Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HiImMatt

Sweat. Its the sweat.

Yeah. For me its the sweat, especially when i exercise and i exercise almost everyday. And then the next day i find more acne (sigh). This happen to anyone else? How can i still exercise without breaking out the next day? I need some answer, thanks.

My acne isn't the worst case of acne my derm has ever seen, but I absolutely HATE the sweat as well. Everyone sweats, some more than others, and some people will sweat far more than you and somehow, disgustingly, have clearer skin.

My advice would be to simply mop it up with a clean towel in breaks during exercise, and to shower as soon as possible afterwards. It's the not the sweat that's harmful, it's the bacteria which festers in the sweat on your skin after exercising - the aim is to prevent bacteria from spreading, multiplying and growing.

Drink lots of water, wash as soon as possible with an antibacterial wash containing b.p. or salicylic acid (you can get washes with higher concentrations of either of those from a doctor or pharmacy) and make sure you stay clean and dry after. Wash whatever you exercise in everyday - change after exercising, change your towel, wash your body, wash your hair, wash your face. Make sure everything is clean and bacteria free.

I appreciate that it's not always possible to wash immediately after exercising, but if you're working out everyday then it should be possible nearly always.

Hope this helps :)

Yes, it is definitely an internal problem. Do you take any detox supplements to clean your blood, liver, and keep your internals healthy? Make sure your hair doesn't touch your face. What face wash do you use? I would recommend Raw African Black Soap from Ghana to wash your face with. It will help remove some of the impurities in your skin after your workout. Make sure you are drinking lots of water! Your body loses a lot after a workout.

Edited by MissMix

Yeah. For me its the sweat, especially when i exercise and i exercise almost everyday. And then the next day i find more acne (sigh). This happen to anyone else? How can i still exercise without breaking out the next day? I need some answer, thanks.

what i do is when im done excercising i use neutrogena cleansing towelettes and apply a moisturizer after and go home fast to shower and this works fine for me

I suggest you lightly wash your face as soon as your done. However, it seems weird that sweating would cause you to break out unless it was left for a long period of time. If anything sweating is another way to get rid of the toxins in your body which is only helping. Why don't you stop exercising for a few days to see if it truly makes a difference. If it does get better, could it be other things? Perhaps a protein shake, if you drink one. Or the hard water from the gym, if you are using it to wash your face because hard water and soap/cleansers don't work well together.