Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
theoceanthesky

18 year old- acne for ~6 years now

I am 18 and am currently taking tetracycline 500mg once a day, using clindomycin gel in the morning, and tazorac gel at night. I've tried a ton of products including Duac gel, retina gel, doryx antibiotics, etc, and I never really see any results. I grow hair on my face extremely fast and shaving daily makes my skin hurt and it just causes more acne.

What type of acne do I have? Would it be characterized as Moderate or Severe?

Thank you

post-156995-1314331355_thumb.jpg

post-156995-1314331364_thumb.jpg

post-156995-1314331355_thumb.jpg

post-156995-1314331364_thumb.jpg

Edited by theoceanthesky

I would say it is on the very low end of moderate. None the less, I know it sucks a lot. I use to have very bad acne, about 10x worse than that. Now my acne is slightly better than yours, yet it still bothers me the same amount. The thing I did to improve my acne was to make a photo log, so I could see if my skin was improving based off of things that I did. The things that helped me the most were adding a shower filter to get rid of chlorine and other contaminants, drink atleast two liters of water everyday, and make sure I get my blood circulating throughtout the day by walking, exercising, sports, etc. Antibiotics are the devil, lol. I had very bad acne, and I never once went to touch those things. Now I'm almost clear. Since your already on antibiotics, try some of my suggestions and others things that just seem like a healthy choice and then get off of the antibiotics if you can. Good luck :-)

I can assure you all it looks much, much worse in person. =/

Yeah maybe the red spots, but from the looks of your pics you have little to no active pimples. It's very mild looking acne.

it doesn't look too bad. If you go to my fb page The Underground Ferris Wheel (like my page) and convo me with your address, I'll send you a free sample of something that won't make you feel nauseous all the time. :P I sell herbal acne treatments and they really work or I wouldn't waste my time giving out tons of free samples ;)

-Shelley

Its moderate...Because its inflammatory and you have a number of lesions but they seem to be mainly to be papules? You don't seem to have cysts or nodules?

Guest Timehealsall

how long were you on the doxycycline (dorxy) for?

What is your system for washing morning and night? Because seriously, you don't have bad acne, that's incredibly mild.

You might want to consider using something to take down the red marks, I know people on here talk about some sort of honey, I find sudocreme works ok. That would probably make you feel better.

Personally I think with a good skin care regime, you wouldnt have a problem

What is your system for washing morning and night? Because seriously, you don't have bad acne, that's incredibly mild.

You might want to consider using something to take down the red marks, I know people on here talk about some sort of honey, I find sudocreme works ok. That would probably make you feel better.

Personally I think with a good skin care regime, you wouldnt have a problem

Honestly I don't wash with anything but warm/cold water. Any cleanser irritates my skin. What do you recommend?

Current routine is:

Erythromycin tablets, 400 MG , 3x a day

Tazorac gel at night

People on these boards use all sorts of cleansers, I seem to have fairly resilient and thick skin, so nothing I use would be suitable. Try looking for washes for sensitive skin, have a look on the store regimen supply boards and keep an eye out on peoples signatures. I'm also from the UK, so I'm not sure what would be available in the US. There is also a thread or sticky that lists ingredients you should avoid, always check for alcohol, thats never good.

Might be worth looking at the rosacea board too, as you might have something similar (it's hard to tell, only you would probably be able to judge).

This might be a useful topic to keep an eye on: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php/topic/311461-need-an-extremely-gentle-slsparabengluten-free-cleanser-help/

I find the 'simple' brand has some good stuff, but again, I don't know if thats just in the UK

Oh and I totally forgot to mention that if you do use a cleanser you should moisturise, just make sure it's oil free. I use a simple moisturiser.

If it's actually more like rosacea then a moisturiser would def help!

it doesn't look too bad. If you go to my fb page The Underground Ferris Wheel (like my page) and convo me with your address, I'll send you a free sample of something that won't make you feel nauseous all the time. tongue.gif I sell herbal acne treatments and they really work or I wouldn't waste my time giving out tons of free samples wink.gif

-Shelley

Why this person isn't banned yet? Lol , trying to help people with acne.. you're just advertising There's no way to make cystic disappear in 2 days and white head in 7-8 hours.

My skin looks worse ::) you should be fine.