Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
freeliving

My cure for acne

I would like to share a cure for acne, now that does not mean you won't get it, everyone on the planet can get acne.

I will start by asking your these simple questions: has any soap, cream, or medication cleared up your acne for good?

If not please follow me on this simple and proven regime to clear acne and have clear HEALTHY skin. I am not here to send you to a link or send you to buy products I am here to help and tell you all the simple truth about what you are putting on your face and how you can cure your skin back to clear acne free condition.

The skin naturally produces sedum oil and the skin is slightly acidic in pH (around 5.6). The sebum oil is produced to help maintain moisture in the skin and provide nourishment to dead or dry skin cells. The acid mantle is on the outer most layer of the skin to help fight off any bacteria. Naturally the largest organ on our bodies (skin) protects and nourishes itself without any artificial influences. Soaps, creams, and medication are exotic to the natural body and the skins natural processes. SLS (google it) in soaps are extremely hazardous for the skin, it is used as toilet bowl cleaner, engine degreaser, floor cleaner, etc. (and yes you can find SLS free soaps). With that said, hot/warm water, soaps and creams strip away oil when rubbed on the face and medication helps stop the sebum glands from producing precious oils the skin needs to remain healthy.

In order to help the skin back to producing the correct level of oils and acids to help protect your skin you need to STOP using those products 100%. You need to allow your skin time to heal the natural way. Use only cold/cool water to splash your face to help rid any dead skin or dirt, your skin will naturally take care of the rest. DO NOT use hot/warm water and avoid shower water on your face, just tilt your head back to rinse the shampoo out of your hair (this is the only thing I recommend you use on your body as far as soap goes). Do not use body wash if you have back acne or chest acne.

What will happen once you start this process? I one weeks time you will notice a difference. Make sure you notice your blemishes before you start this process, because those blemishes need to to re-surface in order to clean itself out and get back to the correct oil producing level it needs to be at. Your skin will cleanse itself over time, but take note that in that process you will have blemishes and scars re-surface. The reason the blemishes are there is because they are deep into the skin layers and take longer to heal.

While your skin heals dead skin will build up around your blemishes (after the white head goes away by itself, do not pick at them) as any scar tissue would before the dead skin flakes off. I recommend not removing the dead skin, instead let if be and it will rid itself over the next several days. Hot/warm water promotes dead flaky skin, if you notice you have a lot of dead skin rinse in the shower with cold water on the face from the shower head for a couple of seconds (10 seconds). Do not use hot/warm water to shower as this will dry out the skin and cause more flaking.

Within two weeks you will notice those initial blemishes are non existent and perhaps some new resurfaced whiteheads from precious blemishes. In 1 and 1/2 months time you will be clear and your skin will be back to normal healthy oil producing and acid protecting conditions (that is for moderate acne, if you have severe you will notice a drastic difference and you aren't far from being clear keep with it you are almost free).

If you are skeptical to whether or not this works, trust me I know. How can something so simple be so true. The regimen is this:

-Stop using soaps, creams, medication, everything artificial hurts the skins natural process

-take cold/cool showers (4-5) mins and only wash your hair (or hairy parts armpits, genitals)

-after shower splash cold water on your face, make sure to do this to the entire face

-if you have extremely sensitive skin you might want to only splash your face once a day or after sweating

Things to note: dead skin will start to accumulate on scar tissue or any tissue area that is damaged, and for some of you this could be the entire face. Don't be discouraged if this occurs, it is a good sign that your skin is trying to heal itself.

Examples of this working in the real world (besides people I know): people in 3rd world countries, homeless, and prison inmates. Soap and other produces are not accessible to these people and they don't use them. There is no increase of acne problems for them because they let the skin be the skin, natural and healthy. The do not strip away sebum and the acid mantle, instead they let it do it's natural process.

I know there are several topics out there of not washing your face for 30 days and what have you, but the thing they missed is the importance of not using hot/warm water. Oils expand in hot/warm water and become easily agitated towards the skin. Use cold/cool water splashes and you will be clear in time. Food has not be directly linked to acne, however I believe allergies can be. If you have food allergies I highly suggest you stay away from those foods, as in those cases they can promote acne.

Good luck to all, this is the true cure for acne.

I forgot to add, also important once you are finished splashing cold water on your face, allow it to air dry, in doing this you allow your skin to absorb some of the water which helps rid impurities. Towels can irritate the skin and you should avoid them on the face.

Edited by freeliving

Even though this is helpful information to some, you have to understand not all problems stem from the same cause.

There are several threads about a cure like this, works for some, not for other. I tried this for over a month, the worse time of my life.

Third world countries don't have access to our processed food either, that could be part of the problem.

Also if this was true why would we get acne in the first place. I wasn't bombarding my skin with stuff until I started getting the severe outbreaks

Even though this is helpful information to some, you have to understand not all problems stem from the same cause.

There are several threads about a cure like this, works for some, not for other. I tried this for over a month, the worse time of my life.

Third world countries don't have access to our processed food either, that could be part of the problem.

Also if this was true why would we get acne in the first place. I wasn't bombarding my skin with stuff until I started getting the severe outbreaks

There are many reasons why people get acne in the first place, I don't have it anymore but I did when I was in my teens (14-18), it went away with this cure I used. I first got acne because I use my hair gel would get on my face when I slept at night. The first time I ever got a pimple I freaked out and my parents told me I needed to start using face wash, that only made it drastically worse. Once I stopped this and started to pay closer attention to my skin and how it wanted to be treated it worked for me, it may not work for all, however did you follow the guidelines I placed in here? You used only cold water to splash your face, no hot/warm water showers or splash? Did you touch your face? These things must be the key to my success. If I take hot/warm showers my skin gets flaky and can cause irritation, so I no longer take hot/warm showers and I no longer use soap as that irritations my skin.

There is no study that hints at food being the problem to acne, haven't read the blogs on this site?

And lastly ask yourself this question, did any of these products clear your skin up for a substantial amount of time? Did any oils or natural remedies clear your skin up?

LOL right...

I am smiling right back at you. I do this when people laugh at me for saying or sharing this when I know for a fact it works. Your loss, not mine. I have clear skin and so do my friends and we all do the same thing, I'm only trying to help, but if you want to LOL at the idea then I'll LOL right back in your face.

I'm loling because this isn't getting to the root cause of why some people have acne, I'm a hormonal enraged teenager and doing this would be a suicide mission on my face.

I'm loling because this isn't getting to the root cause of why some people have acne, I'm a hormonal enraged teenager and doing this would be a suicide mission on my face.

How would you know unless you've tried it?

Google search, "washing without soap" and read about the benefits about it.

what about cleaning make up off?

thats the hard part for girls, i have no idea about that, but damn with this clean skin i dont think youd even need makeup. if you google search "washing without soap" or "no soap challenge" you will find talk about makeup and this.

http://nomoredirtylooks.com/tag/no-soap-challenge/

from what i have seen many people just use cold water to remove the makeup, im not a female so i cant help, sorry about grammar

the thing is I never washed my face with ANYTHING other then the shower and then when i became a teen I started breaking out horribly. Im sure the water didnt turn on me...

People can rub dirt on thier face and not get pimples, doesnt make it right

the thing is I never washed my face with ANYTHING other then the shower and then when i became a teen I started breaking out horribly. Im sure the water didnt turn on me...

People can rub dirt on thier face and not get pimples, doesnt make it right

please go head and search "washing without soap" or "no soap challenge" instead of stating things that have nothing to back them up. this has the science and scientists backing it up

There is no study that hints at food being the problem to acne, haven't read the blogs on this site?

Wrong. There are many studies on various factors involving diet and nutrients that show their affect on acne. Because it is not possible for diet to not affect your acne. And it does so in many, many ways.

Did any oils or natural remedies clear your skin up?

Yes. My diet cleared me up.

Although I am not advocating the use of harsh cleansers and topicals. I myself haven't used any cleansers in over a year. But my skin was cleared via diet and healthy lifestyle about 5 years ago.

Also, there is no such thing as a cure for acne any more than there is for just about any other disease or condition. Almost nothing has ever been cured.

You most likely stopped being acne prone at 18 as occurs with many people.

Edited by alternativista

You have a food problem then, it isn't a food type for everyone, that is just stupid...it is individual to individual, and you probably have a food allergen, I am not doctor and I am not trying to play one and neither should you.

I'm doing something similar to this for my folliculitis (which is probably less related to diet than acne is). Showering once every 5 days w/ cold water and no soaps/shampoos.

I'll update in a month or two if it works.

You have a food problem then, it isn't a food type for everyone, that is just stupid...it is individual to individual, and you probably have a food allergen, I am not doctor and I am not trying to play one and neither should you.

Everyone has a food problem. And the impact of sugar/insulin on hormones and inflammation applies to everyone. As does the lack of nutrients the body needs to function. Diet affects acne in so many ways. Only one of which is food intolerance.

And yes, I do have an intolerance that causes severe cysts to form by the next day. I figured that one out a long time ago. But I still had other forms of acne and very oily skin. Then, after reading post after post of Atkins dieters saying their diet cleared their skin combined with my husband developing type II diabetes despite not being hardly overweight at all, I researched and learned just how bad for us the typical diet and lifestyle has become and began discovering the many ways diet affects acne, aging, and most of the health conditions this sickly culture suffers from. They say diabetes is the fastest growing disease in history. And it isn't catching!!! Each and every person does it to themselves via their diet and lifestyle choices. Because bad diet and lifestyle has become normal.

Everyone has a food problem. And the impact of sugar/insulin on hormones and inflammation applies to everyone. As does the lack of nutrients the body needs to function. Diet affects acne in so many ways. Only one of which is food intolerance.

And yes, I do have an intolerance that causes severe cysts to form by the next day. I figured that one out a long time ago. But I still had other forms of acne and very oily skin. Then, after reading post after post of Atkins dieters saying their diet cleared their skin combined with my husband developing type II diabetes despite not being hardly overweight at all, I researched and learned just how bad for us the typical diet and lifestyle has become and began discovering the many ways diet affects acne, aging, and most of the health conditions this sickly culture suffers from. They say diabetes is the fastest growing disease in history. And it isn't catching!!! Each and every person does it to themselves via their diet and lifestyle choices. Because bad diet and lifestyle has become normal.

I am saying that not everyone diets causes acne, some people have dietary issues where it causes acne, others don't, including myself. I am not advocating terrible diet here, I am merely saying everyone that goes down to Mcdonalds isn't going to walk away with pimples or acne. It is individual by individual. It may be true that androgen is increased due to certain foods, but that doesn't mean everyone is going to break out with acne. Everyone's level of androgen is different. If you have low androgen that is a good thing, if you have high androgen it probably isn't a good thing. But like I said before I am no doctor and I will not try to play one, all I know is what works for me and my friends and other people as stated before might help someone out here.

I am saying that not everyone diets causes acne, some people have dietary issues where it causes acne, others don't, including myself. I am not advocating terrible diet here, I am merely saying everyone that goes down to Mcdonalds isn't going to walk away with pimples or acne. It is individual by individual. It may be true that androgen is increased due to certain foods, but that doesn't mean everyone is going to break out with acne. Everyone's level of androgen is different. If you have low androgen that is a good thing, if you have high androgen it probably isn't a good thing. But like I said before I am no doctor and I will not try to play one, all I know is what works for me and my friends and other people as stated before might help someone out here.

Only those susceptible to acne will get acne so your point is moot. Those susceptible to the other ways food affects every single bit of your body will have other issues. Food affects EVERYTHING but different people will show it differently through perhaps cholesterol, weight, other hormonal issues including PCOS, and diabetes.

I would like to share a cure for acne, now that does not mean you won't get it, everyone on the planet can get acne.

I will start by asking your these simple questions: has any soap, cream, or medication cleared up your acne for good?

If not please follow me on this simple and proven regime to clear acne and have clear HEALTHY skin. I am not here to send you to a link or send you to buy products I am here to help and tell you all the simple truth about what you are putting on your face and how you can cure your skin back to clear acne free condition.

The skin naturally produces sedum oil and the skin is slightly acidic in pH (around 5.6). The sebum oil is produced to help maintain moisture in the skin and provide nourishment to dead or dry skin cells. The acid mantle is on the outer most layer of the skin to help fight off any bacteria. Naturally the largest organ on our bodies (skin) protects and nourishes itself without any artificial influences. Soaps, creams, and medication are exotic to the natural body and the skins natural processes. SLS (google it) in soaps are extremely hazardous for the skin, it is used as toilet bowl cleaner, engine degreaser, floor cleaner, etc. (and yes you can find SLS free soaps). With that said, hot/warm water, soaps and creams strip away oil when rubbed on the face and medication helps stop the sebum glands from producing precious oils the skin needs to remain healthy.

In order to help the skin back to producing the correct level of oils and acids to help protect your skin you need to STOP using those products 100%. You need to allow your skin time to heal the natural way. Use only cold/cool water to splash your face to help rid any dead skin or dirt, your skin will naturally take care of the rest. DO NOT use hot/warm water and avoid shower water on your face, just tilt your head back to rinse the shampoo out of your hair (this is the only thing I recommend you use on your body as far as soap goes). Do not use body wash if you have back acne or chest acne.

What will happen once you start this process? I one weeks time you will notice a difference. Make sure you notice your blemishes before you start this process, because those blemishes need to to re-surface in order to clean itself out and get back to the correct oil producing level it needs to be at. Your skin will cleanse itself over time, but take note that in that process you will have blemishes and scars re-surface. The reason the blemishes are there is because they are deep into the skin layers and take longer to heal.

While your skin heals dead skin will build up around your blemishes (after the white head goes away by itself, do not pick at them) as any scar tissue would before the dead skin flakes off. I recommend not removing the dead skin, instead let if be and it will rid itself over the next several days. Hot/warm water promotes dead flaky skin, if you notice you have a lot of dead skin rinse in the shower with cold water on the face from the shower head for a couple of seconds (10 seconds). Do not use hot/warm water to shower as this will dry out the skin and cause more flaking.

Within two weeks you will notice those initial blemishes are non existent and perhaps some new resurfaced whiteheads from precious blemishes. In 1 and 1/2 months time you will be clear and your skin will be back to normal healthy oil producing and acid protecting conditions (that is for moderate acne, if you have severe you will notice a drastic difference and you aren't far from being clear keep with it you are almost free).

If you are skeptical to whether or not this works, trust me I know. How can something so simple be so true. The regimen is this:

-Stop using soaps, creams, medication, everything artificial hurts the skins natural process

-take cold/cool showers (4-5) mins and only wash your hair (or hairy parts armpits, genitals)

-after shower splash cold water on your face, make sure to do this to the entire face

-if you have extremely sensitive skin you might want to only splash your face once a day or after sweating

Things to note: dead skin will start to accumulate on scar tissue or any tissue area that is damaged, and for some of you this could be the entire face. Don't be discouraged if this occurs, it is a good sign that your skin is trying to heal itself.

Examples of this working in the real world (besides people I know): people in 3rd world countries, homeless, and prison inmates. Soap and other produces are not accessible to these people and they don't use them. There is no increase of acne problems for them because they let the skin be the skin, natural and healthy. The do not strip away sebum and the acid mantle, instead they let it do it's natural process.

I know there are several topics out there of not washing your face for 30 days and what have you, but the thing they missed is the importance of not using hot/warm water. Oils expand in hot/warm water and become easily agitated towards the skin. Use cold/cool water splashes and you will be clear in time. Food has not be directly linked to acne, however I believe allergies can be. If you have food allergies I highly suggest you stay away from those foods, as in those cases they can promote acne.

Good luck to all, this is the true cure for acne.

Hi Freeliving, what you have written is very informative. My niece is suffering from acne on her back and some parts of her face. I will let my niece read your article. :angel:

Hi Freeliving, what you have written is very informative. My niece is suffering from acne on her back and some parts of her face. I will let my niece read your article. :angel:

Glad this can help. If you do a simple google search for "washing without soap" or "no soap challenge" you will find other articles out there that find the same thing for them. Soap is terrible for the skin and it might be a leading cause for most peoples acne, I am not saying it will 100% work for everyone but needs to be highly considered when talking about acne. If you need more info I can answer your questions.

Only those susceptible to acne will get acne so your point is moot. Those susceptible to the other ways food affects every single bit of your body will have other issues. Food affects EVERYTHING but different people will show it differently through perhaps cholesterol, weight, other hormonal issues including PCOS, and diabetes.

you pretty much just said what i said