Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
overkamp

Glycolic Acid Peel Aftermath - Please Help

This is the 2nd time I went to this facial place to do a 50% Glycolic Acid Milk Peel (4% Salicyclic acid and 10% Lactic acid). The first time was completely fine, nothing bad happened. But this time I used Epiduo acne cream on parts of face with acne up until the day I went to do my second peel. The parts of my face where I had Epiduo on burned badly. After the treatment the parts of my face was red and within 2 hours a soft scab has formed but it kept oozing slowly some yellow, orangy liquid until night time (I did the peel at 2pm). I washed my face with Sebamed and did not put any cream on.

This is now two days since I did the peel and I still feel it stinging right after I wash my face with water (the stinging sensation goes away after a couple of minutes). The scab still feels thin, not the type of scab I get when I get a cut. Is this normal? How long until the scabs fall off? Will there be permanent scarring? Should I still wash it with Sebamed or just wash with water only?

PLEASE HELP!