Notifications
Clear all

POLL: What would you give up to have clear skin?

MemberMember
(@hiimmatt)

Posted : 08/29/2011 2:52 pm

It could be ANYTHING, and if you did, what would it be?

For me i would give up everything in my room and i mean EVERYTHING to have clear skin, cause if i had clear skin i could get a job easier and buy it all back LOL.

MemberMember
(@lookingforthecure)

Posted : 08/29/2011 3:15 pm

I would give up my clothes, and that's a lot for me to say considering I LOVE shopping. Of course, I would need an outfit for a day :)

oh! and I'd give up my make up! If I had clear skin, I wouldn't need make up!

MemberMember
(@neos)

Posted : 08/29/2011 3:31 pm

Well I'm not as desperate as I was before for clear skin, but I guess I would give up all my things expect the things from my country, my Xbox, my computer, my shoes and my photos of my childhood :)

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/29/2011 4:02 pm

I'd give up a tooth that wasn't visible

My laptop

lol I hate acne but I don't want to give up anything

MemberMember
(@paulh85)

Posted : 08/29/2011 6:02 pm

Obviously it's all hypothetical, but my first thought when reading the title of the topic was that I'd rather give things to a good cause instead of just giving them up to benefit in some way.

If there were things that I'd be happy to give up in exchange for clear skin, then maybe those things wouldn't have meant much to me anyway otherwise I'd have wanted to keep them, in which case it wouldn't be a fair trade would it. ;)

MemberMember
(@renegade-angel)

Posted : 08/31/2011 3:43 pm

I'd probably give up my precious iPhone, laptop, and clothes. It's worth less to me than my body and my health, and I can buy it all back.

MemberMember
(@tacogirl)

Posted : 08/31/2011 4:04 pm

I'd give up all my foundations and powders for sure! Also, I'd give up having easy to maintain hair.

See, I have a friend who has the most gorgeous, tan, clear skin. She thinks she's ugly because of her hair, which is course and frizzy. But she is just gorgeous! I tell her if I could, I'd give her my hair for her skin.

MemberMember
(@livelaughfart)

Posted : 08/31/2011 5:28 pm

Everything I own, and certain things that i shouldn't say over the internet because it would sound too outrageous, but its true, i would give up anything for acne unless that thing i give up would make me less attractive.

Beauty a.k.a. Health is all I care about.

MemberMember
(@kairasa)

Posted : 09/01/2011 12:13 am

I have decently clear skin now, but when I was going through my breakout (any number of them), I can honestly say I wouldn't give up a thing.

Every single event has led me to become the person I am to be. I wouldn't change that for anything.

MemberMember
(@kelso57)

Posted : 09/01/2011 1:48 am

id pay upwards to 10,000 for crystal clear skin.... i dont have that kinda of money but i could set up some payment plan month by month lmao

but im dead serious

MemberMember
(@gutterflower)

Posted : 09/01/2011 2:28 am

I'd give up my acne to have clear skin. Seriously! All of it! I'm that selfless!

MemberMember
(@wynne)

Posted : 09/01/2011 2:32 am

I'd give up my acne to have clear skin. Seriously! All of it! I'm that selfless!

I love this answer. :D

MemberMember
(@canadian14)

Posted : 09/03/2011 2:03 pm

I have decently clear skin now, but when I was going through my breakout (any number of them), I can honestly say I wouldn't give up a thing.

Every single event has led me to become the person I am to be. I wouldn't change that for anything.

I think that's a really cool way of looking at it :)

I was thinking to myself not too long ago that as much as I would kill to have clear skin, I guess in some way it "happened for a reason" and has actually made me tougher, and empathetic to the plights of other people dealing with their serious insecurities and imperfections.

Still frustrating as hell of course... but maybe some character building is a good thing.

Now that I've accepted this, can I have my clear skin now?

MemberMember
(@this-is-julie)

Posted : 09/03/2011 10:22 pm

I play this game with myself a lot...

I would give up a lot of meaningless things, as long as my family and friends and brain remains intact :D

MemberMember
(@cutiebear)

Posted : 12/11/2012 9:48 pm

I would give up my soul. Lol

MemberMember
(@ilovemesomevanity)

Posted : 12/12/2012 4:03 pm

Well I'm not as desperate as I was before for clear skin, but I guess I would give up all my things expect the things from my country, my Xbox, my computer, my shoes and my photos of my childhood smile.gif

YOUR AVATAR PICTURE THINGY <3

oops wait just realized that post was from like a bajillion years ago.

MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 12/14/2012 5:27 am

For me i would give up everything in my room and i mean EVERYTHING to have clear skin, cause if i had clear skin i could get a job easier and buy it all back LOL.

But why?

So lets say you gave everything up, your acne goes away. Then what? What would you do that you are not doing now.

I will bet you be in the exact same place mentally.

Like you, when i was younger i had this thought process. When i got clear, and by clear i mean with ongoing treatment which i still use to this day. I was still very much depressed.

It is not acne that is the problem here. It is the you have reacted to it.

Most react badly. Including me and some days i still have down days. However we get so comfortable with being miserable about it that it becomes normal,

We have to learn to accept that it is there and apart of who we are. If you can do that you will start to feel better and function the way you need to be happy.

MemberMember
(@bodie81)

Posted : 12/14/2012 1:20 pm

But why?

So lets say you gave everything up, your acne goes away. Then what? What would you do that you are not doing now.

I will bet you be in the exact same place mentally.

Like you, when i was younger i had this thought process. When i got clear, and by clear i mean with ongoing treatment which i still use to this day. I was still very much depressed.

It is not acne that is the problem here. It is the you have reacted to it.

Most react badly. Including me and some days i still have down days. However we get so comfortable with being miserable about it that it becomes normal,

We have to learn to accept that it is there and apart of who we are. If you can do that you will start to feel better and function the way you need to be happy.

Have to say that I agree with TakeToTheSkies on this.

When my acne was really severe, I would have given anything to have had clear skin and because of this I spent many years just focusing on clearing my acne.

I have never had 100% clear skin but in recent years my acne has gotten much better. Although I`m obviously grateful for this, because I neglected to work on myself I still have many of the obsessions and insecurities that I had when my acne was at it`s worst and to be honest, my acne getting better did not make me any happier.

It is only in the past few months that I fully realised the truth of the matter and it is this:-

Irrespective of the degree of your acne, unless you learn to accept and like yourself, you can never be truly content and happy.

By the way I`m not in anyway trying to preach, I`m just giving an opinion based on my own personal experiences.

MemberMember
(@crimeinpartner)

Posted : 12/14/2012 3:48 pm

TakeToTheSkies is a fucking boss

MemberMember
(@nadal)

Posted : 12/15/2012 1:29 am

If I'm guaranteed perfectly clear skin for the rest of my life. Zero pimple/cyst. No scar. Nada.

$50,000 USD.

MemberMember
(@omgmike4)

Posted : 12/25/2012 6:07 pm

Yep, I'd put up about 100,000 In debt or I would trade about 1/2 Soul.

MemberMember
(@rminspiration)

Posted : 12/26/2012 5:49 pm

I would give up all junk food (would also be a bonus I guess)

MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 12/28/2012 5:36 am

id give all the bad memories from having acne in the first place =). two birds, one stone

MemberMember
(@mario90)

Posted : 12/30/2012 2:02 pm

well, i'd give up my left arm for clear skin

MemberMember
(@blissbalance)

Posted : 01/03/2013 3:03 am

I would sacrifice not having a car for the next 10 years of my life. I'd take the bus or walk or bike. I would sacrifice most of the crap in my bedroom as well. OH, and I would sacrifice not ever eating junk food/dairy/meat/sugary foods ever again. rolleyes.gif I'd legitimately love that though.