Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Monica123

How long have YOU had acne?

Hi everyone! this is kind of a random post, but I just wanted to know how long everyone's been dealing with acne. When I first started getting acne, I thought it'd go away with a couple of years. Of course, that was six years ago, and now it's only beginning to go away with treatment and not on it's own.

So how long have you had acne? Do you still have it or was it just something of the past that you had to deal with? It's good to know that we're not alone and maybe some of us are at the same point in our acne "journeys" :)

for me, it's also been six years. now going on seven but this year only counts if you include the acne scars and open pores, because my actual acne is almost completely gone

23 years!!! I don't have severe acne, I would say mild to moderate, but it's damn persistent. I have managed to control it over the years with birth control and antibiotics so there have been periods when I've been fairly clear. But birth control doesn't seem to agree with me anymore, breaks me out worse, and I've gradually become resistant to a whole host of antibiotics. So I guess I'm still waiting to grow out if it.......

24 years....

age 7-12 mild acne

13-14 moderate acne

15-16 severe acne

17-31 Post accutane. Clear to mild. but have acne scarring.

Unless my scarring is gone or at least 90% gone, this battle isn't over. I have some unfinished business.

I had it mildly when I was about 12-16 and for the last two years it's been more verging on the moderate side of things and at one point moderate-severe.

Edited by xjessaminx

i start it having acne when i was 10 years old. now i´m 19 and now my acne is very very mild and now i can control it much better and without the need of a dermatologist.

but i always had mild acne...so...it wasn´t such a big deal until i hit my 16 that´s when i start it to be kind of obsessed with my looks and i used to cry over 4 pimples and 2 red marks.

now i don´t give a crap...as long as i don´t get moderate or severe acne.

wow, its tough to remember when i didnt have bad skin, but im told i got my first zits when i was 10, im 23 now, and the breakouts have pretty much stopped but ive got a pockmarked face and BAD marks on my shoulders and upper back.

Edited by colostomus

I'm at 24 years and counting--a thought which makes me feel :wacko:.

I recall having my first pimple at nine or 10 years old, though my "official" acne woes didn't start until I was about twelve. My acne definitely goes in cycles, typically getting worse every few years' time for a 6-12 month period. And, yes, I get moderate--what I call "regular" acne--as well as cysts and nodules. (I believe that poor digestion, as well as a hormone imbalance, cause most of my skin issues.)

Not to burst anyone's bubble, but the dermatologist assistant I've been seeing told me that she has an acne patient in her 60s who still comes in yearly to get a benzoyl peroxide script. I fear that I will suffer the same, life-long, acne-laden fate. :(

Jenk