Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
IamfinallyCLEARandHAPPY

Dans Regimen Ruined My Life.

I used to have moderate stubborn persistant teenage acne. 15 years old, girl.

I heard about DKR's regimen and i was super excited, thinking this would take my acne away. I made a pact to myself that when i'm done with the treatment I would send him a personal thank-you testimonal....Boy was I wrong!!

The first 3-4 weeks were brutal, going to school with a dangerously sunburned looking face with dozens of redmarks, flakey skin...Were the worst weeks of my life by a long run.

I was dedicated to this regimen, followed the little instructions word by word. Weeks went by, the first just about killed me, yet I still remained loyal to the regimen, but I had to quit 11 weeks later, sort of happy that I had 0 pimples, but I could not deal with the effects of this damn BP and facial wash. I literally tried every combination with this regimen, less bp for a few weeks, more bp for a few weeks, once a dap applying the bp, etc....and the list goes on.

The bP not only made my redmarks look waay more pronounced, but I was limited to the amount of time i could spend in the sun by the BP, I still remained flakey, and my face looked sunburnt all the time.. Yet I was only 15, and my face had fucking WRINKLES and looked like leather or some sort of animal skin texture being on DKR for all those months. But I had no acne. Yet It wasn't worth it. So the day I stopped the regimen all together, my face broke out horribly, I then was suicidal and felt the worst I ever had.. but something saved me. And that was Accutane. Accutane has given me my life and confidence back. On Accutane, the sideeffects are highly misunderstood, please research more into it people. I started Accutane and the first month i was clear, I was dry, but it wasn't near the amount as it was when i was on DKR.. On Accutane my redmarks faded so much more faster, my face wasn't inflamed and red, and I feel good most importantly.

I feel like DKR made me stronger in a way, by me being at my lowest, but Accutane picking me up and bringing me back to confidence.

I just want to warn you. DKR might work for you, but this website is obviously for marketing his products. And your just stupid if you don't think so. Unless you want to spend the rest of your acne-age life slobbing on BP and moisterizer, you're going to have to take a stronger approach to completly clear acne and shrink your oil glands (Accutane.) You make the choice :confused:

Please please please i am begging you please don't go on the regimen, please please please dont, i am warning you, PLEASE DONT I DONT WANT YOU TO GO THROUGH THE LIVING HELL THAT I ONCE WENT THROUGH. if i can atleast save ONE person, it would all be worth it.

Edited by iwantobeclearnow

Maybe the regimen didn't work for you, but have you read the Success Stories page? It has worked for so many more people.

One disatisfied customer isn't gonna change anything, there's always someone who doesn't like a certain product. Always.

And about the marketing, do you even see a big sign saying "Buy Dan's products!" ? No all he does is offer you the option of using them, on the finding products page he gives you recommendations on drugstore products to use, so he barely advertises his products. This website is basically about helping people conquer acne. And giving advice, recommendations on products, only a little part of it advertises his products.

And when you said do you want to keep slabbing Bp and moisturizer on all you acne-life, so what once you go on Accutane you pores will magically disappear, and you won't have dry skin, and you won't have pimples for the rest of your life ? Once you stop taking Accutane, it's all probably gonna come right back. Honey, you're gonna be on Accutane the rest of your life. It's the same as if you stop the regimen drastically, your acne will probably come back.

Just because it didn't work for you, don't tell people off of it. It's at least worth a try.

i'm just warning people and telling my story. i was just extremley dissatisfied with this product and was loyal to it for 2 months, just wanting to get MY story out there..

It wrecked my skin as well. however,proactiv helped me and many people dislike it-everyones skin is different. Many people have gotten clear with dans regimen. I disagree with the above poster telling you accutane will only work while you are on it. Yes, acne MAY come back..but I've known many people who take it once and many years later still have flawless skin.I hope it works for you :angel:

I'm sorry to hear your experience with the Regimen wasn't good, although it did appear to work well and cleared up your acne, the side effects were what was unbearable for you. I'm glad to hear that Accutane worked well for you. Congrats!

Keep in mind that Accutane is not a cure. While it may provide some long term remission of acne, the acne does often return. Just some food for thought. I also cleared up miraculously with Accutane and within two years the oil and acne returned.

Regardless, it's worth a try for many people and for some the results do last for a much longer time. Hopefully you will be one of the lucky ones who do get long term results from Accutane. I wouldn't discourage someone else from trying something just because it didn't work for me in the long run.

Coming here to share your story and experience with the Regimen is one thing, but insisting that no one should ever try the Regimen is taking it a bit too far. It works very well for many people and not everyone experiences the level of side effects that you did. I completely understand your frustration, but the results and success stories speak for themselves. Hundreds of people have had very good results with the Regimen.

Best to you and your continued success from Accutane.

BP products will ruin my skin too.

And, a lot of acne products are drying and damaging to the skin (BP, Accutane) -- kind of scary to think about those wrinkles that will creep up on long time users.

Guest Timehealsall

just curious, but how did it ruin your life? i don't see any permanent damage from the regimen?

how long were you on tane for? seems like it worked well

OP you are only 15, so you have plenty of time to turn around your ruined life. Your skin renews roughly every four weeks, so if Dan's regimen didn't work for you it shouldn't be too long before you see changes. At least you tried it and as it didn't work, now you can try something else. That's what most people have to do - find something that works for them. The things that don't work for you are not automatically bad for everyone else.

When you are older you'll have a better perspective of what a ruined life might be too. Your post does come over as a bit over dramatic.

Yeah, I can absolutely understand your situation cuz I experienced some of the side effects you did. But remember also many people are complaining about Accutane's many side effects.

For me, the regimen worked but in cold winters it's just way too harsh on the skin. My face broke out like crazy during winter - the regimen really is not a permanent. Accutane on the other hand causes complete remission in AT LEAST 75% of users, and most of the 25% has complete remission after a second course...and they aren't taking the drug after the course while for the regimen you have to keep doing it. Whoever said acne will probably come back after accutane is wrong...

BP is pretty strong stuff and also gave my skin weird texture, like i was old lol. If it works for you though I don't blame you for continuing though, I had no complaints about it when it worked for me. But if it's not working well, do you want to keep applying this stuff for a bunch of years?? Accutane is the silver bullet take one 4-6 month course and you probably will have long-term remission.

And Dan does use the regimen...but remember he took accutane in the past. There is a good chance that accutane took away the worst of the acne, and he is only keeping minor breakouts leftover with his regimen (if he even uses it :P). His opinion will always be biased anyways since he is profiting from the regimen...It's not fair that its not made clear for many people interested in the regimen that he used accutane before.

Read this carefully:http://dermatology.jwatch.org/cgi/content/full/2006/425/1.

Edited by Cooool

You were on the regimen for 2 months? Not that you would go back onto it, but 2 months is still extremely new to the regimen. I had horribly red, flaky skin up until my 4th month. From a lifetime of not applying any products to applying a strong BP twice a day...yeah it's going to take time. Dan's regimen is not for everyone, but to say that this site is only for marketing his products is somewhat ignorant. I view this site as a place where people can come together with their problems. You have people discussing health and diet issues, accutane logs, etc, etc. It's not just Dan saying "hey, listen...buy my products. Now."

Accutane may have worked for you, but like the regimen, it's not for everyone. I, personally, would never take accutane..even if you paid me. I don't like taking medications, especially one as strong as accutane. Even though you say the side effects are misunderstood, it's still a powerful drug that is pretty rough on the body system. My brother is an RN and was surprised when I told him that doctors were still prescribing accutane; he thought the FDA had outlawed it. You can't get pregnant while taking this drug because it is so strong. If I'm not mistaken, you have to take two forms of birth control just to avoid the incidence of pregnancy. If accutane can damage a fetus so horribly, what is it doing to our bodies? Take a look at this site: here.

If accutane is working for you, more power to you. But you shouldn't shoot down the idea of starting the regimen for people who could truly benefit from it. I've been using it for 5 years and I don't look like some wrinkled-up old person. The right moisturizer and some patience and time makes all the difference. Maybe if more people would give the regimen time, it would work for many more people than it already has.

im grateful for dan and his regimen. i remember back before i discoevered website how itd be soo good to have someone to talk to about acne and experiences and bad feelings. the website has literally saved me trust me you cant imgaine how happy i was when i discovered this website and communtity.

though im sick of the regimen too, im grateful for dan for giving me the opportunity to use his products and its whats kept me sane when ive breen breaking out, its also worked better than everything i have ever tried and trust me i have tried and ridiculously amount of topicals etc etc

though im jelouse that youve been cleared with accutane (because i want to go on it too and my derm has refused 4 times before) the next best thing is dans regimen, so be grateful for dan and his regimen too!!!

BP has definitely helped me clear up my cheeks, which are my main problem area. However, I think if I put BP on my upperlip, my nose, and the right below the eye next the nose, it causes me to breakout in whiteheads. Sometimes these whiteheads will explode into giant cystic acne.

BP has pretty done it's job, and cleared up my cheeks, but now I'm just going to continue washing my face with dan's cleanser (best i've ever used) and taking doryx (doxycycline).