Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mithcol

7 years, what to do

Hi everyone, Im new to these forums. I came here in hope to gain advice on my acne situation, Im 22 years old and I've had mild acne in the temple areas of my face since I was 16. The reason Im worrying now is it is beginning to spread onto my forehead and Im taking this as a sign to get serious about a cure. In the past 7 years Ive tried countless products and cosmetologists on and off and although it has helped temporarily nothing has ever helped long term.

Ive also heard that I have weak or 'sick' kidneys and not a very good digestive system, if this is somehow related I would greatly appreciate advice on what to do. I will provide any other information that is necessary. At this point I'm willing to do anything and all advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank You.

Leo

Edited by mithcol

Hi everyone, Im new to these forums. I came here in hope to gain advice on my acne situation, Im 22 years old and I've had mild acne in the temple areas of my face since I was 16. The reason Im worrying now is it is beginning to spread onto my forehead and Im taking this as a sign to get serious about a cure. In the past 7 years Ive tried countless products and cosmetologists on and off and although it has helped temporarily nothing has ever helped long term.

Ive also heard that I have weak or 'sick' kidneys and not a very good digestive system, if this is somehow related I would greatly appreciate advice on what to do. I will provide any other information that is necessary. At this point I'm willing to do anything and all advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank You.

Leo

Well I've got it in the *exact* same areas, it tends to be around my temples and then if its particularly bad itll spread to my forhead area(none on my cheeks/chin or anywhere else though). Unfortunately if its the same as me, then its hormonal and the only thing that will really work is antibiotics or accutane. I've tried literally everything else and to be frank its not worth altering my entire life for it. Antibiotics help a hell of a lot and Retin A itself hasn't done much for me(although my skin heals much faster, which i'm suspecting thats helping with!). Cometologists might know about make up or what eye shadows suit your or something like that but your best bet is a dermatologist, that or live with it. I've found that it will come and go in cycles and thats the best thing you can do if you don't have access to a derm. Good luck!