Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
captainawesome

Random mood swings?

Been on accutane 2.5 months, I've found myself experiencing mood swings where all of a sudden I feel depressed, hopeless, and detached from the rest of the world. I'm 100% positive that it's to do with the condition of my skin and if I had perfect skin, I wouldn't be suffering this at all (or having to do accutane for that matter) :P. After a while (usually a couple of hours), I'll snap out of it and everything's okay.

On a further note, it usually tends to happen when I've isolated myself for a few days. When I get out of the house and talk to friends, or if I go and exercise, it gets much less likely to happen.

Should I mention this to my doctor at all? Is it something to be concerned about? I haven't been having suicidal thoughts, and I would never kill myself. I don't want to risk being taken off accutane, because I know that it will help in the long run. Should I at least mention this to my parents?

Edited by captainawesome

Considering your mood swings have nothing to do with accutane, why would you bother?

Do you think that people not on accutane have mood swings & feel crappy after being alone indoors for a few days? Of course they do, it's normal.

If you like, you can tell your doctor/parents you are feeling like a normal person your age.... although they might think THAT is odd (normal). ;)