Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pcoschick82

Three months into the regimen updates with photos

So I was posting for a short while in my blog, but didn't keep up with it, pretty much my beginning was like everyone else, flakey, itchy, dry, at two months in, I was getting ready to quit but I was seeing results, so I found a new moisturizer and kept going...and I'm so glad I did! And I didn't start seeing good results til I found a good moisturizer and ordered dan's bp. My regimen is changing soon because I feel like I need to address scaring now...so I'll post my new products soon.

For those who want to see my original blog... http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...logid=5006&

My regimen

Olay foaming cleanser with aloe for sensitive skin (foams better than the clean & clear that is recommended, I did not like that stuff at all, too drying)

Dan's bp

Cetaphil Restoraderm Skin Restoring Moisturizer (this stuff is suuuper moisturizing, formulated for people with ezcema, so I figured it was good for the regimen...this stuff saved me from flakes and stopped me from stopping the bp)

routine was kept the same day and night...when my skin got used to the bp I started getting oily so I added witch hazel as my toner, and cut down on the restoraderm and am now using Garnier refreshing gel creme as my moisturizer...this stuff is super light and absorbs so quick...ok onto the photos...

the first three were taken four days into the regimen...you can see the cystic stuff on my cheeks and small red bumps all over the place. The photo of my neck is a photo shoot I had to do, and my neck was broken out so bad, it was taken last year in 2010, you can see all the bumps even through all the makeup. The last ones were taken today, three months into the regimen. I have no acne now whatso ever, and have only had one single pimple this month, I still break out if I slack on the bp but I am now into treating my red pigmentation slowly and will be getting into fading the scars soon.

post-151637-1314589724_thumb.jpg

post-151637-1314589739_thumb.jpg

post-151637-1314589755_thumb.jpg

post-151637-1314589807_thumb.jpg

post-151637-1314589832_thumb.jpg

post-151637-1314589853_thumb.jpg

post-151637-1314589872_thumb.jpg

post-151637-1314589724_thumb.jpg

post-151637-1314589739_thumb.jpg

post-151637-1314589755_thumb.jpg

post-151637-1314589807_thumb.jpg

post-151637-1314589832_thumb.jpg

post-151637-1314589853_thumb.jpg

post-151637-1314589872_thumb.jpg

That is some great improvement! Only one pimple this whole month?! That's awesome. I'm about 4 months into the regimen and still getting a few pimples (especially around that time of the month.) I wonder what I could be doing wrong. My regimen is very similar to yours: Olay Foaming Face Wash for Sensitive Skin, Dan's BP, and Cetaphil Cream. The cream still kinda makes me itchy and the only relief is to lightly rub my face with my tshirt which of course bleaches the fabric (I only do this if it's a shirt I wear to sleep.) It's so hard to find a good moisturizer.

My biggest problems are the red marks too, so I tried AHA + but it gave me more pimples! I have this botanical lightener called Phyto + by Skinceuticals which is for hyperpigmentation. It's expensive for a whole bottle but you can get a pack of 6 sample bottles on Ebay for like 25 bucks. Maybe you could try that? I've used it before with Retin-A and got good results but I don't want to add it into the Regimen until I'm totally clear, or close to it. Hopefully that will be soon!

ya my skin still itches around the hairline and jawline sometimes, but its not as bad anymore. I did still have a few breakouts last month. Do you wear makeup? I noticed more of an improvement when I used mineral makeup with the regimen. I'll have to look into that Phyto +, right now I'm adding in a night cream with retinol, so thats helping just a tiny bit, but it's only been a few days using that, and I use the bp only in the morning now, so we'll see how that goes! Good luck, it sounds like your doing well on the regimen too!

ya my skin still itches around the hairline and jawline sometimes, but its not as bad anymore. I did still have a few breakouts last month. Do you wear makeup? I noticed more of an improvement when I used mineral makeup with the regimen. I'll have to look into that Phyto +, right now I'm adding in a night cream with retinol, so thats helping just a tiny bit, but it's only been a few days using that, and I use the bp only in the morning now, so we'll see how that goes! Good luck, it sounds like your doing well on the regimen too!

I try not to wear makeup if I can help it. Although it's hard to go out with all these PIH scars. I've thought of trying mineral makeup but it seems to be hit or miss with some people and I'd rather not take the chance right now. I'm thinking my problem might be that I don't do the regimen 10-12 hours apart. There is usually 16 hours between my night and day application and 8 hours between day and night. This is due to my crazy sleep schedule. Oh well, thanks for your reply and congrats on your progress!

Hey! Looks like the regimen is deffinately working well for you. I'm literally a few days from being into three months and I've noticed a big difference too. I still get intermittent break outs though - the idea of only having one pimple a month is like heaven! ;p

I've got tons of hyperpigmentation and I'll be interested in seeing how using just bp in the mornings goes for you. I want to look at mineral makeup but I'm so attached to my liquid foundation because it covers so well! I don't think it breaks me out though so it's not too much problem. (:

Hope you continue seeing a positive change in your skin :D

I am still mostly attatched to my liquid foundation too, I looooove the coverage, and i'm used to using it anyway. I spoke too soon and got a big pimple on my left cheek, but it is a new month, so hopefully not too many breakouts this month. I'm still doing the bp twice a day since I had a new breakout, seems like when I try to change up my routine it doesn't work out. I got a new moisturizer with aha, so I'm going to see how that goes!

I am still mostly attatched to my liquid foundation too, I looooove the coverage, and i'm used to using it anyway. I spoke too soon and got a big pimple on my left cheek, but it is a new month, so hopefully not too many breakouts this month. I'm still doing the bp twice a day since I had a new breakout, seems like when I try to change up my routine it doesn't work out. I got a new moisturizer with aha, so I'm going to see how that goes!

What liquid foundation do you use? I'm always on hunt for something that will cover the red marks without breaking me out. Right now I use Almay Clear Complexion to cover the marks but the marks cover a wide area and I don't like using concealer practically as foundation! My marks are very similar to yours.

I tried Revlon Colorstay once because people here rave about it and it broke me out horribly and left me with a fresh new batch of red marks. :/ Turns out it has sodium chloride (salt) which is VERY comedogenic. Sigh.

Edited by starlys

Just thought I'd join in here ha! I use Maybelline 24 hour super stay foundation which covers my red marks really well and doesn't break me out. However rather than smoothing it over my face I find it better to dot it on my face where needed and then sort of pat it in until it looks even :) because rubbing on the regimen just causes flakiness on me!