Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
arabella hope

can red marks last longer than a year?

Posted

If red marks aren't deep or severe.as in they look like light freckles..can they still last longer than a year?

Posted

If you irritate it enough and don't let it heal, sure. However, if it isn't cystic or deep or severe as your say, then I doubt it.

Posted

what would u have to do to irritate it?

Posted

Mine have lasted a year and i haven't done anything to irritate them. Its a genetic thing, you're either a fast healer or you're screwed like me.

Posted

Depends on how dark the marks are to begin with and whether or not you are a person who produces more melanin which will cause the marks to stick around longer. I'm sure they do if you don't take any action to help fade them, but, with accelerated chemical exfoliation, they should be gone or greatly faded in several months.

Posted
Mine have lasted a year and i haven't done anything to irritate them. Its a genetic thing, you're either a fast healer or you're screwed like me.

Same here.

For me, it depends on which part of the body I get them. If I get spots on my face or chest, they generally fade to nothing within 2 weeks. If I get them anywhere else on my body then I know that they are going to be there a very long time. I have noticable marks on my thighs & stomach from spots which came up last summer, 12 - 15 months ago.

Posted

Same here.

For me, it depends on which part of the body I get them. If I get spots on my face or chest, they generally fade to nothing within 2 weeks. If I get them anywhere else on my body then I know that they are going to be there a very long time. I have noticable marks on my thighs & stomach from spots which came up last summer, 12 - 15 months ago.

lol its the total opposite for me. If i get marks on my body they fade completely after two weeks. On my face its eternity.

Wanna trade ? :P

Posted

They sure can. I have one on my cheekbone that has been there for about 14 months now. Granted, it has faded considerably, but if I don't cover it up with makeup, it's obvious it's there. It was a cystic pimple I had (which I've had on other areas on my face) for some reason just stuck around a lot longer than usual.

Guest pokemonster
Posted

Same here.

wow luckyy. 0_o im like capture, completely opposite and would totally switch with you too 0_o

and op, yea they can, oh how they can..there was similar thread to this and some said they had redmarks for even 4 and even 7 years? 0__o also knowing my own never fading marks, so yea