Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sd85

Starting Accutane!!

*****5 Days Post Tane*****

It's been 5 days since I took my last pill. I am still able to go without washing my hair for several days, but I am expecting that to change before the weekend is over. We'll see though. The spiro might have more effect than what I thought. Now that I've been on spiro for several days, I can say that I really haven't experienced any side effects.

Today was husband's Day 11. He is experiencing surprisingly few side effects. Lips are not substantially drier than normal, and there aren't any unusual breakouts. Kind of strange actually.

*****10 Days Post-Tane*****

I am still doing great. My skin has gotten a little bit more oily, but not a lot. I'm still clear as crystal. Haven't had a zit in over 2 months. So far, I am liking the Spiro. I think it is helping control the oil. I still do not have to wash my hair every day. I think I will be able to do every-other day from here on out. We'll see how things are in another week or so.

Today is husband's Day 16. His skin has actually gotten better. His face is almost entirely cleared up, and he has a few zits left on his neck and under his jaw line. I'm actually quite impressed.

*****13 Days Post Tane*****

Things are going well on the Spiro. I still have no need to wash my hair. My face, like I mentioned before, is more oily, but is still quite good. Still no zits. My lips are better, but the inside of my nose is not. It still hasn't healed up. I really can't tell what the problem is. Hopefully it will get better.

Today is my husband's Day 19. His skin is even better than before. Literally, he stopped getting zits the day after he took his first pill. I guess some people just REALLY get lucky. He still has a whole bunch of red spots under his jaw line, but I don't think he has a single active zit on his face. He has a bunch of old ones that are still hanging out on the back of his neck. I am curious to see what the doctor will think when he goes back in two weeks. I bet he hasn't seen anything like this before.

*****17 Days Post-Tane*****

I STILL have not gotten much of my oil back. I can still go several days without washing my hair. I am starting to wonder if it is ever going to come back or if this is going to be the new normal. Good news is that I'm still clear. I haven't had a zit since March.

Today is the husband's Day 23. He is still doing great and has minimal side effects. His skin is looking better every day.

Congrats on your completion!!! Exciting! I'm curious about your husbands experience, so I hope you'll keep us upated. What was his skin like prior? Where was his acne located mostly? Still no IB for him? Thanks!

Congrats on your completion!!! Exciting! I'm curious about your husbands experience, so I hope you'll keep us upated. What was his skin like prior? Where was his acne located mostly? Still no IB for him? Thanks!

His acne was on his back, neck, chest and face. He had cysts mainly, but maybe a couple regular pimples. His skin is still looking good, and no bad breakouts.

*****19 Days Post-Tane*****

Still no oil. No pimples. I'm REALLY starting to wonder when things are going to go back to normal. I don't really feel like I should still be able to go a week without washing my hair.

The husband is on Day 25 today. His improvement has slowed somewhat, but it is still much better than average. He goes to the doctor in 5 days. We'll see what they have to say.

*****28 Days Post Tane*****

I'm still clear and I still don't have to wash my hair. I'm quite surprised. I figured the pre-accutane oil would have returned by now, but it hasn't.

Today my husband is on Day 34. His progress has slowed, but he's still breaking out FAR less than normal. The dermatologist gave him another month of 60mg/day.

*****34 Days Post-Tane*****

I think I may have gotten a little bit of my oil back. The other day I looked in the mirror and it had been two days since I washed my hair. It appeared like it may have been getting dirty, so I washed it. I'm not entirely sure it was really dirty or not, but we'll see what happens in the next couple of weeks.

Today the husband is on Day 40. His skin is still looking fairly good although very dry around the mouth. He's not 100% clear yet, but he is getting there. He's gotten a few cysts on his neck, but that's about it. We're going to Florida in a week. Good news is he has clear skin. Bad news is he can't be out in the sun. I'm not sure how that's going to work. We're planning to go fishing one day and down to key west another day. He'll definitely wear sunscreen, but......yeah.

*****39 Days Post Tane*****

So, the oil is definitely starting to come back. It's been two days, and my hair is definitely dirty. My skin is still 100% clear though.

Today the husband is on Day 45. His skin is still doing quite well. It seems like his side effects have eased up as his skin is no longer as flakey around the mouth/lip area.

******53 Days Post-Tane*******

My hair oil level has gone back to normal. It needs to get washed every day now. I still haven't had even 1 tiny pimple, which is amazing. The other news is that I am seriously considering trying to get pregnant. I am in the middle of my cycle right now. I want to finish out this cycle and one more month before I start trying. I really want to give the accutane time to clear out of my system. I am also going to stop taking spironolactone. Honestly, I really haven't been taking it much at all, because it has to be taken with meals, and I ALWAYS forget.

Today the husband is on Day 59. He is going to the Derm again on Friday. His skin is looking better, although he is not totally clear. I am not sure how this is going to play into the plans of getting pregnant. I think I will wait and see what the derm says on Friday. Perhaps he will give an idea of how many more months he expects him to be on Accutane.

******64 Days Post-Tane******

I'm still 100% clear. I think my last pimple was back in March. I should go back and figure out how many days ago that was. It's been amazing.

Today the husband is on Day 70. He is approaching being clear. Right now, he probably has about 2 pimples per week. This is a pretty big improvement over where he has been.