Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HereUntilCLear

Flaky or Greasy?

I have been on the regimen for a bit over a year. Works great but one huge problem. My skin is always dry and flaky from the bp or greasy and oily from moisturizer. Is there anyway to stay in the happy middle? As a guy i don't wanna carry around lotion to take care of my flakes or carry oil absorbent sheets to suck up my wet face. Does everybody have this problem? This is almost as bad as the acne itself. I'm getting really fed up with it.

yeah i have that problem too -____-

for now im just trying to use less moisturizer, and thats working oookkkk but not stellar. i dont really know what else to do, but maybe you could use AHA to get rid of the flakes, and then you can use less moisturizer?

I have been on the regimen for a bit over a year. Works great but one huge problem. My skin is always dry and flaky from the bp or greasy and oily from moisturizer. Is there anyway to stay in the happy middle? As a guy i don't wanna carry around lotion to take care of my flakes or carry oil absorbent sheets to suck up my wet face. Does everybody have this problem? This is almost as bad as the acne itself. I'm getting really fed up with it.

try reducing the amount of BP you use! do that for a couple weeks and see if you stay clear =) most people don't need the full 3 pumps and it'll reduce your flakes drastically therefore requiring you to use less moisturizer = happy middle!

Thanks guys but actually I'm already doing both of those. I already use way under what's recommended for BP and i use AHA when i start to get flaky. Its like having acne is a full time job without any benefits. It sucks. Kinda makes me want accutane but i feel like a derm would make me go through dozens of crazy treatments worse than dan's before i ever got it because my acne is only moderate yet persistent as a mofo.

I've always had this problem. I've been on Dan's regimen for about 5 years now and I've been tinkering and I think I've found the perfect solution:

Wash face.

Lightly dab face with Jojoba oil.

Wait for it to dry.

Then BP/moisturizer.

I usually put my face in front of the fan to make my face dry faster.

It doesn't. The key is to spread a VERY THIN layer on each side. I usually watch TV or do my morning routine while I wait for it to dry. I know it will take patience for it to dry, but wait around 30-45 minutes. Eat breakfast or do other things.

Because you're putting the Jojoba Oil first, the BP overpowers the greasiness of the Jojoba.

It doesn't. The key is to spread a VERY THIN layer on each side. I usually watch TV or do my morning routine while I wait for it to dry. I know it will take patience for it to dry, but wait around 30-45 minutes. Eat breakfast or do other things.

Because you're putting the Jojoba Oil first, the BP overpowers the greasiness of the Jojoba.

i tried that today and my skin felt AMAZING. the pefect balance :)

Wash face.

Wait for it to dry.

Then BP/moisturizer.

Hi carmusen, glad you have found something that works to get rid of the excessive greasiness that comes from applying moisturiser and jojoba oil last.

Would you be so kind as to elaborate on the quantities used for each of the steps you mentioned? As in, how much jojoba oil do you use to dab your face? What quantities of BP and moisturiser do you use at end? Oh, are you using Dan's products for all the steps?

Sorry for the many questions - any extra help in helping us nail your grease-free method would be much appreciated! It's frustrating to follow Dan's regimen to a T, only to have certain parts of my face feel flaky, whilst the majority of it becomes so greasy that you can see your own reflection in it. :(

Wash face.

Wait for it to dry.

Then BP/moisturizer.

Hi carmusen, glad you have found something that works to get rid of the excessive greasiness that comes from applying moisturiser and jojoba oil last.

Would you be so kind as to elaborate on the quantities used for each of the steps you mentioned? As in, how much jojoba oil do you use to dab your face? What quantities of BP and moisturiser do you use at end? Oh, are you using Dan's products for all the steps?

Sorry for the many questions - any extra help in helping us nail your grease-free method would be much appreciated! It's frustrating to follow Dan's regimen to a T, only to have certain parts of my face feel flaky, whilst the majority of it becomes so greasy that you can see your own reflection in it. :(

Hey! Glad to be of help. :) Here are the detailed steps:

1. Wash face with mild soap.

2. Wait for face to dry. It takes about 10 minutes.

3. From each temple of your face, point Jojoba Oil's bottle-mouth and let 5 drops drip. Spread from temple to cheek to under your eyebags (NOT under your eyes).

(Waiting for it to dry is an option. I found that in the end, it doesn't really matter.)

4. Spread ONE pump of Dan's BP on ONE cheek. (The combination will feel runny, and that's okay.)

5. Pump another on the same cheek. (For the subsequent pumps, you don't have to spread until it dissolves.)

6. For the third/fourth pump, try to get the temple and again, spread. (Again, it doesn't need to be dissolved.)

7. Repeat steps 4-6 for the other cheek.

8. (At this point, your face will be a white mess. That's okay.) Add ONE pump of moisturizer (Dan's beige-colored works well to hide some of the redness.) on one finger. Then make three dots on one side of your face.

9. Repeat step 8 for the other side of your face.

10. (DO NOT SPREAD YET!) Repeat steps 8-9 but this time, instead of moisturizer, add sunblock lotion! Yes, the white cream that you buy from the supermarket. This isn't necessarily to use as protection from the sun but rather for concealing any imperfections.

11. Mix all concoction EVENLY on your face. From the temple (forehead is optional) to your cheeks to under your eyebags.

12. Once the concoction reaches an even color and even amount on all areas of the face, wait for an hour (and a half) to dry.

13. IMPORTANT! DO NOT open your mouth at this time. Do not talk, laugh, or eat. Just relax. Believe me, the end-result will be so much better.

14. Once the concoction dries, it is best to go to bed. (Yes, do this at night.) When you wake up, your face will look dry dry dry and even and smooth!

Edited by carmusen

Wow, thanks for the thorough breakdown carmusen! Thanks a heap!

I'll definitely give the Carmusen Regimen a shot tonight and keep at it - I'll report back on any results. :D

EDIT: Just a couple of follow up questions, if you would be so kind:

1) Do you only do use this regimen at night, before you turn in for bed? What do you do in the mornings? (I can imagine that doing this regimen twice a day ends up becoming super time consuming, especially if you're trying to get ready for work in the mornings)

2) Do you do recommend doing this regimen every day - or do you do it every alternate day, once a week, etc.? Any noticeable side effects if this is skipped for a day or two (eg. travelling/spending the night at someone else's place, so having no time to go through the whole process)?

Thanks!

Edited by dlcl

I tend to do this at night only. Dan's BP and the Jojoba Oil are too... dense? liquidy? to dry within a couple of hours in the morning.

I do this every night actually. Once you wake up, it lasts for about 6-8 hours.

There will be days when it won't turn out perfect when you wake up because of your sleeping position--like smudging the concoction onto your pillow or blanket--so take note.

Wow carmusen... Idk what to say. That's a lot to take in. And sounds like a real chore, even at night. Not sure I'm up for that challenge but since that is your nighttime regimen, so what do you do during the day? Nothing?