardly anything that can bring me to a darker place than coping with moderate acne and red marks as a teenage girl every single day.

I will be made of STEEL, haha.

I definitely feel the same way, though I go to community college so its not quite the same. It sucks because I have noticed how much different I am this semester as compared to the beginning of my first semester (its my 2nd year) when my skin wasn't bad and I was relatively social in my classes. Now, I don't want to talk to anyone, much less look at them, basically because I'm ashamed of how my face looks, and it just makes going to school such a drag. I'm trying to not be so hard on myself about it, because I see people all the time with acne, many that have it a lot worse. I bet if I just stopped caring so much about my acne, it would go away too :/ I hope it goes well for you, and I'm sure you'll meet plenty of people who won't judge you at all by the state of your skin, just be yourself and don't let this get in the way of having a good time!

It was the same way with me. However, while there are a lot of people with clear skin there is still A LOT of people with acne. By college most people are mature enough to look past acne or already had acne of their own.

GO TO THE GYM. Freshman 15 is not a myth.

I definitely feel the same way, though I go to community college so its not quite the same. It sucks because I have noticed how much different I am this semester as compared to the beginning of my first semester (its my 2nd year) when my skin wasn't bad and I was relatively social in my classes. Now, I don't want to talk to anyone, much less look at them, basically because I'm ashamed of how my face looks, and it just makes going to school such a drag. I'm trying to not be so hard on myself about it, because I see people all the time with acne, many that have it a lot worse. I bet if I just stopped caring so much about my acne, it would go away too :/ I hope it goes well for you, and I'm sure you'll meet plenty of people who won't judge you at all by the state of your skin, just be yourself and don't let this get in the way of having a good time!

I go to community college too! Hmm, how is it not the same? You meant in a bad way or good way?

I guess goin' to high school, college, univer or work are all the same. They are all public places, where we have to face social interaction and communication with pple.

Edited by amy91

I was just at my new college today (University of Saskatchewan) to get my picture ID taken. There were 50 people ahead of me and all of them were GORGEOUS! They were all starting me down because I had white stuff on my face - Dan's Benzoyl Peroxide.

Anyway, I ended up backing out because after you get your picture taken, everyone watches you sit there and get YOUR picture taken. :( I couldn't do it.

Edited by carmusen

I go to community college too! Hmm, how is it not the same? You meant in a bad way or good way?

I guess goin' to high school, college, univer or work are all the same. They are all public places, where we have to face social interaction and communication with pple.

yeah, it really is the same in that sense, in my experience its just not easy/common for people to reach out to others and make friends at community college, since people haven't moved away from their homes and still have their old social groups. I suppose that is what I meant. they are all equally scary though when you feel unpresentable in your own skin :/

I understand how you feel. When I started college (4 years ago), I was somewhat self-conscious about having to use my skin care products in front of my roommate. She was my best friend even. But it all turned out well and it was the joke amongst by friends that I was the skin care expert. People even came to me with questions, which was awesome in my eyes!

Honestly, college is a time for a LOT of people to start over, become who they wish to be, make friends, explore life, and generally find happiness. Don't let ANYTHING hold you back from that. If you don't hold yourself back, I promise nobody else will either.

I understand how you feel. When I started college (4 years ago), I was somewhat self-conscious about having to use my skin care products in front of my roommate. She was my best friend even. But it all turned out well and it was the joke amongst by friends that I was the skin care expert. People even came to me with questions, which was awesome in my eyes!

Honestly, college is a time for a LOT of people to start over, become who they wish to be, make friends, explore life, and generally find happiness. Don't let ANYTHING hold you back from that. If you don't hold yourself back, I promise nobody else will either.

Thank you :)

Yeah, going without makeup every morning and evening in front of my roommate is going to be uncomfortable, and I'm worried about going to the gym as well, and sweating it off. All in good time I'll be clear I suppose!

I don't let it hold me back.

I do get annoyed though that I have to put in my daily plan about putting on makeup. Sometimes, I come straight from work, and I barely have time to get anything done.

Carmusen- That's why I'm glad I was towards one of the last people to get my id taken. I was behind on getting it done and forgot about it. When I got there, there was only a few kids in line, and I was last.

Very nice advise Kairasa. You reminded me of my own roommate when I was still in college. I remember one time when we got home late from a party, around 2am and she still found some time to do her rituals. :angel:

The worst part is worrying about my roommate seeing me without makeup :(

It'll be me waking up extra early and waiting til the last possible minute to do my nightly ritual.

I kind of warned her I had a "bit" (hahaha) of a breakout and I'll probably be a bit of a "princess" in the bathroom morning and evening, so I hope she isn't completely disgusted.

This.

Seriously. My skin doesn't really have any signs of clearing. I only have one more year and then its "off to college". I doubt anything is going to clear it from now to then. = u =;;

I'm kind of nervous too. I'll be moving away from my old friends and making new ones. Honestly I just don't want people to judge me. (Im shy enough as it is)

Buttt I also see it as it really can't be any worse than high school..? I mean I would like to hope that college goers are more mature... <:'D

Ha one thing that it will hinder me from (imo) is dating. A cystic eruption is not really a good icebreaker....lol... or maybe it is. = v =

Let's just say it is super awkward to see the same people on your residence floor in the washroom all the time and to finally talk to them after messing with your face in the mirror, then realizing later that your left cheek was bleeding the entire time.

They're really nice people though!