Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kel

sweating and acne

ok i think i may be going mad but im sure i wrote this before on here but i cant seem to find it??? anyways...i was just wondering has anyone found that excercise or excess sweating makes their spots worse?

well this makes me nutts as i love excercise and want to lose weight but im scared to work up a sweat cos i dont want to make my skin worse ,ARGH help!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

huh? Viper31W jus said sweat blocks pores, but then u said it helps clean them out, bb_icon_confused.gif.......which is it?

well, n-e-wayz u could jus use a sweat band thing to help u when u sweat so it doesnt get all over ur face.

yeah i dontr no i mean if i wash my face after maybe i should be ok,does anyone here wok out alot sweat and have any comments?

My daughter's derm told her to shower as soon as possible after a work out and if she couldn't immediately shower to wipe her face with one of those wipes (Neutrogena, etc.) to get the sweat off as soon as possible.

In my experience, when I was working out all the time outdoors and sweating, I totally cleared up my acne. I think my pores became cleared out. That's just me though

there does seem to be acase of 50/50 here again as acne is its individual isnt it,i guess i wont no till i try,do you guys just wash your face after and agina ta night or not? dont want to overdry the skin

I have been a hardcore exerciser most of my life. I sweat like a maddog 60 mintues a day, 6 days a week. The only time I have ever broken out from "excess sweating" is when I exercise with makeup on my face. Otherwise, I have not had any issues. And I am not always that conscientious about washing my face immediately after the workout, although I try to.

But this is just me...everyone's acne is different and different things (such as sweat) could cause clearing for one and pore blockage for another. So it's difficult to generalize... bb_eusa_think.gif

yeah i think your right,it is a case of tring it i guess i was just seeing what the majority say,agian thats still means i wont no till i try myself,i will wash after i work out which will prob be after work and moisterise,and then leave it or i may do it again before bed what do you think?

Although too much washing can irritate the skin and thus, aggravate your acne, I would recommend that you err on the side of making it a point to wash right after your workout. AND moisturize. Then, before bed, wash VERY GENTLY with a very mild cleanser (such as Cetaphil) before applying your nightime acne meds.

Some may disagree with me, but I think that the damage that would be done by leaving the sweat on your face until bedtime (just to avoid "overwashing" the skin) would be much worse than washing after the workout and again before bed. Just make sure you are extremely gentle with the 2nd wash. You are really only washing off the moisturizer and prepping your skin for the nighttime meds...no need to scour your face with SA wash and a brillo pad. bb_eusa_naughty.gif

yeah i think you may be right but if i go to gym after work get in late its a matter of time before i go bed is that wash nad that agin really needed before bed do you think,thanks for your advice by the way

Sweating is good: it means you're excercising hard, there is extra blood flow through your skin veins -> all ok. The sweat also contains toxins, so this is very healthy. Sweat all you want during your workout (but drink enough water to stay well hydrated). After your workout i would take a shower immediately. Just to clean away the dirt. If you do it like this, it's a good thing, it purifies you

yeah i think your right i used to train for at least a hour 5 times a week,the more sweat the better,and wash my face and that right away should i moisterise after? and wash and that agin before bed?

if ur schedule allows, why not excercise before ur morning or nite wash? that would eliminate the wash during the day....just a thought

yeah think i will either work out before work or after work then wash after that evening workout then it will only be matter of hours till bed so another wash wont be needed,what does everyone else who excercises and sweats think?