Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MasterrrLynn

Oral/Maxillofacial Surgery W/Accutane

I'm currently on my supposively last month of accutane, then stopping for a month. My next appointement is scheduled for October 26th 2011 to see if I must continue the accutane treatement longer.

The problem is, I'm supposed to be receiving both Oral and Maxillofacial surgery. I need these surgeries because my Jaw is crooked and one is not developed, causing me pain while eating and other activities using my mouth area.

I'm not sure if I'm aloud to be on accutane while going through these surgeries, and I want the surgery BEFORE October 26th, meaning I wont get to talk to my doctor about it.

I haven't had any side effects with accutane; my skin is still oily, but my acne is pretty much gone (except scars from before accutane). The only problem I've had is the constant need of chapstick.

My question is; Can I undergo these surgeries safely without waiting 6 months first or talking with my dr. ?

No, you cannot do these surgeries safely. You must talk to both doctors about being on Accutane and the surgeries. If you don't, you're hurting yourself and even the outcome of the surgery...

No, you cannot do these surgeries safely. You must talk to both doctors about being on Accutane and the surgeries. If you don't, you're hurting yourself and even the outcome of the surgery...

Soo, if I wait till the 26th of October and speak with my dr., I should be ohkay with the surgery if given the thumbs up?

Nope. Call your doctors ASAP. Don't wait. You might have to go off Accutane for longer or postpone the surgery.