Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Uberpie

Usage of Coconut Oil!

I started using coconut oil(internally as well as externally) a few days ago because I heard it's so good for dry skin and its also supposed to reduce acne... I must say it really has made my dry skin into smooth and yummi skin. But I have noticed an increased amount of whiteheads on my forehead and chin, some say it's because the coconut oil is pulling out all the bacteria, which I hope is right... Now if any of you have had any positive or negative results with coconut oil please let me know! =)

Also let me know just about how much time it took for you to get results if you had any.

Hope to hear from ya!

I wouldn't recommend putting it on the face.

It seems to either break people out or, more commonly, dry their skin out after using it for a while for some reason.

It's absolutely wonderful for internal use though.

Edited by chunkylard

I'd wish acne wasn't so complicated =/

As to using it on my face, I wonder if my skin will stay moisterized if I just keep taking it internally. I'd hate to go back to my dry skin.

I love coconut oil for my hair, but I wouldn't use it on my face. It got rated 4 out of 5 on the comedogenicity scale on the zerozoits website, so even though I've also read it's good for acne, I think it's best left for body, hair, and eating (yum).