Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sd85

Starting Accutane!!

**********Day 61**********

I had one tiny, tiny pimple on my lower lip today. That's it. Probably the first one in a week. My face is STILL healing up from my breakout about 2 weeks ago. Otherwise, I'm looking pretty good. The one thing I've noticed is that my skin is very smooth and soft. It doesn't get oily so long as I don't wear makeup, otherwise I have that 'need-to-wash-my-face' feeling by the time I come home from work.

I'm 29% of the way through my total dosage.

**********Day 62**********

Skin is looking better and better everyday! I still need a lot of time to heal, but my redness is fading, and my skin is very soft. I don't have any new pimples today!

One thing I've noticed is that my hair is not greasy in the morning. I could probably skip a day in washing it! Wohoo! Got to love Accutane working its magic!

eusa_dance.gif

Skin is looking better and better everyday! I still need a lot of time to heal, but my redness is fading, and my skin is very soft. I don't have any new pimples today!

One thing I've noticed is that my hair is not greasy in the morning. I could probably skip a day in washing it! Wohoo! Got to love Accutane working its magic!

eusa_dance.gif

Oh wow! glad to hear you sound so upbeat. Your patience seems to have paid off:) I just finished month 1 and have only seen moderate improvement. So jealous you are already pretty far along in your course!

eusa_dance.gif

Oh wow! glad to hear you sound so upbeat. Your patience seems to have paid off:) I just finished month 1 and have only seen moderate improvement. So jealous you are already pretty far along in your course!

Yep, things are looking good! I can't wait to see how great I'll look in a couple more weeks! I LOVE my smooth soft skin!

**********Day 63**********

Once again, it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood! Lol. I feel like I am going to jinx myself. No new pimples AGAIN! My skin is still soft and smooth, and my hair looks clean even after 24 hours without a wash. I can get used to this stuff! My lips are a tiny bit dry, and I had to use chapstick once yesterday. Oh well! Yet another day to give my red marks time to fade! Pretty soon I'll look like a normal person! haha.

So far I've taken 69 of the 30mg pills for a total of 2070mgs.

**********Day 64**********

I'm still rocking it out. I had one small clog that I had to force out today. It was hanging out next to an old cyst (from about 2-3 weeks ago). Still have lots of 'dry scabs' --if you know what I mean. Not bloody, just patches of old pimples fall off, it's red underneath, 8 hours later it's ready to flake off again. It's an endless circle. Ok, that's probably an exaggeration, since things are way better than they were a week ago.

Anywho....

I've taken 72 of the 30 mg pills (2160 mgs). This means I've taken 32% of my minimum necessary dose.

I have a zit that keeps flaking, fall off, then flake again. It seems like it's getting smaller and smaller every time the flake falls off though so I see it as a good thing.

Keep on keeping on.

*********Day 65**********

Things are still looking pretty decent. I just wish my face would just hurry up and heal already. As I look back over my log I realize it has been about 3 weeks that I've been trying to heal up from all of these spots (which have now stopped coming, thank God!) I'm still not having much in the way of side effects. I put on chapstick probably 2-3 times per day, and I normally wouldn't use any. My nose is still looking OK. The clogs there are MUCH smaller, but they are still there. I'm definitely producing a lot less gunk. I can squeeze it out sometimes, but usually nothing comes out. Usually it would be filled in within 6 hours, if that.

I've taken 75 of the 30 mg pills (2250 mgs). This means I am 33% of the way through my minimum necessary dose.

Edited by sd85

**********Day 66***********

Still not having any issues. I'm not breaking out anymore, but I still have lots of flaking. One thing that is bothering me are the clogged pores I had on my jaw and just below my mouth. The clogs are still stuck in there and they are starting to itch! lol. I had to squeeze some of them out because I just couldn't take it anymore. I'm doing better now, though. I still have a bunch of clogs, but I am trying not to touch my face because then I instantly want to go and squeeze them out.

I've taken 78 of the 30mgs, and am 34% of the way through my minimum necessary dosage.

**********Day 67**********

My left side is pretty much clear and my right is looking MUCH better. I think I should be looking awesome with about 2 more days of healing! A lot of my 'scabby' patches have stopped the flaking/redness cycle. I think I've got 3 left.

**********Day 68**********

I'm doing very well today. I'm almost clear. Even the spots on my cheeks are fading. Unfortunately, I had one new pimple on my forehead today :(

**********Day 69**********

This morning I popped the spot that showed up on my forehead.

I'm beginning to feel like I can't wear make up. My face just feels nasty and greasy if I do, even when my skin is relatively dry! Eh. Oh well. Anyways, I've heard lots of other talk about people not having to wash their hair-which has never been the case for me. It's now been 3 days since I last washed it, and it still looks fine! That's crazy! I sure hope the decreased oil production sticks around after Accutane! That would be awesome! I realize that it probably won't, although my oil levels will probably be better than before.

Other than the spot on my forehead, my skin is looking excellent. Probably the best skin I have had in the last 9 months--maybe longer. Before, I would go through phases where benzoyl peroxide either would or wouldn't work....I don't understand that, but I'd be clear for 3-6 months, then start breaking out like I was just slathering my face in grease.

At this point I've lost track of how many pills I've taken. I'll probably figure that out later today. I need to find out if I'm on track or if I've missed one or taken extra ones by mistake. Coming home from the Pharmacist with a shoebox size package of Claravis messed me up.

Edited by sd85

**********Day 70**********

Nothing new going on today. Yay.

I've realized that my bad skin was making me neglect my appearance. I figured I look like crap, so why even bother trying? Anyways, last night was my husband's work Christmas party. So....I got all cleaned up and actually look pretty good! I have really dark (black) eyebrows, but only medium/light brown hair, so I took some hair color and lightened them a little bit. It looks much better now that I "match." haha. They're still darker than my hair, but they're much closer. I also tweezed the hell out of them so I don't look quite so....furry. lol.

Also, I sorted through my pills, and I've taken 82 30mg pills, so 2460mgs out of 6720mgs (36%).

Edited by sd85

**********Day 70**********

Nothing new going on today. Yay.

I've realized that my bad skin was making me neglect my appearance. I figured I look like crap, so why even bother trying? Anyways, last night was my husband's work Christmas party. So....I got all cleaned up and actually look pretty good! I have really dark (black) eyebrows, but only medium/light brown hair, so I took some hair color and lightened them a little bit. It looks much better now that I "match." haha. They're still darker than my hair, but they're much closer. I also tweezed the hell out of them so I don't look quite so....furry. lol.

Also, I sorted through my pills, and I've taken 82 30mg pills, so 2460mgs out of 6720mgs (36%).

Yay! Over a third of the way there! Congrats!

It makes me crazy how much acne affects all areas of your life. I thought about how many days I called out sick last year from work and ALL of them were because I was having a breakout, not because I was actually sick. I rarely go out and socialize when my skin is terrible, I have to wait for a "clear" day. Soon we will be acne free and we will LOOK and FEEL beautiful! :)

Edited by PMalaska

**********Day 72***********

My face isn't changing much at this point. I haven't gotten any pimples in several days, but I'm still having a lot of those little bumps--you know--like sand under the skin (clogs). I've also been feeling clogs on the side of my nose pushing out. I can feel them sticking out when I put my finger on the side of my nose.

**********Day 73***********

I'm not making much progress these days. My skin is still doing the flake/scab thing I mentioned before, but it's doing it around my bumpy clogs now. I feel like I will need to be off accutane before this goes away.

Edited by sd85

**********Day 76**********

Finally! I've had a little bit more of improvement. I had one little whitehead along my jawline, and I finally got the clog out last night. I'm still getting lots of new clogs and blackheads. I'm not sure what's up with that. I'm a lot less oily than I used to be.

My derm appointment is in about 10 days, so I'll see what she thinks.

Haha I know exactly what you mean about acne making you neglect everything else about yourself, bleh.

Nice progress, you're so lucky you're not breaking out and clearing up! Im basically exactly where you are and still have tons of cysts all over my face.

Getting close to the finish line! :)

**********Day 77**********

Progress has been very slow these days, but I know that it IS getting better. I'm not breaking out at all, but I have a lot of red spots. The last pimple I got was on day 69. It's just a red spot now. The tops of my hands are extremely dry, but that really doesn't bother me that much. I know it will go away about 3 days after I get off these pills. I'm sure the weather is not helping either. Today it was 17 degrees when I woke up and everything was covered in ice. My lips are not dry.

Hang in there! It seems a though you've hit that point where things just seem to stop. Your no longer getting acne, the one you had have healed and you still have all those marks. Ugh! I had the samething around this mark and it was quite frustrating. Infact, I feel like (I'm on day 147) I'm still sorta going through that stage. Oh, patience is what we all need, but so much harder done than said. Hang in there!

**********Day 78**********

My skin was a LOT better today. It seems like my red marks went down about 50% overnight. Awesome! I have not had a pimple in almost 10 days. I see my dermatologist in 9 days, so I'm interested to see what she thinks. If I keep going like this you won't even be able to tell that I ever even had acne within a month.

I know a lot of people are afraid to stop taking Accutane because they are afraid their acne will come back. But, after my last course, my acne pretty much stayed the same as the day I took my last pill, so I think I will probably be OK, although I'm not eager to give up the good side effects:

The one thing that I've appreciated most while doing Accutane is that I can go FOREVER without washing my hair. The longest I've gone so far is 3 days, but I was afraid that it might start smelling bad, so I went ahead and washed it.

I can't believe I didn't go on Accutane earlier---what was I thinking?

Now, on to the bad stuff: the tops of my hands are still VERY dry. I am not applying regular lotions as they all burn like I'm rubbing acid on my hands. Two days ago I started using olive oil on them, which doesn't burn. I pour a little on to a paper napkin, and then rub it on my skin. I can't tell if it has helped or not. They're still pretty dry. I also missed a pill recently, so the decreased dosage might help things out a little.

My face is a little dry around my lips and the sides of my nose, but not anything overly unusual.

One thing that I am concerned about is whether my facial oiliness will come back once I am off the pills. I didn't really notice a decrease in oil at all while on my first course, and I was on 80mgs a day. This was a VERY high dose for someone that was about 115lbs. I don't know if it was just because I was 16, but I didn't seem to notice any changes other than slightly decreased acne and dry lips. Weird.

Currently, I am 41% of the way through my necessary dose.

**********Day 79**********

Woke up with a pimple on my chin! Darn it! Just when things were looking good.

My face was quite dry today. I took a bath after work, and due to the high temperature and humidity in the bathroom, I was able to exfoliate a substantial amount of skin from my face. I know that I need the new skin to come through, but this also temporarily increases my red marks. It's all good though---it will probably be fine by morning.

**********Day 80***********

No new pimples today. My face is peeling, but not dry---if that makes sense. Almost like I had a sunburn. The inside of my nose is also peeling, which is gross. It's like I constantly need to pick my nose, but it's just the inside of my nose coming off. haha.

Also, I'm feeling clogs poke out of my skin on my nose, just like I did about 4 or 5 weeks ago. My nose is a lot less clogged than it was before, but I still have all the little black dots.

I'm 42% of the way through my total minimum dosage

Edited by sd85

**********Day 81**********

No new pimples today. Woohoo! My skin is in relatively good shape overall. My only problems are dryness/flakiness around my mouth. I haven't been wearing makeup as it looks absolutely terrible when it starts to flake off with all my dead skin. It's still better than breaking out constantly though. And it will all be over in about 2 months anyway.

43% of the way through my total minimum dosage.

**********Day 83**********

I didn't have anything new yesterday or today. I'm starting to look better. I still have a lot of obvious red spots on my right cheek area. I'm starting to wonder: to what extent will these red spots go away? How will things look in 2 or 3 months? I am hoping I did not scar, but only time will tell.