Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
needinghelp

I can't believe I was almost too stupid to try this...

The phrase 'tho does protest too much' springs to mind...

The so-called Dr Neal's marketing techinques are as transparent as they are pathetic.

???

Can't a person review a product without someone such as yourself thinking I work for Dr. Neal??? Check my history on this site and it will confirm that for you.

Word of mouth is the best form of advertising, and as a very happy client, that's what I have done for the products I'm using. Not much different than anyone else on these boards. I seriously don't get why so many people are so bitter about this particular line of products. IF THEY OFFEND YOU, DON'T TRY THEM.

I have indeed been through your posts and it’s not the first time you've been spamming. Back in May you started three identical posts in separate forums spamming the ‘Own’ brand, which ended up been locked by the moderators. Now it seems Dr Neal is your latest client.

I mean, if your going to put up fake reviews you could at least try and make them look convincing, as it is your post is such blatant marketing hype its almost funny. One tip; starting off your posts desperately trying to convince us that your ‘just one of us’ screams out to everybody that your not. And could you not even find a picture of someone who looks like the 31 year old you claim to be; that girl in the photo can’t be more than 21!?

Of course, it would be much more preferable if you just stopped this behaviour all together and quite spamming. There are plenty of legitimate places to exercise your marketing skills; acne.org is not one of them.

LOL!!!! I'm actually going to take your last post as a total and complete compliment!! 21!! ROFL. The "girl" in all those photos are ME, and I am 31. I am NOT a marketer, I am a singer/songwriter and live in the mountains in CA!

And to set the record straight, I NEVER spammed for anybody, and especially not OWN. I simply started threads to ask if anyone had tried that line of products. (the only reason the moderators locked one of my posts is because I made two identical posts on the same subject on different threads... didn't know at the time not to do that)...

If you'll read ALL posts made by me, you'll notice I never had a good thing to say about OWN, and in fact have stated that it totally screwed up my skin and took me from bad to worse. How is that spamming, exactly? Is that no different than what anyone does here when they say "clean and clear worked for me" and "clearasil didn't help me"... etc., etc.... aren't we all trying to discover what works for us? Why is it that when someone finds a product that's helping them, people like yourself get hyper-skeptical and call that spamming?

In any case, I will not reply to any more of your threads, because you have made SOOO many incorrect assumptions and clearly are not hear to discover info or be helped by other acne suffers. Do us both a favor and quit wasting yours and my time. 21!! I'm still ROFL. I'm a 31 yo musician with an amazing husband and 2 yo daughter. But thanks for the laugh.

_DSC0908cropsm.jpg

Edited by needinghelp

Any improvements?

Hello! Yes... Tons more improvement. So much so, I have totally neglected logging on here like I used to! I am down to my last three small active pimples (running their course and all), with no new pimples in over a week (that's huge for me... prior to beginning the AcnePractice, I was getting several new, painful, large bumps every single day). I would take pics right now and post, but it's dark out and I hate using the flash. But I guess it's time to repost pics since things are looking so great! And I've finally found the perfect regimen for me and have settled on which of the AcnePractice's products work for me, so in the near future I'll take the time to write that out for everyone, and list ingredients and such. But I really couldn't be more pleased and can't say how awesome it is to have clear, smooth skin without the painful bumps I battled for so long! :>)

I think your progress looks amazing!

Thank you!! I am so thrilled! I've always resorted to medication in the past when my skin got as bad as it was in my initial pics posted... This is the first time I've been able to achieve clear skin without meds, which makes me that much more happy!

How the hell can anyone believe this shit? She says she's not going to spend the time to type out the ingredients, but instead posts a god damn novel defending this transparent dirt-bag Neal. Amazing. Every progress picture she takes has higher contrast than the last (see picture:http://i.imgur.com/3hmxr.png). Again, amazing.

Edited by Jaerid

How the hell can anyone believe this shit? She says she's not going to spend the time to type out the ingredients, but instead posts a god damn novel defending this transparent dirt-bag Neal. Amazing. Every progress picture she takes has higher contrast than the last (see picture:http://i.imgur.com/3hmxr.png). Again, amazing.

I wouldn't want to sit here either and list every ingredient to a regimen I'm using. But I do agree about the pictures. Even after that I do see improvement and I wish she would at least post more pictures.

Hey guys.... one thing that you have to understand about TheAcnePractice.... when you order a kit, you are sent not only the kit you ordered, but you are also sent samples of all other products offered. And then the real work begins. Because this is not a "one size fits all" cure... the reality is, it's a lot of work... mixing and matching different products, observing how your skin responds, making adjustments, more skin observation, more adjusting, etc. So for those of you freaking out that I hadn't posted ingredients until now, chill out. For the past three months I was making adjustments daily or weekly, and logically, it doesn't make sense to post ingredients when I hadn't settled on the right combo of products for my skin. This post originally started as my personal journey getting clear with TheAcnePractice... so like me, you all have to wait as long as I did to hear about which products ended up working for me. Until a couple weeks ago, I was still adjusting.

Also, as stated early on in my posts, I promise to deliver the good, the bad and the ugly regarding my experience with TheAcnePractice. I do not, have not, and never will work for them. I am a real acne sufferer TRYING to be honest about this product line, but it's turned out to be quite annoying with the number of rude, cynical, suspicious, bitter people out there. Again I say, chill out. If something about my thread or experience offends you, kindly get off this page and move on with your life.

For those of you truly interested, read on.

TheAcnePractice regimen consists of three steps. All three products are "wash off" products, meaning, no topicals. I ordered the "medium" kit, so there's your point of reference of where I started. The three products/steps combine benzoyl peroxide with sulfur and other ingredients. There is no moisturizer allowed if you're truly following this "boot camp."

For the first month I tried to follow the boot camp to a T. The good news (as you can see from early pics), is that it started clearing me immediately. The bad news is, no matter what I tried, I could not get past how dry my skin was. Skipping steps, using water only, using less product for a shorter period of time, etc... I played with all the different suggestions made to me by Dr. Neal.

That's when my exit from the true bootcamp began, because I HAD to use a moisturizer. So... in the end, after more tweaking of my regimen, what I've settled on is (weirdly), a combination of using one of TheAcnePractice's products, combined with the DKR found here. Keep in mind that I had been on DKR for years, and the pics I showed you in my first post what how bad my skin was, even on DKR. There is definitely something very powerful about TheAcnePractice products, even though I personally couldn't remain on their bootcamp.

My regimen:

• Wash with TheAcnePractice Medium Acne Cleanser

• (for those wanting ingredients, this is a 5% BP wash, which also includes great burdock, eryslmum, citric acid, glycolic acid, and zinc. Inactive ingredients are water, ammonium laryl sulfate, disodium cocoamphodacetate, butylene glycol, carbomer, polysorbate-20, sodium hydrocide, caprylyl gycol, potassium sorbate, chloroxylenol, fragrance, glycerin, sclerotium gum, sisymbrium officinate extract, arclium lappa root extract, citric acid, glycolic acid, zinc pca.)

• Moisturize with Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture for Sensitive Skin

• Use Small Amount of Dan's BP

• (I also use a small amount of TheAcnePractice's step 2 to spot treat bumps, if I have any. Step 2 is a sulfur/clay-like product which is amazing, but too drying for me to wash with as bootcamp suggests)

The bottom line: I learned SO much about my skin through using the AcnePractice, including the things I was previously doing that not only wasn't helping my acne, but actually contributing to CAUSE it. That knowledge in and of itself makes the price tag worth it. Also, the product I am using (medium acne cleanser) has done amazing wonders for my skin, far beyond what I thought was possible. Seems like it has just the right combo of powerful ingredients, and I have never found anything like it (yes, I've tried all other mainstream BP washes on the market, so I know what's out there).

The Good: I'm clear!

The Bad: Bootcamp alone dried my skin beyond what I could tolerate, and for some reason, I broke out on one area of my face with tiny blackheads (an area I had never had issues with before, plus I never got blackheads before.) This is what made me incorporate Dan's BP back in... seemed to me that having a leave-on topical was something I needed, and I was right.... as soon as I started back up with a BP topical, the skin finished clearing up. (but again, I had been using Dan's BP for years prior to starting bootcamp, so it's not Dan's BP that cleared me... it was finding the exact perfect combo of products for MY skin)...

My personal verdict: TOTALLY worth every penny, because it gave me an entire tool chest of acne products to work with/experiment with. Yes, I settled on only using one of their products, but even through all the experimenting/adjusting, my skin was clearing. I went from hundreds of bumps down to just a couple, and my spots are fading away. New pics below, take today... just about three months since starting all this.

So take it for what it's worth... this is my personal experience. You can say it's not real, freak out, knock it, whatever.... but that's laughable to me as I sit here with clear skin, which is very, very REAL indeed. Best wishes to all who are looking to become clear.

100_2566SM.jpg

100_2568sm.jpg

Needinghelp, are you still taking pantothen? I want to try it. Does it work?

Results are amazing but $300 for a fash wash? LOL NO. I think I'd rather just try and find another product with the exact ingredients than spend that amount. But I'm really happy for you that it's working. I just can't get over that price.

Results are amazing but $300 for a fash wash? LOL NO. I think I'd rather just try and find another product with the exact ingredients than spend that amount. But I'm really happy for you that it's working. I just can't get over that price.

And if you find a cheaper wash that works for you... that'd be awesome! I think the AcnePractice is for people who have exhausted that search, like I had. The $265 that I spent is about so much more than just a face wash, it was about something FINALLY working, and having a dr's guidance, as well as the confidence that I can maintain this clear skin. That money bought me clear skin... doesn't so much matter which product did it. But hope your search is less expensive than mine! ;>)

I can't believe some people can be so rude and keep ranting that this is a scam. I personally don't believe you have anything to gain from telling others about how this has worked for you, I genuinely believe you just want to throw it out there in case it helps anyone else.

I think your results are awesome, it's great that something has worked for you!! I don't think the pricetag is all too ridiculous... I mean, when you think about it, we probably spend way more in a matter of a year on our skin care regimen, some aspects of which do not even work. So if you spent almost $300 and it works, well that does seem that its money well spent.

I hope your clear skin continues! And thanks for sharing, it has me very interested in these products. The videos on the site are also incredible.

LOL people pay thousands for plastic surgery, I would gladly pay 300 dollars to have my life back. You are one of the most ignorant people I've seen on these boards.

Your skin looks great I'm glad this worked for you!

Hey, it's good to see your progress!! Your skin looks FABULOUS!!! And if you're paying that much for something that is actually WORKING, then it is clearly worth every penny. I am using very expensive products now, but everyone has been complimenting how my skin is glowing!!

Congratulations girl! Keep it up! I hope your regimen continues working!

Pantothen does not work. It is overpriced and they do not honor their refund policy. Returned this product 4 weeks ago and they do not issue refunds. All emails are ignored and when they answer the phone all they do is take a message saying someone will call back. No one ever calls back. Stay clear of this company if you do not want to be RIPPED OFF11