Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TomWantsHelp

Hunch that salicylic acid making acne worse?

SA has always made my acne TONS worse. It makes me get acne in places I never had it, and it makes me get tons of tiny red bumps wherever it's used (which turn into bigger nastier pimples)... So you could be right. Maybe SA is not good for your type of acne. I hear it's best for blackheads and closed pimples, which is not what I personally struggle with...

How often do you use it and in what concentration?

If you use about 2% concentration max you shouldn't have problems. Also if you use BP you shouldn't use SA simultaneously. You could use one in the evening and one in the morning.

And more important do not use any facial scrubs with it.

Long term effect it should be that it clears your skin and black heads, also it should improve skin texture. (but I don't think it's a cure for acne).

What I know is that by using SA you might develop slight stinging sensation when using it for the first time. Dryness and redness on the areas applied are expected to very mild. You can use a non oil-based moisturizer to prevent that dryness effect. :angel: