Notifications
Clear all

Dianette/Diane 35 Log

MemberMember
(@g0oo0f)

Posted : 08/22/2011 2:42 am

HI everyone :D I've lurked this website for years and FINALLY decided to make an account... Just thought I'd keep a log after recently starting Diane 35. I know what it's like to be up for hours trying to research something new to try after all else fails...so if this helps others like it (hopefully) helps me, than that makes me happy!

My skin:

Pretty clear and smooth on my forehead, but it's the lower half of my face (around my mouth and jawline) that is mostly affected. There are tons of small whiteheads (closed comedones) and some grow to cysts over time. I usually have one or two big suckers on my face along with a few smaller ones. I'm lucky if I get a whole week that my skin is mostly clear. My problem is I pick at the clogged pores trying to get them out, and sometimes the crap gets pushed even further into my skin and causes a bigger one to form, AGHHH!!

MY BACKGROUND with BCP:

Been suffering from acne since I was 14...I feel every year or so it moves to a different part of my face. Recently it's ALL up on my jawline and chin - leading me to think it's hormonal. I've been on several different BCPs since I was 15 - first, Yasmin which I was on for about 5-6 years. My skin was probably the best at this time than on any other BC. But I got greedy and didn't like the migraines I would get from it. So my gyno switched me to Loestrin 34 or some sh*t - HORRIBLE!!!!! Within 4-5 days I was PSYCHO - couldn't stop crying, picked fights with my boyfriend, etc etc. I told my Dr. I was DONE with that devil pill and wanted something else. So she put me on Necon. This pill was alright....it did it's job (prevented little me's from forming) but I continued to break out, plus I missed my bigger boobs I had on yasmin! I was determined to find something that could help my acne and after tons of research, I have HOPEFULLY come to the righful conclusion that I have too many androgen horomones...eeeeek Which probably explains why I have always had kinda hairy arms and body...hmm. SO anyways I wanted to try Spiro really bad but my derm (the only one in the area) is a biotch and wouldn't prescribe it to me. So it was between Orthro Tri-Cyclen Lo, or Diane 35. I'm from the US, so Orthro would have been easier (Diane is banned in the US)...but of course Diane got more consistent reviews. So I found a legitimate online Canadian pharmacy (they require a prescription from your doc) and ordered it...but it took me the whole summer to get up the balls to start taking the pills. I don't want an initial breakout!! BUT here I am and here it goes....

DAY 3

Currently, I have one big cyst on my chin (but has been forming for awhile), and one forming on my lower mouth/jawline. UGH. but can't really accredit this to the Diane, it's only been 3 days. The other side of my face has a few healing spots I picked at I also had a small clogged poor under my eye that I tried to squeeze, and now it's huge and swollen :( I need to stop picking it only makes everything worse!! I'm REALLY hoping i don't get TOO bad of an IB (initial breakout) because I start a new semester on Wednesday..SUCKS being 22 years old and still having to deal with this crap!

Current Regimen

AM:

Wash with Clean and Clear Blackhead Clearing Scrub

Wash with Clean and Clear deep cleanser w/ BP

Bare Minerals makeup

PM:

Wash with Clean and Clear Blackhead Clearing Scrub

Wash with Clean and Clear deep cleanser w/ BP

Apply Jojoba Oil before sleep

MemberMember
(@g0oo0f)

Posted : 08/23/2011 1:38 am

Day 4:

Not TOO much of a change in skin but it's the start of side effects I believe...waves of nauseousness today after each meal I ate. Thought it might have been the so-good-for-you McDonalds for lunch but had yummy pesto chicken and bread and still felt kinda sick after. But, nothing a little herbal medicine can't help ;) had a slight headache as well but this could be due to getting my period soon (I get really bad menstrual migraines) Anyhooooow, on a better note, the big cysty ones that were forming on the side of my face didn't grow as much as expected, but could be due to the BP i put on the area. The one on my chin is still pretty big and hurts though So to sum it all up...

Skin State:

Manageable - 3 bigger pimples on left side of face, the one under my eye is still swollen, 1 recovering scar on right side (plus little under the skin bumps all over) easily covered with makeup but big bumps still noticible

Side Effects experienced thus far:

• Nauseuousness
  • Slight headache (but may not be due to Diane)
  • Bloated (could be due to my . as well!)
MemberMember
(@g0oo0f)

Posted : 08/25/2011 2:33 am

Mmmmkay so I believe it's....

Day #6:

The cysts that were coming in on the left side of my face have subsided, and didn't get too much bigger. Slowly going away which is good, but of course I get a big one today right next to them all. They seem to like to stay in clusters, grrrr Other than that, it seems as if the whiteheads/clogged pores that seem to occupy most of my lower cheeks and jawline are kinda becoming more noticible...maybe they are making their way out? Hopefully they won't erupt into huge painful ones, it would be nice if they could just slowly come out and disappear...wishful thinking As for side effects, I definitely have some updates.. last night I had a HORRIBLE bout of nausea. I took a prescription sleeping pill around midnight that I had never taken before, so that may be the cause of this intense episode, but seeing as I have been nauseous the past few days I'm thinking it might have been the combination of the two. Anyhoo, so I woke up at like 4 in the morning and was EXTREMELY nauseous, went to the bathroom thinking I was going to puke, but couldn't. Tried going back to bed, same thing happened about 30 minutes later. It was like every time I closed my eyes and opened them again, I would feel sick to my stomach. I got some gnarly hot and cold flashes too, weird. Felt like complete shit in the morning (probably because I got like 4 hours of sleep) and had to go to my first day of school...JOY!! Just thankful I didn't puke in class :) So here's an overview...

Skin Status:

Manageable - 1 small cyst (but just popped and applied isopropyl alcohol) and lots of small whiteheads/clogged pores.

Side Effects experienced thus far:

• Nauseousness
  • Hold/cold flashes
  • Dehydration (I'm thirsty all the time and therefore..)
  • Peeing more
MemberMember
(@g0oo0f)

Posted : 08/25/2011 5:44 pm

Day #7

Usually I update at the end of the day or at night, but this weekend I will be gone for a work event and therefore will not be updating, so I figured I will update now while I have time Not too much to update though, the annoying little cysts on the left side are still somewhat there, the big one I talked about last night is not as painful, due to applying the alcohol last night...but of course another smaller one came in right underneath it. RAWR. The right side of my face is doing fine except for all the small little whiteheads, but I think I can feel a cyst coming in...gotta apply tons of BP on that baby tonight! As for today, I feel pretty good. Didn't wake up nauseous last night so that's a good sign, I think the nauseousness was just my body getting used to being on BC again (I was off for almost 5 months) I just ate breakfast (okay okay, LUNCH) and haven't felt sick yet so I think i'm finally past it...YAY! Hopefully I didn't speak too soon!!

Skin Status:

Manageable - one big cyst on left side by mouth, but it's healing. A few smaller ones around it, but mostly clear on the right side.

Side Effects Experienced:

NONE today! Yay :)

MemberMember
(@g0oo0f)

Posted : 08/28/2011 11:11 pm

Day # 10

Definitely breaking out Pretty consistent with the other reviewers saying that the initial breakout starts around the 2nd week...BOOO! As you might remember I was away for the weekend for work, and was working 8 hr days (which i DONT normally do - ugh) and I think the stress of school and work is getting to me! I always seem to break out more when i'm stressed, then the breakouts stress me out even more...blah!! Okay i'm done bitching. Anyways, I'm hoping this IB doesn't last for too long. The pimples that I'm getting DO seem to be smaller, and going away faster, though, which is a good sign. BUT i did have a picking episode today, I tend to pick more when i'm stressed. I put an aspirin mask on right away and now I have a honey mask on...hopefully the ones I picked at are SMALLER tomorrow rather than BIGGER!

Skin Status:

Not good!! 3 active pimples (just popped) and like...2-3 coming in under my skin. Not to mention the regular small whiteheads. GRRRR

No side effects to report as of right now!

UPDATE: 2 hours after writing this I remembered a side effect I'm experiencing - my gums are bleeding excessively when I brush? It's weird - but then I googled it and apparently there's a link between hormones from BC and increased blow flow to the gums. Anyone else experience this? Writing a new post now...

MemberMember
(@g0oo0f)

Posted : 08/31/2011 6:58 pm

Sooo here we are at..

Day #12

So the flare up I got the other day has definitely gone down...most are scabs now, I'm just impatient for them to peel off and go away! I can feel a lot more small bumps under my skin though...and all the little whiteheads I have are def more prominent now, not big, but my skin just looks very bumpy :( I really REALLY hope by the end of this week the majority of the worst is over, but I know that's probably not the case...on a GOOD note, my boobs are bigger which is def a plus for me because I'm tiny and have always been tiny in other areas... :P Haven't had any other bad side effects though, which is good! Came down with a weird cold the other day though, so I've been just feeling sorta "off".

Skin Status:

Manageable - lots and lots of little bumps, but nothing too noticeable.

Skin Effects Experienced

• bigger boobies!
MemberMember
(@lilxlady)

Posted : 09/01/2011 12:03 am

Hey goooof! Just wanted to wish you luck on Diane! I heard a lot of good reviews about that pill. So I hope it works wonders for u! And I know how you feel, those daym under the skin bumps are annoying!! I hate it especially under a certain light..makes me wanna hide under my blanket!!! Any who good luck girl! :)

MemberMember
(@laura-yancie)

Posted : 09/01/2011 12:22 am

First of all I would like to say, you're gorgeous!

anyways, I am currently on diane35 and your face does get worse before it gets better. It did for me anyway. Be patient and I hope you do well! :)

MemberMember
(@g0oo0f)

Posted : 09/01/2011 9:19 pm

Thanks ladies!! I'm glad I got some encouragement, I was starting to think I was talking to myself... :P I know it does get worse before it gets better, so I am just hoping the worst of it is over and it's only gonna get better from here on out! Positive thinking heh.

@Laura - how long have you been Diane, is it working out for you?

Day 14

Skin seemed to be a little dryer than normal, which is kinda a good thing...just realized i TOTALLY forgot to mention in my "introductory" post that I also have pretty oily skin...heard Diane was also good for this as well so yep guess it's a good sign! Other than that nothing new to report, I have a painful pimple right under my lip but other than that...just lots of little bumps still. Hoping they are gonna dry out and just slough off when I exfoliate...HA! We all know that's prolly never gonna happen...

Skin Status:

Ehhhh - no new big cysts, but lots of little bumps that just makes me skin look gross and uneven

Loving my new bigger boobies though... :D

MemberMember
(@g0oo0f)

Posted : 09/07/2011 2:13 am

Day # 19?

SO it's been a few days, labor day weekend was craaazy and i haven't had time to post! But back to the grind today, along with the stress that comes with it...UGH. i'm def breakin out ....EFF!!!!! Sucks cuz i've had the house to myself this weekend and hate sleeping by myself so friends have been sleeping over... then i end up not washing off my makeup cuz im so embarrassed :/ so that might have something to do with it.... so the breakouts have now moved to the other side of my face, how lovely! there's 3 good sized ones on my jaw and cheekbone, going all the way to my chin. Theres a HUGE one under my lip, that now is like peeling off but still huge FKALJFDKLAFJDLA i hate it and I want it to stop!! Blahhhh just hoping this is like the last big breakout I get and then it's all better from here? I say that everytime lol guess i'm just hopeful this is working for me...almost done with the first pack!

Skin Status:

Blahhhhhh - 3-4 painful cysts and lotsssssssssss of little bumps still (anyone know a good way to get rid of these?!?)

I've been trying to drink a lot of water and lemon and recently started drinking some green tea...been doing honey masks a lot too just hoping something will help!

OH and I have been meaning to upload pictures so ya'll can see exactly what's goin on...sorry i'm laggin on that. hopefully by the next post i'll remember

MemberMember
(@g0oo0f)

Posted : 09/08/2011 3:10 am

Day #20

Weeeeelp...skin is looiking pretty crappy blah. dont wanna go anywhere, or leave the house! it's really not toooo bad i guess, but just this one right below the side of my lip is huuuumongous, and turning into a scab! Grrr and a few others popping up here and there. BUT on the good side of things, i just researched the crap out of lemon juice (applied topically) and if you look on here it has really reaally good reviews, so I tried it for the first time tonight. We'll see how it goes, will update on it!! I'm pretty optimistic about it

Skin Status:

Blaaaaaah still....one big cyst, smaller ones on my jawline forming, one med sized one on the side of my face/cheek ....plus those little bumps i love so much...everywhere!

MemberMember
(@g0oo0f)

Posted : 09/11/2011 2:46 am

Day # 22

AAHHHHFAFKJDASNFKLDASL! So frustrated :( skin looks pretty horrible right now...i am about to start my first period on Diane so dunno if this is just really sucky PMS breakouts...but this s**t sucks man. I don't wanna leave the house for school or work let alone go out with my friends! I'm such a social person but I HATE being so self conscious because of the way my skin looks :/ i turn into a completely different person...i just want to be confident in my own skin again! I really am thankful that this website is here to vent about stuff like this though...such a good way to be able to get some anger out about stupid f*&^ing hormones and lame freaking genes that curse us with this horrible uncurable disease! Grrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I feel a little better now. So, I can't tell if my skin is breaking out because

• of the lemon I have recently been putting on it
  • because i'm starting my period soon
  • diane and my body just ain't gettin along so good

REALLY hoping it's not the last one.....i want this to work for me sooo bad!!

PS- the lemon seemed to be working at first - but I think I went a little overboard with it and applied it too often the last few days. Could possibly be the reason i'm breaking out more...

Please PLEASE clear up sooon stupid skin....is this too late into it to still be an initial breakout? I know it can take up to 3 full months to take effect but I guess i was hoping to be one of those lucky ones it worked early for

Skin Status:

Pretty horrible - lots and lots of little bumps, which I CANNOT stop picking at. I know this just makes them worse but it's such a friggggin bad habit to break. Especially when i'm stressed. BLAHHHHHHH

2-3 BIG buggers right now too...and a couple forming under my skin :(

MemberMember
(@g0oo0f)

Posted : 09/15/2011 2:04 am

Day # 26?

I had a good day yesterday, felt good about my skin...just for 2 little f*&^%ers to show up today. OF FREAKIN COURSE. It's like just as I think its finally starting to get better, I break out again...ugh! I seem to be getting only smaller ones though, haven't had a cyst like one in awhile....but I usually clear up when I'm on my . anyways! Hoping when I start back up the second pack in a few days it doesn't go all downhill again. I've cut back using the lemon, and only do it every other day now...can't really telll if it's doing much good or not. I just put on a lemon/ACV toner and HOPEFULLY its not too harsh and doesnt break me out. I'm hoping it will do some good, my skin used to respond pretty well to ACV, especially when I would drink it...but that sh*t is just way too nasty to chug down!!

Anyways, SINCE this is a review of Diane in general, I shouldn't onllly talk about how it relates to my acne...since I am on my first period with Diane, I guess I should report those side effects as welll...

-I still get pretty bad cramps, but nothing a few ibuprofen can't fix.

-Been getting migraines at night but thats nothing new either (menstrual migraines are the norm for me)

- more tired than usual!

Skin Status:

Bleh...not too horrible, but not looking its best either. Lotsssss of small bumps still, but I THINK there are getting to be less and less...hopefully im not just delusional. Also a few under the skin bumps I can tell will surface soon, but not horribly big ones...

seriously PRAYING things start getting better soon. can you please just give me perfect skin for once in my life...and have it stay that way!! Amen :)

MemberMember
(@g0oo0f)

Posted : 09/20/2011 4:08 am

Whoaaaa!! loving the new layout!! Sorry it's been a few days since I've posted, I've been busy + waited out the repairs on this site, but now I have some updates! So I'm 2 days into my 2nd pack, which means it's...

Day #30

SO over the weekend...thursday and friday were good days, I felt my skin was in good enough shape so I actually went out with my friends Thursday night (something I would NOT do when my skin was looking horrible) and scheduled a photoshoot for Saturday (I've recently started modeling on the side). So, Thursday and Friday were good, I woke up Saturday feeling fairly good about my skin, had a few pimples to cover up for the photoshoot but it wasn't too horrible, plus photoshop helps ;) the photoshoot ended up being crazy stressful, AKA hanging onto the side of a cliff on the beach with NO ropes or rock climbing gear! Extremely stupid and dangerous yes, but we were trying to get a good shot by a waterfall...CUTTING TO THE POINT, I think it was the stress of thinking I was basically going to die - when I looked in the mirror that night when I got home, I had about 3 new pimples emerging on the left side of my mouth/chin...GRRRR!! I thought things were going so good angry.png so those have cleared and are flaking off now, but now there's about 3 news ones next to where those other 3 were, it's just like a cluster f*ck of pimples!! So frustrating...plus another 2 that popped up on the side of my face. OKAY, so this sounds pretty shitty, but there actually is good news I swear...

the pimples that i DO get seem to be smaller, easier to pop, and they turn into a "whitehead" faster, making them easier to pop and disappear quicker. Now I know I was supposed to stop picking, but um.....i just can't. It just feels so much better getting RID of them so they can heal and be on their way...even though I know this may be the cause of more pimples in the area (due to the spread of bacteria) so diffffffficult!!

It SEEMS LIKE the majority of the whiteheads or "small bumps" I've been talking about are coming to the surface. they are slowly reducing in number and disappearing...i'm hoping a good sign!! Hoping for some good changes this month, and PRAYING to be pretty much clear by the end of this month. wiggle.gif hahah having too much fun with these new smileys w00t.gif

Skin Status:

Pretty crappy at the moment...3 newly emerged pimples on left side of lower cheek plus other ones healing in the area..one big one just popped on right side of face, along with a smaller one along my jawline. One pretty big one right by my eyebrow (HATE those )...tons of small bumps recently emerging on my neck...below my jawline. Weird, but they are tiny and seem to be disappearing quickly

MemberMember
(@laura-yancie)

Posted : 09/24/2011 12:32 pm

I am on my 4th package of Diane35, and let me tell you month 2 on Diane35 was sooo brutal. I had the WORST breakout of my life, it was insane. Even after package 3 the breakout I had on the right side of my cheek is finally clearing up. I think I had like 10 pimples on that one side, all under the skin, wow horrible just thinking about it depresses me.

Anyways, once I started nearing the end of package 3 my acne is a lot better. I get fewer pimples and they aren't as big and inflamed. Now that I am on package 4 it seems to just keep getting better and better! So keep it up, you will see results soon. You just have to tough it out in the mean time. But a little piece of advice, DO NOT PICK. I made that mistake and now I am left with mild scarring. I know how hard it is to just leave pimples alone, but just try really really hard to leave them alone. In the end you'll be happier.

Also I don't mean to scare you when I told you that I had the worst breakout of my life during package 2. I also think it was partially due to losing the effectiveness of doxycycline, so chances of you having a breakout as bad as mine probably won't happen. :) I hope all goes well with you!!

MemberMember
(@g0oo0f)

Posted : 09/29/2011 2:57 am

Thank you Laura!! its nice to hear some words of encouragement from a fellow Diane user :) I completely agree with you and feel I'm going through a lot of the same things you did...a ton of under the skin ones just popping up one after another...all in one particular area on ONE side of my face! So frustrating. But I'm hoping you are right - I think once I get through month 2 things will start to look up. But BOY does it suck waiting it out....I just seriously never want to leave my house!! blush.png So irritating..

Anyways as for an update, it's

Day # 39

So things have been pretty shitty lately. The "big ones" have started coming back...hard and painful under the skin buggers. I have about 3 of those right now. And a ton of active ones as well...they seem to pop up quickly and unexpected but also come to a head quicker too, so extracting them and having them be on their way is kinda a plus. I have started using tea tree oil as a spot treatment, BP just wasn't doing anything at all except making things worse. The past few days have sucked, I called in sick to work the other day because I seriously just couldn't face anyone. Even though I work with kids, they can be harsh and are extremely blunt - "Why do you have bumps all over your face?" (Hahaha little kid, you just wait...) Let alone going to class and being around peers is worse. On a better note, I have been researching THE HELL out of a product called Carley's Clear & Smooth. I ordered it and it arrived today in the mail, and I used it for the first time tonight. I'm gonna start a separate post about that journey....has anyone on these boards had success with it? It gets a TON of positive reviews on this site, but there are some claims that the company is falsifying them :( I am just praying it works and doesn't make everything 100x worseeusa_eh.gif )

I'm trying to hang in there, but this is getting so frustrating.. I am usually such a positive person but I feel that acne completely sucks the life out of me. I want my confidence back!! Wish I could just fast forward a month from now...brow.gif

MemberMember
(@kirst92)

Posted : 10/01/2011 2:55 am

Hey g0oo0f!

Like you ive come on this site alot and finally just made an account !!

I started Dianette on July 26th - so i've been on it for nearly 10 weeks. So far, i don't feel like i've had any major improvement. I can't count the amount of times i've cried in the mirror, to my boyfriend, on my own, about my skin. I feel like its had a huge (obviously negative) impact on my life :( Im 19 by the way. I think i may have been going through the whole "worse before better" thing since i've started taking it. I had huge painful cysts under my skin on my cheeks which i never normally got. I look in the mirror every day and i instantly go in a foul mood, like i dont want to face anyone. sometimes i even put my foundation on without looking because i just hate seeing me have to cover it all up. Also, i dont go out half the time, like you, ive cancelled nights out, im supposed to be going out tonight but its not looking promising now. I just feel so low. :(

Also, them tiny bumps you say you have, i have them too. i really cant get rid of them :( theyre soo annoying. my face just looks like some sort of volcano thats about to erupt of all the little things!!

Anyway, its week 10 so i want to stick it out longer. one side of my face had no spots at all on these past few days (except for the little bumps) but yesterday one appeared and today i have a couple more. i feel like giving up :(

I hope it starts wroking soon, and i hope your having good luck with it so far :)

MemberMember
(@laura-yancie)

Posted : 10/01/2011 5:10 pm

Okay so I felt the need to comment on this again.

It is October 1, 2011 and I am extremely happy to say that I currently have NO active pimples on my face. None, no new ones, zip nothing. Diane35 does work! It really does. It just takes a while. My face is so smooth it's amazing. I finally have my old face back after waiting for 4 brutal depressing months.

I am half way through my 4th package of Diane35 and this is when I finally have seen improvement. There were times where I was like, "Oh yeah I think my face is improving" and then 2 days later I would break out in multiple pimples in one spot.

But this is honestly the first time since mid July that I've had absolutely no active pimples on my face. This is the first week that I've washed my face and didn't see blood on it, or pressed my sides of my face into the pillow and didn't feel pain. Please, just stick with Diane35 for a while. I know you will feel like you're losing hope but it does give you results!

I think also what has been helping me is I've been taking Murad acne complex pills every day that contain Vitamin A, Vitamin E and Vitamin D as well as 2 pills of Vitamin E to help with my red marks and scarring and every night when I have time I've been topically putting Vitamin E oil on my face and leaving it on for 30 minutes to help with scarring, it's definitely working. I heard from a very reliable source that Vitamin E helps with indented scarring, and sadly I have some very shallow indents on the right side of my face from massive massive pimples and breakouts. For some reason I got the worst of my acne on the right side of my face.

Anyways, keep it up! You will see results. :)

MemberMember
(@g0oo0f)

Posted : 10/02/2011 5:32 pm

@ Kirst - completely know how you feel nod.gif It sucks to let acne take such a big part away from my life and ME, but I can't help it. Sometimes it's so hard to be optimistic, you feel like it's never going to get better...but seeing laura.yancie's post definitely helps! (I am so happy for you, laura!) There IS a light at the end of the tunnel, it just SUCKS being in this long, dark tunnel for so long...but I know we will get there. I try to take it day by day, when I just want to take things WEEK by WEEK, so I can be over this whole mess! It is hard for me, seeing as the both of you didn't (or haven't) started to see results that far in - i feel like I still have a long road ahead of me to even get to where you ladies are! But I'm sticking it out as well ...I have faith that eventually, it WILL work. Hang in there, Kirst92...we will get through it!! cheer.gif

MemberMember
(@laura-yancie)

Posted : 10/03/2011 11:50 am

Girls trust me I know how you feel. It feels like a never ending battle, it really does.

I'm not saying my face is perfect right now, but the pimples lessen by each month. I still get some pimples here and there but they aren't as insane as they were before and are really really small. What I am most happiest about is finally clearing the right side of my face. I haven't had a new pimple in that area in about a week and it's giving my face some time to heal, thank god.

Hang in there. I honestly don't think Diane35 users will see the full results of the pill until month 6. For me right now my acne is manageable. 1 new pimple did pop up on my forehead (which really depressed me because I NEVER get pimples on my forehead) but it's extremely small and is almost gone already.

When I first went onto the pill my face literally went CRAZY and it seemed like no matter what I did nothing seemed to help control these insane breakouts and massive pimples. One thing I did find that really helped my face was not wearing any makeup when I'm not going anywhere, (so at home.) It's helped those nasty red marks left after acne fade quicker and I don't get as many breakouts. I don't really have a life at the moment, so it's easy for me to go home and take off all my makeup. Of course I wear it when I got to school or go out, but yeah when I'm home I don't wear anything.

Anyways, I am rambling. I am going to keep looking at your log because it's nice to see your experience! So keep updating. :) ps. your acne can't be THAT bad if you are a model! jeez girl. <3

MemberMember
(@kirst92)

Posted : 10/04/2011 1:38 am

Hey girls! Im soo grateful for your advice. I honestly feel lower than I ever have right now. I woke up yesterday with a huge spot on my cheek, 3 on my chin, one on my other cheek, one on my forehead. I feel like im trying to fight a losing battle. Did you ever feel like giving up Dianette? Did you think it would never work? Because I have read people say that it didnt work for them. I just dont want to be one of those people :'(

Your support means a lot! Its a lot more comforting knowing your not alone! rolleyes.gif

MemberMember
(@laura-yancie)

Posted : 10/04/2011 11:18 am

How long have you been on Dianette? If its been longer then 6 months it might not work for you, and are you 100% sure you have hormonal acne breakouts? Because if you don't Dianette wont be the best solution for you. Just be patient, don't get discouraged. :)

I actually almost did give up on Diane, but then I said to myself, "what do I have to lose?" so I kept at it and I am seeing results.

MemberMember
(@g0oo0f)

Posted : 10/05/2011 1:56 am

Same here, honestly I am feeling the worst I ever had about my face as well Kirst. I seriously want to (and sometimes do) start crying every time I look at my face in the mirror. This week has been especially bad, I think I am having an initial breakout due to the new face wash regimen I have started. Now not only is the left side of my face shitty like normal, the right side of my face (which is usually pretty clear) is breaking out EVERYWHERE. I am really, really trying to stay positive about this and just think of it all as coming to the surface and getting rid of it, but my god.....it's so hard to get through the day. I wish I could just sleep all day and never have to face anyone until this mess is over. But as we all know, life does not stop when you have a bad day (or many in a row) and I am forced to go to work and school cry.gif

As for quitting Diane, Kirst, I agree with Laura. I would wait until the 6 month mark, and if you for pass that with no obvious improvement, I would try something else. But until you get to six months; I would just hold on, grit your teeth and persevere..trust me, I know it's easier said that done. Laura has a good point though, are you positive your acne is hormonal?

I could write an update right now, but it would be pointless and extremely depressing to read. I don't even want to count how many pimples I have on my face right now. I feel so helpless, I guess time is the only thing that can help us now...

MemberMember
(@laura-yancie)

Posted : 10/05/2011 10:23 am

Don't skip out on updates, because its nice to look back and see your progress when it does start. Maybe that new wash you are using is making you break out? Just remember it WILL get better. Live your life and smile hun. I was there once too, feeling hopeless and disgusting. I hardly break out now but I have so many scars, its saddening :(. So right now I am focusing on the future and consistently using vitamin e and lemon juice. I don't see much improvement but some. Man acne ruins everything, seriously. But yeah we should support each other and get through this whole acne ordeal. Where are you from?!

MemberMember
(@g0oo0f)

Posted : 10/09/2011 3:17 am

@Laura... Good points, very good points! Your right , I am slacking on updating...I guess part of the reason is I can't really figure out why I'm breaking out so much right now, I think you may be right about it being the new face wash...as with anything, it always gets worse before it gets better...and maybe I'm still in that phase in Diane too! :/ But to answer your question, I'm from Northern California! I see you're from Canada? My old neighbors moved there, and they are back visiting this week :) I've always wanted to visit. Anyways, it's been very helpful having you here for the encouragement - for the longest while there it was kinda depressing feeling like I was talking to myself! It helps SO much to know a fellow Diane user is out there and finally seeing fantastic results! I would probably be so much more pessimistic about this if it weren't for you, so thank you a ton! smile.png Now for my update...

Day # 56

I just finished the last pill of my second pack. Things are still pretty bumpy here on the home front. Every time I think things are starting to get better, I look in the mirror and have like 5 new pimples. This past week, I have been getting some really painful under the skinners too cry.gif Not to mention I have been EXTREMELY stressed because of midterms this week and next, OH and I'm about to get my period! How F-ing lovely...but once I think about that, no wonder I'm breaking out like crazy with all that going on at once. My body probably hates me right now!! Stress, hormones, EXTRA hormones, plus starting a new skin care routine....okay yeah I don't blame it for going nuts right now. I have almost completely stopped going out and haven't had a drink in a few weeks, so at least I feel good about that!! But it's not like it's even making the slightest difference on my skin...

Skin Status:

Alright, I hate this part because it stresses me out even more having to count them.... I have like....4 active pimples on the left side of my cheek/chin. plus 2 big under the skin ones, right next to each other close to my jaw :/ on the right side...one big one on my jaw, another big one under the skin above that on my cheek. BLAHHHHHHHHH god it sounds so horrible just reading it. Let alone having it all on my face!! Oh and of course, the thousands of tiny ass bumps all over (now) my forehead and lower face. BUT, these do seem to be getting less and less the more I look...just these damn BIG ass ones popping up everywhere...

and I have to admit again...i just did a baaaaaad bad thing, I had a huge guilty popping session. I KNOW it's so bad but I seriously can't stop...i'm actually a psychology major and i seriously think I might have a psychological addiction (its actually very common). you know it's bad for you but you just NEED to compulsively do it. Anyone know any ways to stop picking?! It's like once I start I seriously can't stop, I tell myself I'm only gonna get the ones that are ready to come out but then I find myself picking at every little thing.... FDJAKLFDJALFDJAK!!! I need to find a way to stop thisexclaim.gif Let me know if you guys have any ideas!!