Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rise_Above

Who hates washing their face?

So, who hates when they wash their face? Not literally the act of washing the face, just the redness which appears. I really dislike when I wash my face (with hot, lukewarm or cold water) and all my old red marks come up from beneath my skin. I also dislike how the redness of current breakouts is accentuated! So, does anyone else hate seeing the redness of their cheeks when doing this? It just makes your face seem a thousand times worse in my opinion.

If I used an exfoliating skin wash (like the one listed in your personal message) my skin would also be very aggravated and red after washing. It isn't "normal" for your skin too look redder after washing, and it's likely a sign what your using is too harsh for your skin. I wash with either the oil cleansing method or plain oatmeal and both leave my skin paler after washing.

Edited by Oil King

Well, I actually use my cleanser after my shower, in the sink. So my face is really red before I even use the wash. It's not your default exfoliating wash either, it's a really gentle one, made to help regulate oil production :). The beads are really tiny and you can't even feel them when you're using the stuff. Mostly i'm talking about old red marks which always come up as you've just washed your face.

Don't let hot water touch your face. When I take a shower I keep my head out of the water stream until I wash my hair at which point I turn down the temp.

My face gets red and acne get more swollen and painful when I wash. I've tried all temperatures and different cleansers. This just happens. I try to ignore it. It goes away in a few hours.

I wash my face with water only for this reason. Using cleanser always made me more red, more dry, more tight feeling, etc. So I use water AM and PM. I don't use any products that should be removed, so this method works for me.

I loathe washing my face. I don't have rosacea but my skin definitely gets more red after washing it, my mother has even stared at me with a shocked expression after I washed my face and said 'it wasn't that red a few seconds ago, I don't understand how it can change like that...' :| I like the way my face looks first thing in the morning before I wash it, but it's all downhill from there.

I know what you mean haha, I usually have to wait about half an hour for the redness to subside, it sucks! I'm using Cetaphil now so hopefully it helps to reduce the overall redness.

Yes I can agree with mm97. My face sometimes looks best in the morning before I wash it.

I have been using papaya soap which has a whitening effect. It leaves my skin sort of glowy. Also manuka honey does the same thing.

I have to wash in cool-lukewarm water on my face. I don't scrub, rub, or scratch. I pat dry. Anywhere on my skin if I scratch, it stays red for a few hours, so my skin is just sensitive everywhere.