Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi Everyone.

So here is my story. I am 19 years old. I had a few pimples here and there back when I was 13,14, and then the beginning of my sophomore year of high school I got pretty terrible acne (not severe, but moderate for sure). A lot of pustules on the sides of my face- they were small and very dry, but definitely noticeable. I was put on Doxycycline (sp?) 100mg by a dermatologist, and it cleared away the pustules. I've been on the doxy ever since then (for about 4 years now). Now I've begun getting these pustules again on the sides of my face- not a ton but maybe 6-7 on each side (they are all small), but it is frustrating and they look gross. I also have and continue to get a lot of blackheads in my cheeks. Right now I take the doxy and just use a general BP topical at night. I wash with a generic salicylic acid face wash. My skin is usually pretty dry from the BP. Do you guys have any suggestions- mainly on the pustules, but also for the blackheads. I would say I have mild acne, nothing too bad, but it has been like this for a while and I would like to see it improve.

Edited by The Boss

Hi Everyone.

So here is my story. I am 19 years old. I had a few pimples here and there back when I was 13,14, and then the beginning of my sophomore year of high school I got pretty terrible acne (not severe, but moderate for sure). A lot of pustules on the sides of my face- they were small and very dry, but definitely noticeable. I was put on Doxycycline (sp?) 100mg by a dermatologist, and it cleared away the pustules. I've been on the doxy ever since then (for about 4 years now). Now I've begun getting these pustules again on the sides of my face- not a ton but maybe 6-7 on each side (they are all small), but it is frustrating and they look gross. I also have and continue to get a lot of blackheads in my cheeks. Right now I take the doxy and just use a general BP topical at night. I wash with a generic salicylic acid face wash. My skin is usually pretty dry from the BP. Do you guys have any suggestions- mainly on the pustules, but also for the blackheads. I would say I have mild acne, nothing too bad, but it has been like this for a while and I would like to see it improve.

Well, I've acne since elementary. Hit puberty when I was 9, so you can only imagine how sick my face was. But just this year, (I'm 25 now) I've decided to do something about my acne and scars. The beginning of the year, I was prescribed minocycline 100mg twice daily along with using (Benzaclin)=5% benzoyl peroxide and 1% clindamycin. 50g jar lasted me about 6 months. And I've been acne free. I only had 2 months of the minocycline but I'm maintaining my acne from breaking out with the gel. I'm actually currently having Fraxel laser done and just got my 4th procedure done today. I'm so glad I'm finally doing something about my face. Don't wait til ur my age to do something. You are taking all the right steps by seeking help for you. But, you have to remember that what works for someone else, might not work for you. Always speak to your dermatologist before trying something new.

Edited by Animay