Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AimtogetRid

Dr. Dunbrow's Acne Cure

Has anyone had breakouts after following the cure after the 6 weeks? I'm thinking since I didn't use the ice cube/ice packs every night my skin was not completely 'cured'. I'm back to using the ice cube after the Salicylic Acid wash at night. Also, I purchased a oil-free hydrating facial mist containing NaPCA, Organic Aloe Vera, Lipoic Acid, DMAE Vitamin C Ester & Tocotrienol from NutriBiotic. These are the products Dr. Dunbrow recommends using at night after following the acne cure program. I haven't used this product every night since my skin still has one or two breakouts. Any Advice/Help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Ive recently stopped 'The acne cure' regime after 3 weeks, due to the fact im getting real flaky skin.

What i was doing was,

morning - salicylic wash, then glycolic moisturiser

evening - salicylic wass, benzoyl peroxide with ice pack

Im pretty sure i was following the regime given in the book, but obviously it wasnt for me, as im getting dried out skin and still pretty severe breakouts.

Anyway, now im trying out a much simpler regime,

morning - wash with cold water, no soap/cleanser etc.

evening - wash with cold water, ice pack

(btw, supposedly the ice pack after the benzoyl is one of the most important factors, so try doing that every night if you can!)