Proactive?

MemberMember
(@black-beaute)

Posted : 08/23/2011 8:06 am

??

MemberMember
(@squirrel26)

Posted : 08/23/2011 1:30 pm

junk. did not work for me. it may work for you however. everyone is different. topicals just never did the trick for me. im starting accutane, dr. prescribed mine today.

MemberMember
(@arabella-hope)

Posted : 08/23/2011 1:47 pm

I know many people on here hate it..but it REALLY helped me. I've noticed when my skin was severe it didn't..but when my acne is mild/moderate it helps clear it.

MemberMember
(@black-beaute)

Posted : 08/24/2011 2:21 pm

junk. did not work for me. it may work for you however. everyone is different. topicals just never did the trick for me. im starting accutane, dr. prescribed mine today.

It appears to be working for me. Good luck with yours.

MemberMember
(@black-beaute)

Posted : 08/24/2011 2:23 pm

I know many people on here hate it..but it REALLY helped me. I've noticed when my skin was severe it didn't..but when my acne is mild/moderate it helps clear it.

Yes I have mild acne as well and it seems to be doingthe trick. I don't wanna talk too fast and jinx myself but at this point I likeit especially the green tea moisturizer.

MemberMember
(@ashley07)

Posted : 08/24/2011 6:34 pm

Ive been using Proactiv for 9 years! Its the only thing that has worked for me ever... Everyone is different though..what works for me may not work for the next person.. Give it a shot.

MemberMember
(@gutterflower)

Posted : 08/24/2011 6:41 pm

Proactiv often works for people with fairly mild acne. Unfortunately, it's overpriced for what you're actually getting. Their topical is benzoyl peroxide. Their cleanser is a scrub which is way too harsh to use when you're putting BP on your face, and the toner is unnecessary. The rest of the crud they plug with it is just to make you think you're getting your money's worth.

You could get the same results by using a gentle cleanser, BP to treat and an oil-free moisturizer like Cetaphil. :D And you won't have to pay out the backside or have to deal with their awful customer service and repeat subscriptions.

(I have tried Proactiv before. Now every time I pass a Proactiv booth at the mall I want to draw a moustache on Katy Perry's face on their big ol' sign.)

MemberMember
(@black-beaute)

Posted : 08/24/2011 8:12 pm

Ive been using Proactiv for 9 years! Its the only thing that has worked for me ever... Everyone is different though..what works for me may not work for the next person.. Give it a shot.

Tnx.

MemberMember
(@black-beaute)

Posted : 08/24/2011 8:14 pm

Proactiv often works for people with fairly mild acne. Unfortunately, it's overpriced for what you're actually getting. Their topical is benzoyl peroxide. Their cleanser is a scrub which is way too harsh to use when you're putting BP on your face, and the toner is unnecessary. The rest of the crud they plug with it is just to make you think you're getting your money's worth.

You could get the same results by using a gentle cleanser, BP to treat and an oil-free moisturizer like Cetaphil. :D And you won't have to pay out the backside or have to deal with their awful customer service and repeat subscriptions.

(I have tried Proactiv before. Now every time I pass a Proactiv booth at the mall I want to draw a moustache on Katy Perry's face on their big ol' sign.)

I will agree it is very over priced but I get mines from Ebay for far less. But other than that iys working for me now so i'll keep at it.

MemberMember
(@cottoncandi)

Posted : 08/24/2011 8:26 pm

I used it many years ago and it irritated my face and I didn't like it. That's just me though.

MemberMember
(@gutterflower)

Posted : 08/24/2011 8:49 pm

I used it many years ago and it irritated my face and I didn't like it. That's just me though.

It stripped my skin because of the awful cleanser with exfoliating beads. My skin was already raw from the BP. It just annoys me that the advertisements almost prey on self-conscious teenagers and convince them that it's going to help them whilst reaffirming the "ACNE IS TERRIBLE!" consensus, you know?

MemberMember
(@cottoncandi)

Posted : 08/24/2011 10:12 pm

It stripped my skin because of the awful cleanser with exfoliating beads. My skin was already raw from the BP. It just annoys me that the advertisements almost prey on self-conscious teenagers and convince them that it's going to help them whilst reaffirming the "ACNE IS TERRIBLE!" consensus, you know?

Yeah really, and the celebrity testimonials don't help.

MemberMember
(@gutterflower)

Posted : 08/24/2011 10:56 pm

I think it was a bit dark when they got Justin Bieber to endorse it. Now every teenage girl will run out flailing to buy it.

MemberMember
(@black-beaute)

Posted : 08/25/2011 4:49 pm

What works for one might not work for another and vice versa.

MemberMember
(@cottoncandi)

Posted : 08/25/2011 8:03 pm

I think it was a bit dark when they got Justin Bieber to endorse it. Now every teenage girl will run out flailing to buy it.

He's on the bandwagon now too!? Omg.

MemberMember
(@gutterflower)

Posted : 08/25/2011 9:29 pm

Yeah, he says something really inspiring like "Growth spurts? I can't stop that. Hormones? I don't wanna stop that, but I don't wanna let a bunch of zits get in my way!"

I know it works for some people, but the advertising and plugging annoy me. It's tacky and it costs more than it should. I say this solely from experience. :D I wouldn't hate it so deeply if I hadn't been burned by it before.

MemberMember
(@amarag)

Posted : 08/25/2011 9:36 pm

Yeah, he says something really inspiring like "Growth spurts? I can't stop that. Hormones? I don't wanna stop that, but I don't wanna let a bunch of zits get in my way!"

I know it works for some people, but the advertising and plugging annoy me. It's tacky and it costs more than it should. I say this solely from experience. :D I wouldn't hate it so deeply if I hadn't been burned by it before.

^Agreed

MemberMember
(@aiko1992)

Posted : 08/29/2011 10:42 am

well you know i really never tried proactive because my acne was not that bad but...one of my friends used it and all it did was bring back more acne. so no proactive really doesn‚´t work, i know alot of people might say everyone is different and it might work for others but...the majority of people who do take proactive...they have more acne then ever before. besides at first it can clean your skin pretty good but then...BAM! acne comes again especially if you stop using it.

i would recommend you to try other things or visit a dermatologist.

alot of people who never had acne or they think they know everything about acne, they always recommend someone to take proactive, how dumb they are

proactive reminds me of this mexican or hispanic acne product that is called Asepxia, that is also pure shit, it don‚´t work either. i‚´ll rather just go natural or i also use Neutrogena products those who have microgranules it cleans your skin so good or i also use Clean & Clear soap or other Gel acne products from this brand products. other than that...just visit a dermatologist.

MemberMember
(@black-beaute)

Posted : 09/05/2011 1:12 pm

To each his own I guess. Its working for me. Actually I cant recall when my skin last looked this good.