Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zach624

7 months of doxy and still breaking out

So ive been using doxy twice a day and clindamycin phosphate in the moring followed by retin a at night. So when i first started all the above was worked great maybe one small pimple every 2 weeks nothing major, then around the 4th month i began breaking out a little more id say about 2-3 pimples a week so i called the derm and she said oh dont worry about it its working, so i kept going and here i am about 7 or 8 months in( its been so long ive lost track) and now im breaking out just as bad as i was when i started so im scheduleing an appointment with my derm and hopefully will begin accutane because im not sure how much longer i can stay on this anti biotic. My question is, could these products still be working or have they just lost there effect ?

Well antibiotics kill weak bacteria leaving resistant bacteria. I was on the same antibiotic for two months and it got rid of my acne. I'm using the retin-a and the sulfur/sulfa (something can't remember) too.

You may need to switch antibiotics. Acutane should be the last resort. The reason being that it's very potent, very dangerous and may not solve make more problems.