Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am suffering with acne on my chest and back iv noticed it getting worse...i also notice when im on my womenly cycle i get more acne comming up..would the products on this site help to reduce this along withthe blemishes left behind? do the products actually work ?

are there any products that you can recommend me..bare in mind my skin is very sensitive.

please help :(

Salt baths are hugely effective, as is apple cider vinegar. There are threads about both which are well worth reading. People have had mixed results from this site's products; I personally wasn't hugely impressed.

And don't forget to lay off milk and beer too ;)

I am one of those members who have had great results with Dan's products for my chest & back acne.

I tried AHA+ on my chest & back. For some reason it worked great on my back, but it did nothing for my chest acne, so I tried BP. It cleared that up in a few weeks.

The major problem with BP of course is the bleaching of clothes.

Salt baths are hugely effective, as is apple cider vinegar. There are threads about both which are well worth reading. People have had mixed results from this site's products; I personally wasn't hugely impressed.

And don't forget to lay off milk and beer too ;)

hey dont worry im not a beer drinker milk umm just tea :)

thank for your comment..yeah im just too scared to use anythign new incase it make my skin even worse..my face has clearerd up it just heading abit down..restricts me to wear certain clothing and as become very annoying.. i shall se into the bath salts ..lets see what happens there :)

I am one of those members who have had great results with Dan's products for my chest & back acne.

I tried AHA+ on my chest & back. For some reason it worked great on my back, but it did nothing for my chest acne, so I tried BP. It cleared that up in a few weeks.

hi thanks for ur reply...but does it make a difference on a womans skin to a mans skin isent the textures goign to be different withthose products????

and i checked your link the results are great worked very well for you..well done... but have u noticed them comming back any time soon? you dont want to be using those products for the rest of ur life do you...

hi thanks for ur reply...but does it make a difference on a womans skin to a mans skin isent the textures goign to be different withthose products????

and i checked your link the results are great worked very well for you..well done... but have u noticed them comming back any time soon? you dont want to be using those products for the rest of ur life do you...

I don't see why the difference in texture of your skin should make a difference as to the effectiveness of the treatment. I haven't read Dan's pages on the body regimen for a while, but I don't think he differentiates.

Once I had got my face & body clear, I started to reduce the frequency that I applied the BP & AHA. I did this for a few months & was still clear. For the past month or so, I haven't applied anything to my face or body. No new outbreaks yet. If it does reoccur I have no problem with using BP & AHA again. Nothing else I have tried over the years has worked liked these products.

Edited by Manticore

What I have read is that the cure for hormonal acne is oral contraceptives. But you should contact your dermatologist for prescription. :angel:

hey yeah i have heard that but i dont want my cycle ruined but thank you :)))

I don't see why the difference in texture of your skin should make a difference as to the effectiveness of the treatment. I haven't read Dan's pages on the body regimen for a while, but I don't think he differentiates.

Once I had got my face & body clear, I started to reduce the frequency that I applied the BP & AHA. I did this for a few months & was still clear. For the past month or so, I haven't applied anything to my face or body. No new outbreaks yet. If it does reoccur I have no problem with using BP & AHA again. Nothing else I have tried over the years has worked liked these products.

thanks for ur reply... skin as in seneitive or normal skin it just hard to tell with how it would work with the prooducts used...i just am weary of products out there might cause mre problems then solve them but for u it has worked and the results look great. i shall see what happens..might end up buying two things from here..and i shal update u guys ...

What are you currently using to wash your skin? Body soap? I ask this because body soap could be your problem.

im just using dove

dove contains surfectants that dry out the skin, stop using all soap, it will take your body about amonth to fully heal, but after the first week youll notice the difference, try to avoid hot/warm showers only take cold/cool showers for a couple of minutes

i know it sounds crazy but soaps are the acne culprit that no one thinks about. if you dont believe me what do you have to lose, try it for a month and see what happens

i know it sounds crazy but soaps are the acne culprit that no one thinks about. if you dont believe me what do you have to lose, try it for a month and see what happens

im using the dove triple mosturizing bodywash its creamy... yeh i now take luke warm showers i did notice hving hot showers caused break outs which is a pain..if i am having hot showers i just change the temp to cold after when all done..hate the blemishes its a pain aswell..

do you think neutrogena range is good??

im using the dove triple mosturizing bodywash its creamy... yeh i now take luke warm showers i did notice hving hot showers caused break outs which is a pain..if i am having hot showers i just change the temp to cold after when all done..hate the blemishes its a pain aswell..

no soap is good, it stripes your skin of sebum and the acid mantle that is there to help moisturize and protect your skin. soap is a no no. do not use soap on your chest or back. take cold/cool showers and just let the water rinse on your body. the only places one needs soap is on hair and genitals and even that is questionable. after 1 week you will notice your skin become much softer, and your blemishes will resurface as whiteheads, let them be as they will pop on there own and your skin will finally start to heal. it will take roughly 1 month to get fully clear, once it is clear stay with cold showers and no soap and will never get chest or back acne again...or just very very rarely like 1 pimple every 3 months if that

no soap is good, it stripes your skin of sebum and the acid mantle that is there to help moisturize and protect your skin. soap is a no no. do not use soap on your chest or back. take cold/cool showers and just let the water rinse on your body. the only places one needs soap is on hair and genitals and even that is questionable. after 1 week you will notice your skin become much softer, and your blemishes will resurface as whiteheads, let them be as they will pop on there own and your skin will finally start to heal. it will take roughly 1 month to get fully clear, once it is clear stay with cold showers and no soap and will never get chest or back acne again...or just very very rarely like 1 pimple every 3 months if that

hey sorry for the late reply..thank you so much for ur advice much apprechiated...I have been taking cold showers and i see difference and yeh ur ryt only on those genital bits need the wash...how is ur skin going?

I never had trouble with body acne before (until just recently whole other story tho lol) I have really sensitive skin too btw. But what I use to keep the acne away from my face is I use this wash from the cosmetic store: sephora and the kind I use is from Peter Thomas Roth! His products are AMAZING! and they really help me when i break out! But really expensive tho! but if you dont mind spending the money you might want to check out his stuff.... I checked out his line for you and he has lots of body washes that are "Ultra gentle" (for your sensitive skin) for body acne. You might want to think about using one with "buffing beads" so you can really exfoliate your skin, it is 36 dollars but I personally would spend any amount on his products they work that well for me! You should deff check it out and see if it works! I hope i helped you out a little! If you have any more questions about his line or anything just let me know i'll try to help you as best as I can!