Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zoe01

Acne again even after Accutane

Hello,

I am wondering if there is anyone out there who has had the same experience as me!

I have suffered with acne for over 10 years, (I am only 20) when I was about 15/16 my acne had got so bad that I was eventually put of Accutane for six months. it was a wonder pill, it cleared my acne beutifully and I finally felt beautiful!

however 3/4 years on I have once again broke out in Acne! I am also suffering from depression, which in turn makes my life very difficult to deal with this outbreak again. I am just wondering however if anyone else out there has experinced this, if so what did you do????

I am at my whits end of this skin condition, it has ruined my life

I am in desperate need of some help and advice

Thanks Guys!

Excatly the same has happened to me Zoe. Few years after accutane its all good, then it creeps back.

Why not take another course? Hopefully the second course will kill it off for good.

I'm counting down the days till I can go back on it next month. My first course of accutane was a breeze, I really don't know why there is so much negativity surrounding accutane online.

Edited by thefloydfan

Apparently thirty to forty percent of people who took isotretinoin can relapse. The younger the patient, the more likely to relapse. The good thing is, the acne that comes back is usually less severe and easier to respond to regular acne treatment like prescription topicals. Go see your derm!

Im on my second course as I relapsed after the first. Its not a problem to take it twice. I would do it as if its 2nd time around the chances of relapse dramatically decrease (at least thats what my derm told me).