Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
amy91

Giving a public speech when U have cystic acne.

This fall I will have to give public speeches almost every week ( i took a class speech 101). And I am pretty nervous about this. I've never been good at giving public speeches, but now I am litteraly terrified. I dont feel safe in my own skin! I don't use facial makeup either, becoz I know that its bad for my skin. But giving a speech with this face and these insecurities is also bad.

Any tips to handle this situation and feel confident?

wearing makeup just for a few hours until your speech is done can help improve your confidence which is something you need in order to make a successful speech.

And since its for a few hours, i doubt it will harm your skin.

Remember to take the makeup off throughly. :)

yes makeup is actually bad for your skin...but not so bad as you think it is, cause if it was really harmful to your skin, then most of the women in the world would have horrendous skin. putting a little bit of makeup in your face is going to help to put your confident a little bit up, and you will feel more secure. believe me is the best thing you can do right now. you either wear a little bit of makeup, or you try to have confident in your own skin. and have that speech.

Srsly don't worry about what people think. Practice your lines and deliver a good speech. Most people get stage fright doing a speech. Research your topics so that you feel confident explaining the material. If you know what you are talking about, it is easier to communicate your views and ideas. You are there for a grade! Don't allow acne to step in the way of your grade point average.

To be honest I think the best way to handle the situation is feel exactly how you feel by default. In my opinion (given as if I was the one reciting the speeches) I'd feel extremely embarrassed in the first few weeks, but then once I'd hit the worse I can feel (to the point where thinking about giving the speeches made me feel physically sick) I'd start to feel better and better. It could essentially help you find confidence - just have faith that you'll find it! I hope it all goes well!!

Edited by James Small

thank you guys for responses! I guess it's a wonderful feeling when you accept yourself the way you are and you don't give a damn what other pple think about you.

Edited by amy91

Exactly, I’m sure if your passionate about what you’ll be talking about it… will be a breeze. You mentioned giving speeches almost every week. That’s solid. Hopefully you don’t lose your focus :):blink: . Good luck