Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest KVN23

HEALING THROUGH SPIRITUALITY

Guest KVN23

I have been struggling with acne for a very long time. Sound familiar to anyone? Years of failed regimens left me feeling hopeless and depressed. Why am I cursed with such a wicked disease? I will never accept acne.

However, a recent life-changing experience has opened my eyes to the power of human consciousness. Having adopted the belief that all illness originates in the mind, I am taking a spiritual approach to curing my depression, my anxiety, AND my acne.

I do not believe that I will one day wake up with clear skin. That is not my goal. My goal is a sustainable improvement in my quality of life through spiritual practices and the power of positive thinking. This log will help me keep a clear mind and track my progress.

Any and all feedback is appreciated! Will update later with pictures and skincare regimen.

ive dont the same thing- although I am taking Claravis and decided I cannot let my acne take over- I quit smoking too- due to the medication im taking i am more awre of what i am feeding my body- I have also been seeking spiritual guidance and have been taking spiritual baths- lighting candles etc and am looking forward towards my future.

Guest KVN23

I have yet to put any of my plans into action, but as of now my skin is going crazy. However, I'm trying to keep a positive attitude. What I really need is time to sit down and create a plan. I want to start meditation, research spiritual practices (mainly Shamanic and Buddhist), eat a much healthier diet, and work on becoming an overall better person. Any tips?

How will this affect my skin? Well, it may not. It will, however, help me to accept that which is out of my control and change that which is changeable. But I truly believe that good karma is coming my way to heal my mental and physical illnesses.

Edited by KVN23

Guest KVN23
ive dont the same thing- although I am taking Claravis and decided I cannot let my acne take over- I quit smoking too- due to the medication im taking i am more awre of what i am feeding my body- I have also been seeking spiritual guidance and have been taking spiritual baths- lighting candles etc and am looking forward towards my future.

Congratulations on quitting smoking! I've watched family members struggle with cigarette addictions for my entire life and have enormous respect for anyone with the mental and physical willpower to break the habit.

"recent life-changing experience"

sounds like someone tried some sort of psychadelic. ;)

Hahah only someone who has tried psychedelics themselves would be able to figure that out! But yes, my realizations came after an amazing Magic Mushroom trip. Since then I have become a huge fan and have gone on to experiment with other psychedelics. PM me if you want to discuss this further! It's always nice to talk to someone who knows how the psychedelic mind works. ;)

**DISCLAIMER** The information in this log is in no way intended to promote the use of illegal substances. Any claims to use of illegal substances in this log may or may not be fictional. :D

Edited by KVN23

Guest KVN23

Still haven't started lol.

But I was browsing the forum today and found an interesting thread titled "The real cause and cure for chronic acne; why none of us will ever be healed by Western medical science." You can read it in the adult acne forum (although I'm not an adult.. not sure why I was in the adult acne forum :shrug: ).

http:// www .acne.org/ messageboard/real-cure-chronic-acn-t302212.html

*Remove the spaces. It's very annoying not being able to post links :snooty:

This poster (Urban Monk) basically summed up the approach I plan on taking to cure my acne. I suggest reading it with an open mind! Who's to say it's not the truth?

Emotional stress is very toxic to the body; much more toxic than anything you could eat, drink, smoke, snort or even shoot (exept for lethal poisons ofcourse)!

Just do some research on how stress can affect the entire body, including hormonal balance and digestion, and you'll realize that diet is insiginificant to your skin as compared to stress levels (excluding any pre-existing allergies).

Feel your body, feel your emotions, feel your heartbeat, be aware of your breathing, and you'll probably find out that you are very stressed out! What you really need is to chill out and relax, accept yourself as you are right now.

Edited by KVN23

Guest KVN23

My recent experimentation with psychedelics is what lead me to Shamanism. I took particular interest in María Sabina, the first native shaman to guide Westerners through the valeda.

The valeda is a healing vigil in which participants partake of the psilocybin mushroom as a sacrament to open the gates of the mind. Sabina would refer to the mushroom as the Holy Children.
Edited by KVN23

Good luck, I think you are right about it being a mind game for some people. I have clear skin and I am a very positive person, but I also know people with acne feel bad and act different around people, almost like they want to avoid people and that makes it worse probably. I think with positivity comes more friendliness. I think people that have acne need to be more positive, I recently met two girls that had it and one was a major bitch and the other one was major dodgy. What do you use on your skin and what is your condition? severe, moderate or mild?

I don't think one can become a shaman over night, it doesn't work like that. But I think you can do things to make yourself more confident and feel more positive. Everyone likes someone positive, even if that means the person has acne. Only assholes treat people with acne bad. Some of my friends when I was younger use to laugh at people with it and I always told them to STFU cuz it isn't their fault. It's like making fun of someone with cancer, it's just immature and coquettish.

I recommend reading R.A.W's Prometheus Rising.

It has exercises after each chapter so you can actually apply what you learn. The exercises in the first chapter alone should allegedly be done over the course of a year.

If cancer patients can induce spontaneous remission, then acne sufferers can as well.

We all know it won't happen over night, but that doesn't mean it's not working. To assume that would be to accept an illusion caused by our short-term perception.

My recent experimentation with psychedelics is what lead me to Shamanism. I took particular interest in María Sabina, the first native shaman to guide Westerners through the valeda.

The valeda is a healing vigil in which participants partake of the psilocybin mushroom as a sacrament to open the gates of the mind. Sabina would refer to the mushroom as the Holy Children.

Shamans are said to treat ailments and illnesses by mending the soul. However, before they can heal others, they themselves must overcome suffering. This is known as the Wounded Healer.

The shaman must become sick to understand sickness. When the shaman overcomes his or her own sickness, they will hold the cure to heal all that suffer.

If I am able to overcome my sicknesses (both physical and mental) through spirituality, I hope to be able to inspire others to do the same.

In recent days I have made a conscious effort to remain positive. I can honestly say that my skin is calming down. I have an isolated breakout on my right cheek (this always happens, always in the exact same spot..) but it is fading. My forehead has stopped breaking out but I still have a few whiteheads that have yet to heal. My skin is oily, so I use blotting papers throughout the day and try to keep my skin moisturized by drinking water and using my Aveeno moisturizer.

Yesterday I found out that someone I know, but am not necessarily friends with, was in a car accident. They are currently in critical condition at the hospital, and their passenger passed away late last night. I woke up this morning more thankful than ever to be alive. So what if I have acne? I can't believe that I have let some red bumps on my face hold me back from living my life.

I'm alive; that alone should be enough to be happy.

Why dont you try a spiritual fast? I am doing that right now and im on day 6.. It can be very beneficial for you spirit and you skin/digestive system. Books I reccomend for a spiritual uplifting is anything by Paramahansa Yogananda and Eckhart Tolles Awakening to your lifes purpose. Since I started the fast my skin is detoxing some old toxins but over all it I feel it's healing better. You should also look into kundalini yoga for spiritual healing and chakra balancing.