Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
determined2bclear

Olay PRO X BRUSH CAUSING BREAKOUTS?

Hey guys so I've been on the acne.org regimen for a year and 3 months and I was consistently clear up until about two months ago. I started breaking out in tiny bumps on my cheeks so I figured I would buy the olay pro x brush. A day after I started using it I noticed some new bumps on my chin and its now my 5th day of using it and I have tiny pimples all over my cheeks and chin.

Could the brush have caused this or is it just purging?

I don't feel like it irritates my skin but its the only new thing I've added to my skincare/makeup regimen.

Should I wait it out or just stop using it all together?!

HELP PLEASE!

hi, i haven't tried the Olay Pro X brush but I do have a Clarisonic Mia.

the same thing happened to me, the first couple of days I noticed some small new pimples coming up, then after like 2 weeks they stopped

i now use it 2 times a day and it works really great and i haven't noticed any more serious breakouts, just the occasional pimple that pops up here and there

i think it may be purging because when i first started to use a facial steamer the same thing happened and then after a few tries it didn't

just be sure to always rinse the brush head clean after you use it every single time and to clean it once a week with antibacterial soap

also read how long you should use it before you replace it, Clarasonic is 3-4 months, I heard Olay is 1-2 months