Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
david30

Using Differin .1 and curious about .3

I have been using differin .1 for around 8 months now, and use it religiously every night. I also use duac in the morning sometimes and as a spot treatment.

Originally I was prescribed the .3 but I came to realize the .1 was the only generic gel offered. My skin is doing ok, but not perfect or clear. I still have the .3 prescription, and wondering if people think there would be an improvement in switching.

Basically, is it worth upgrading to the .3 gel??

thanks in advance,

David 30

Edited by david30

I only ever used the .1 gel, but my experience with Differin was only so-so. It, in combination with Doxy, got my acne down from moderate to mild, but did little after that point. It has been a couple years since I used either product, and while I've found something more suited to my skin...I think the danger with a higher percentage of Differin is that you might have a period of time where your skin will need to readjust. Just be prepared for that if you do decide to give the other level a try. =)