beans/lentils

salt

potatoes

butter

quinoa (i dont know if it's a grain)

MILK

CHEESE

BREAD

grains (Tabooli salad makes me break out)

Too much of one type of food

Meat (too much Hormones, antibiotics, the chicken looked bloated)

Fish (too much mercury in farm raised)

And obviously anything proccessed or that has refined sugar

Agave nectar

Too much honey (raw)

Stay away from pre-made raw food

Things That I eat on a daily basis:

Vegetables (I only cook the hard to digest vegetables & tomatoes: steamed)

Fruit (any kind as long as i dont overload)

Nuts/seeds (Only one handful a day)

I eat a variety of fruits and vegetables daily

I try to cut down on my acidic fruit intake (bad for enamel and made me throw up once from eating too much)

So am I missing anything in my diet?

I cut out ALOT of things from my diet so I'm not sure... :eh:

Edited by milkmilk1

Yes, if you are avoiding legumes, and animal products and the only high protein thing you eat is a handful of nuts per day, then you need to eat a ton of food to get the protein you need. You pretty much need to eat all day. Like a gorilla.

How have you determined all those foods break you out? I'm talking about the real food, of course, not processed food like stuff and sugars. Did you figure it out via a methodical elimination diet?

Unless you are intolerant to a particular food, it's the glycemic impact, lack of nutrients and inflammatory affects of poor diet habits that affect acne.

There are some foods that do have more of an impact besides their glycemic/insulinemic impact and inflammatory rating such as dairy which contains the hormone IGF1 and precursors to DHT both major factors in acne formation. And seeds, especially legumes and grains with their anti-nutrients. But some are worse than others and proper preparation reduces their harm. You probably do not need to avoid all of them. Lentils for example are pretty benign and a good source of protein.

Edited by alternativista

Seems like malnutrition here, how do you get protein?

That's what I'm concerned about. My Dad would never buy quality meat (antibiotic free, hormone free, wild alakan salmon)...so I dont know any cheap alternatives besides quinoa which breaks me out...so I dont know where to get protein.

Yes, if you are avoiding legumes, and animal products and the only high protein thing you eat is a handful of nuts per day, then you need to eat a ton of food to get the protein you need. You pretty much need to eat all day. Like a gorilla.

How have you determined all those foods break you out? I'm talking about the real food, of course, not processed food like stuff and sugars. Did you figure it out via methodically elimination diet?

Yes I've had an elimination diet that cleared me 100% and I noticed what foods broke me out because i did this elimination diet many times for months at a time.

And quinoa is not a grain. It's a seed of a plant related to spinach.

There also isn't too much mercury in farmed raised fish. There's too much mercury everywhere, but basically, it's the predatory fish you want to avoid. And those are wild caught. Also, you want to avoid farmed fish in the case of species that aren't suitable for farming such as salmon, and fish farmed in places without standards. Tilapia and trout are good fish for farming.

Edited by alternativista

And quinoa is not a grain. It's a seed of a plant related to spinach.

There also isn't too much mercury in farmed raised fish. There's too much mercury everywhere, but basically, it's the predatory fish you want to avoid. And those are wild caught. Also, you want to avoid farmed fish in the case of species that aren't suitable for farming such as salmon, and fish farmed in places without standards. Tilapia and trout are good fish for farming.

I read that tilapia has low levels of omega-3 and that it's bad for people with autoimmune diseases (acne), omega-3 is the main reason i want to eat fish..Except i hope im fine w/o fish because brocolli contains omega-3 and is very cheap.

I've been reading about how bad antibiotics in meat is..and that it weakens your immune system. So I would def. prefer to eat quinoa over any type of meat. I usually put torshi over it to disguise that bad taste which is probably why i break out from eating it.

I read that tilapia has low levels of omega-3 and that it's bad for people with autoimmune diseases (acne), omega-3 is the main reason i want to eat fish.

Well, Tilapia is not amongst the highest in omega 3s, that much is true. The highest would be the cold water fatty fish like salmon, trout, sardines, herring and mackerel. But I only suggest it for protein and low cost and was correcting your misunderstanding about mercury and farmed fish. The farmed part has nothing to do with the mercury part. And how is tilapia bad for auto immune provided it is properly raised?

If you are not going to eat any dense, quality protein source except a handful of nuts per day, then you need to eat a ton of food.

Edited by alternativista

Ok well I just started back eating quinoa for my protein source..so i got that checked

..And im going to eat flaxseeds for omega-3 (apparently, they are higher in omega-3 than fish). And I'm going to occationally eat cage free, organic hard boiled eggs and avacadoes.

I'm also adding kefir, and saurkrout to my diet (since i have taken antibiotics before, and these things contain pro-biotics). The saurkrout is pasterized so im not sure if it will cause acne?

And I'm going to start steaming my vegetables lightly from now on instead of boiling them til they are all mushy. And I'm going to LIMIT my fruit intake and eat mostly vegetables.

I also am going to take cold showers from now on and stop wearing makeup.

My only concern now is if Kefir is ok and if saurkrout is ok to eat???? Anyone have any opinions on here on these things? I might just let the saurkrout sit in my fridge until I find more information about it. I feel like I'm OCD about my health now that I got breakouts...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

Have you tried raising the standard of certain things that break you out, such as the meat, fish, dairy and eggs? Try:

Fish: wild caught. As far as I know, some species that are farmed are rather fine to eat. I believe it's more the case when it comes to creatures with shells. Crabs, for instances.

Meat: Grass-fed, organic etc. Know anyone who hunts wild game? That's as organic as you can possibly get, and free! (kinda)

Dairy: Generic, pasteurized dairy products break me out too. But raw dairy products have had really positive effects on my skin. I eat cheese made from raw milk and grass-fed butter. Good fats, which your current diet lacks apart from nuts, which should be prepared properly and eaten sparingly, anyway. Consider macadamias.

Eggs: pastured eggs, grass-fed, bug-eating. Great food source, if you can tolerate them.

And remember, diet can be miniscule in comparison to other elements. It sure gets a lot of people far, including me, but it doesn't stop there. Take exercise, sleep, sunlight, stress etc. all into account.

Ok well I just started back eating quinoa for my protein source..so i got that checked

..And im going to eat flaxseeds for omega-3 (apparently, they are higher in omega-3 than fish). And I'm going to occationally eat cage free, organic hard boiled eggs and avacadoes....

My only concern now is if Kefir is ok and if saurkrout is ok to eat???? Anyone have any opinions on here on these things? I might just let the saurkrout sit in my fridge until I find more information about it. I feel like I'm OCD about my health now that I got breakouts...

No, flax seeds don't have more omega 3 than fish, at least not the cold water fatty fish. It's also a different form of omega 3 which animals then have to convert to use. Some people are not so good at converting it. Also, watch out for increased breakouts from it. It's very estrogenic which can help some people and make others worse depending on their particular imbalance. It makes many people much worse. There was a lengthy thread here about it with tons of people taking it and getting good results initially, but then some had horrible breakouts. Usually the males.

What's the kefir made from? Dairy? It will depend on how intolerant you are to dairy, but it's at least a protein source. Why have the eggs only occasionally? Have you determined that you are intolerant to them? You need to be methodical in an elimination diet to determine food intolerances.

Saurkraut is great to eat, but will only have probiotics if it wasn't pasteurized. Cabbage is great to eat as are all green leafy veggies and other members of the brassica family like broccoli. HAve you seen the Green Smoothie thread? (They do have compounds that a small number of people need to avoid though. They are reduced by cooking)

Above all, you must not be OCD about your diet. Manage stress and do not freak out over little things.

Edited by alternativista

I think since the sauerkraut is pasteurized it's lost most if its nutritional benefit.

Yeah, I realized that..I decided to not eat it.

Have you tried raising the standard of certain things that break you out, such as the meat, fish, dairy and eggs? Try:

Fish: wild caught. As far as I know, some species that are farmed are rather fine to eat. I believe it's more the case when it comes to creatures with shells. Crabs, for instances.

Meat: Grass-fed, organic etc. Know anyone who hunts wild game? That's as organic as you can possibly get, and free! (kinda)

Dairy: Generic, pasteurized dairy products break me out too. But raw dairy products have had really positive effects on my skin. I eat cheese made from raw milk and grass-fed butter. Good fats, which your current diet lacks apart from nuts, which should be prepared properly and eaten sparingly, anyway. Consider macadamias.

Eggs: pastured eggs, grass-fed, bug-eating. Great food source, if you can tolerate them.

And remember, diet can be miniscule in comparison to other elements. It sure gets a lot of people far, including me, but it doesn't stop there. Take exercise, sleep, sunlight, stress etc. all into account.

The meat is a big issue for me, my Dad just buys the cheapest meat possible (he thinks meat is MEAT). I just need to find a part time job to do so I can afford it. Interesting, but I have read things about dairy and how it's not beneficial for the human body at all. And milk kinda tastes nasty. I also remember eating raw cheese when i was clear, and it gave me breakouts galore..I have no idea why.

Yeah i read those are the best type possible to eat..I'm going to buy eggs tommorrow and eat them for protein (maybe 2 a day). I just read a few mins ago about how quinoa contains small amounts of gluten..so im still researching more on that before i eat it.

I excersise everyday I'm not in school by running on the treadmill, it really helps blood flow, and you get rid of toxins through prespiration.

I'm confused on why you say I need sunlight, doesn't it cause skin damage? I wear sunscreen daily even in my house because i have very fair skin and freckle very easily. I also dont want wrinkles when I'm older.

Btw, The elimination diet I did before was the raw vegan diet, it cleared me in only 2 months...but I got back to having breakouts after eating random restraunt food socially. I now realize the raw vegan diet isnt healthy but, idk what it was about that diet that made me 100% clear. Like, I didn't even have the weird tiny bumps all over my face i have now..

..And im going to eat flaxseeds for omega-3 (apparently, they are higher in omega-3 than fish). And I'm going to occationally eat cage free, organic hard boiled eggs and avacadoes....

No, flax seeds don't have more omega 3 than fish, at least not the cold water fatty fish. It's also a different form of omega 3 which animals then have to convert to use. Some people are not so good at converting it. Also, watch out for increased breakouts from it. It's very estrogenic which can help some people and make others worse depending on their particular imbalance. It makes many people much worse. There was a lengthy thread here about it with tons of people taking it and getting good results initially, but then some had horrible breakouts. Usually the males.

What's the kefir made from? Dairy? It will depend on how intolerant you are to dairy, but it's at least a protein source. Why have the eggs only occasionally? Have you determined that you are intolerant to them? You need to be methodical in an elimination diet to determine food intolerances.

Saurkraut is great to eat, but will only have probiotics if it wasn't pasteurized. Cabbage is great to eat as are all green leafy veggies and other members of the brassica family like broccoli. HAve you seen the Green Smoothie thread? (They do have compounds that a small number of people need to avoid though. They are reduced by cooking)

Above all, you must not be OCD about your diet. Manage stress and do not freak out over little things.

That sucks if flaxseeds will cause breakouts, I guess I have to research more about this as well.

Yeah it's made from cow milk. I think I broke out from the eggs because i cooked them in alot of corn oil, which i realize now I'm intolerant to (I'm intolerant to soy, corn, potatoes).

I'm going to look at that thread, my bro makes green smoothies daily and it sounds so annoying like someone roarinng at you and takes forever to clean. I'd rather eat my vegetables whole

What did you eat in this raw vegan diet that cleared you? Was it all real food? No soy or wheat based processed faux foods?

The logical thing would be to go back to that and add additional foods in a methodical manner watching for any reaction. Why don't you start with the free range eggs since that's something you can afford? And maybe some canned sardines for more protein, omega 3s, etc. once or twice a week. That's also cheap.

Oats and lentils are two plant sources of protein that are unlikely to cause you any problems unless your intestines are so damaged from gluten that you can't handle any grains.

You need sun to make vitamin D an extremely essential nutrient that you can't get enough of from food. the only good source is fatty fish like salmon, sardines, etc.. and you won't be able to eat enough. Most need about 20 minutes of midday sun. Protect your skin by consuming the nutrients that protect your skin. Also, bright light exposure is a big part of the natural cycle your body goes through. It affects sleep, hormones and even your ability to metabolize carbs.

Edited by alternativista

What did you eat in this raw vegan diet that cleared you? Was it all real food? No soy or wheat based processed faux foods?

The logical thing would be to go back to that and add additional foods in a methodical manner watching for any reaction. Why don't you start with the free range eggs since that's something you can afford? And maybe some canned sardines for more protein, omega 3s, etc. once or twice a week. That's also cheap.

Oats and lentils are two plant sources of protein that are unlikely to cause you any problems unless your intestines are so damaged from gluten that you can't handle any grains.

You need sun to make vitamin D an extremely essential nutrient that you can't get enough of from food. the only good source is fatty fish like salmon, sardines, etc.. and you won't be able to eat enough. Most need about 20 minutes of midday sun. Protect your skin by consuming the nutrients that protect your skin. Also, bright light exposure is a big part of the natural cycle your body goes through. It affects sleep, hormones and even your ability to metabolize carbs.

When I was a raw vegan I basically ate anything that I could eat raw (fruits, nuts/seeds) and i ate raw vegetables except for the raw vegetables you have too cook like potatoes, beets, things that are very hard to eat raw. The first time I went raw I got rashes all over my face and terrible pimples EVERYWHERE, it was a nightmare then after like 2 (maybe 3 months) I was completely clear. I didn't eat the pre-made raw food, i just ate a brocolli, papaya, etc. just by itself.

I now realize it wasn't healthy because i didn't get enough protein and meat. But at least it cleared me like everytime i went on that diet..eventually the pimples would go away.

Hmm..thats interesting. The sun does feel good on my skin. What nutrients protect your skin from the sun? All I know is a cooked tomatoe does, because it produces lycopene. Are you saying 20min a day? I'm going to look into the health benefits of sardines..

and I think I am that allergic to gluten because even when I ate tabooli salad (which has grains) it broke me out and when i ate oatmeal for breakfast i broke out within a few days.

Oh, and yeah it was real food i didn't eat any soy or wheat..just the fruits veggies, nuts and seeds

Edited by milkmilk1

Lycopene, C, Omega 3, all kinds of flavanols, phenols and whatnot from plants like pro-anthocynids which provide the dark blue to red pigments in berries, grapes, red cabbage, apple skins but is also in tea and cocoa. Olive oil applied topically after exposure has supposedly been shown in studies to reduce the damage as would C and aloe.

Lycopene, C, Omega 3, all kinds of flavanols, phenols and whatnot from plants like pro-anthocynids which provide the dark blue to red pigments in berries, grapes, red cabbage, apple skins but is also in tea and cocoa. Olive oil applied topically after exposure has supposedly been shown in studies to reduce the damage as would C and aloe.

What does "C" stand for?

What does "C" stand for?

Vitamin c.