Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Does anyone else allow acne to hold them back from their dreams and goals? I want to be an actress. Yes, I understand how ridiculous it sounds. I was in acting classes and planning to go to Los Angeles with a manager and fellow class members who are working in the industry. In Feb I got severe acne and put everything on hold. Now that I'm clear..I'm still afraid to go back because of my red marks. Its vain and obsessive..but I can't seem to Get. Over. It.

Has anyone else let your skin hold you back from what you truly wanted to do??

I'm pursuing a music career and am very close to my goal, but yes I know EXACTLY what you're talking about. In the industry, looks mean everything....they need someone marketable and well, Hollywood is shallow so acne would get in the way.

The thing is though, I can see from your pic that you're a good looking girl, and I mean they have make up, photo shop, airbrushing so many things that can easily fix your appearance on camera, film, etc. so you'll be fine. One thing stronger than looks is confidence and how you sell yourself. YOU market yourself and the smartest way to do that is to outshine everyone. Pimples are temporary, talent is forever...if it's really what you want, don't ever let something this small stop you. I definitely don't and I'm going really far, you will too =)

Does anyone else allow acne to hold them back from their dreams and goals? I want to be an actress. Yes, I understand how ridiculous it sounds. I was in acting classes and planning to go to Los Angeles with a manager and fellow class members who are working in the industry. In Feb I got severe acne and put everything on hold. Now that I'm clear..I'm still afraid to go back because of my red marks. Its vain and obsessive..but I can't seem to Get. Over. It.

Well, you have to love yourself the way you are, u have to love urself unconditionally!!! Its hard, I know, but it's the key to success.

Out of topic, but how did u clear ur face?

I'm pursuing a music career and am very close to my goal, but yes I know EXACTLY what you're talking about. In the industry, looks mean everything....they need someone marketable and well, Hollywood is shallow so acne would get in the way.

The thing is though, I can see from your pic that you're a good looking girl, and I mean they have make up, photo shop, airbrushing so many things that can easily fix your appearance on camera, film, etc. so you'll be fine. One thing stronger than looks is confidence and how you sell yourself. YOU market yourself and the smartest way to do that is to outshine everyone. Pimples are temporary, talent is forever...if it's really what you want, don't ever let something this small stop you. I definitely don't and I'm going really far, you will too =)

That's great that you're pursuing it! I actually thought your profile picture looked like a CD cover. Yeah I think its ridiculous but Hollywood seems obsessed with it. I'm not sure how it is in the music industry..hopefully not as critical. You're right about talent being forever! That's why some beautiful people are only in a few films while talented people (meryl streep) last forever. Good luck! Believing well both achieve our dreams.

Well, you have to love yourself the way you are, u have to love urself unconditionally!!! Its hard, I know, but it's the key to success.

Out of topic, but how did u clear ur face?

Hey! Well the reason I got acne in the first place was eating very unhealthy foods such as chips, cheeseburgers, etc. To get clear I completely did a 180 in my diet. I went to the dermatologist first who gave me minocyclin which helped turn my painful severe acne into semi manageable moderate acne. However people were still commenting on how awful my face looked. My cheeks were still covered in acne and I was continuing to get new acne. I went to the health food store in tears and an employee who was very knowledgeable told me to buy avocados, carrots, cucumbers, broccoli and spinach. I also purchased a few supplements and started drinking around 7 glasses of water daily. I even gave up coffee which was difficult. It took a few weeks but I began to see drastic improvement. There are so many sources on this site that can show you how internal health is what helps our external appearance.

That's great that you're pursuing it! I actually thought your profile picture looked like a CD cover. Yeah I think its ridiculous but Hollywood seems obsessed with it. I'm not sure how it is in the music industry..hopefully not as critical. You're right about talent being forever! That's why some beautiful people are only in a few films while talented people (meryl streep) last forever. Good luck! Believing well both achieve our dreams.

It's the same thing with any branch of entertainment in the industry. Acting, music, modeling, etc.. Unfortunately everything is for the quick buck today, and that's whatever will sell A.K.A whatever is attractive. Megan Fox can't act for shit but half those millions of tickets sold in Transformers were just cause dudes wanted to see HER cause she's hot (personally she ain't even that hot, I know way better looking chicks) but she isn't bad at all and most guys don't have high standards like I do lol. At the end of the day though, if you're REALLY GOOD AND TALENTED....anyone will see passed your imperfections. Acne isn't even that a big of a deal cause like I said, they'll just hide it with makeup or whatever. Plus some of the richest and famous celebrities are some of the ugliest people I've ever seen lol and they have a clear face but you can't fix ugly! So you'll be fine.

Something about the movie/tv industry that ALWAYS annoyed me is that acne is the least represented issue EVER. Weight problems, sexual orientation, bullies, etc are all great issues to discuss and help people with and they're all over television screens. However, acne is only used to make someone look stupid or ugly. People are starting to accept themselves for who they are, which is great, but everyone seems to leave acne out of the equation. You can be overweight, have a huge nose, and buckteeth or something, but if you have acne then you're just a loser. That's not even true in real life! I know many people who are popular and loved by everyone even though they have acne/red marks. It's about time someone takes a stand and represents acne in a positive way on screen. Maybe you can be that person :)