Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NeverPaysAttention

Looking for someone else with acne on the street, and NEVER finding one

LOL Just an open topic, I'm sure it's been made before but I don't see it. How many of you have walked around, doing whatever it is that you do.. scoping out everyone elses skin and hoping you see someone else with fairly bad acne or even ANY acne for that matter, but NEVER finding a single person?!?!

Like you see around this site there's a lot of people with acne, but then when you're walking around in public, everyone and their mother has clear ass skin but you and it's like WTF!!!

where i live yeah. i havent seen anyoen with bad acne. But sometimes i have seen worse then mine but thats a rare case

Y'know, I used to be that way. I'd always think that I was the only one that had acne. But now I'm starting to notice it a lot more now on people. I don't try to look for it, but I do find myself always looking at other people, and I just tend to see it more now.

Makes me feel a bit better that other teenagers around me are suffering too. (Even though I don't want them to go through acne just like I don't want to go through it)

That was the case for a while.....my acnes pretty light moderate. But my new stepbrother has svere acne...and my stpesister has moderate....and recently I went back to school to find most kids had jumped on the pimple band wagon. The one guy I like has it pretty bad, I really dont care though.

Severe acne isn't common among the population. The majority of teenagers and young adults deal with mild acne.

yep. seems like most people have it real easy while we sit here struggling just to be "normal"

It's real crazy when I talk to someone with clear ass perfect skin only to find out they have SO MANY OTHER insecurities...meanwhile I have none (AND I have some acne, not bad though). I wish more people appreciated what they do have, rather than always focusing on their negatives. That goes for acne sufferers too. At least pimples go away, we all could have gotten something much worse.

It's real crazy when I talk to someone with clear ass perfect skin only to find out they have SO MANY OTHER insecurities...meanwhile I have none (AND I have some acne, not bad though). I wish more people appreciated what they do have, rather than always focusing on their negatives. That goes for acne sufferers too. At least pimples go away, we all could have gotten something much worse.

This.

No disrespect to anyone for feeling depressed about their acne (I sure as hell am), neither am I saying we should all compare ourselves to those in the third world starving and dying of disease and count our blessings, but if possible a little perspective will do a lot of good. Perspective, however, requires a decent amount of emotional maturity, which for a maelstrom of reasons some people develop earlier than others, and others far later (I'm late 20's and emotionally still in the playground pretty much meh pacifier please lol). That's nobody's fault but rather the luck of the draw.

In response to the original question; that describes me perfectly. Whether or not my acne is active, I have horrendous scarring which cannot be disguised by makeup (if anything makeup accentuates it), so my skin always looks atrocious. So, I cast the net quite wide and look for people with either moderate to severe acne, moderate to severe acne scars, or both. Lol it sounds almost macabre! I'd estimate that for every 25 people with clear skin I see one with acne or scars or both. Rarely however do I see anyone worse than me, but perhaps that's because I concentrate more on my own flaws than theirs?

I've had this for so long now that I've seen another generation of kids grow up and go through their teenage years and they had perfect skin the whole time. Not that I'd wish it upon them, but I look in the mirror and think, 'I'm supposed to be a grown man for goodness sake, why the hell can't I get rid of this?!'

I think the biggest thing which bugs me is not so much the fact that I hardly ever see teenagers or adults with problem skin, but that I'm the only one in my family who has had this problem. My grandparents, parents, sister, aunties, uncles and cousins have great skin. My sister and my cousins are just a few years younger than me so we all grew up together. Their skin has always been perfect and everyone always made it clear that I was the only one in the family who had this problem. Fed up of being the odd one out for 13 years.

I suppose where I fell down is that I was never strong enough to stand up to people when they bullied me, or to let it just ride over me when somebody said something. Instead, I dwell on it. Hell, I can recall and recite pretty much every person and every moment where I've been laughed at or somebody has looked at me like I was totally gross. Maybe they weren't too far off the mark because that's how I feel inside.

I don't know, maybe one day I'll find the guts to get out there again and I'll be able to change things. I pray that one day I will actually meet people I feel comfortable with because my insecurity and paranoia eats away at me all the time and I'm sick of being so damn lonely.

LOL I NEED TO ASK AN HONEST QUESTION!!!

I feel so wierd but like ill see a good looking guy who doesnt have good skin and still think hes amazing and i dont even care! But then if i am having a breakout i feel ugly?! WTF haha anyone else no wat im talking about?

LOL I NEED TO ASK AN HONEST QUESTION!!!

I feel so wierd but like ill see a good looking guy who doesnt have good skin and still think hes amazing and i dont even care! But then if i am having a breakout i feel ugly?! WTF haha anyone else no wat im talking about?

Certainly. Rather like when one of the wonderful ladies of the Org is feeling down about a breakout or something and I look at a picture and see straight through said breakout because I think, 'Well, from what I know of you, you're awesome so it really doesn't matter'

Yeah, it's backwards. No idea why we can't see the same in ourselves. I guess it just really messes with our self esteem and the perception we have of ourselves. I wish I could see myself the way some other people do - especially people here - because I'd feel amazing.

:confused:

When I am having a breakout I feel really ugly and I usually refuse to look people around me in their eyes, which is horrible but I feel like they don't see me when I don't see them. :doh:

I also observe people when I am walking around and I never find a person with bad skin...But it's not just people with acne. Whenever I am searching for something, I don't find it. So, I'll just stick to my theory-when you'll least expect it, BAM! There, in front of me, will stand a human being with gorgeously defined pimples and other joys of bad skin. :wub: Muahaha...

It's funny how it works out that way. When I had acne, I figured that everyone around me had perfect skin. Now that I'm completely clear, I notice acne and scarring on other people all the time. I don't really look, but, it does catch my eye. The people who I thought had clear skin actually have relatively 'bad' skin now that I think about it.

It's funny how it works out that way. When I had acne, I figured that everyone around me had perfect skin. Now that I'm completely clear, I notice acne and scarring on other people all the time. I don't really look, but, it does catch my eye. The people who I thought had clear skin actually have relatively 'bad' skin now that I think about it.

It means that your skin is perfect now! I am jealous...

But I am happy for you! :)

Severe acne isn't common among the population. The majority of teenagers and young adults deal with mild acne.

that is correct. I am lucky enough (is that unkind to say?) that i have always had friends and coworkers who had acne sometimes worse than mine. Ive had boyfriends who had acne moslty so it never was a huge issue. One i had with perfect skin but he never seemed bothered by mine.

Growing up in russia nobody really commented on my skin because its just not the way people do things eg make comments on others appearances. On the down side I never was able to express how I felt. People just keep it all in.

LOL Just an open topic, I'm sure it's been made before but I don't see it. How many of you have walked around, doing whatever it is that you do.. scoping out everyone elses skin and hoping you see someone else with fairly bad acne or even ANY acne for that matter, but NEVER finding a single person?!?!

Like you see around this site there's a lot of people with acne, but then when you're walking around in public, everyone and their mother has clear ass skin but you and it's like WTF!!!

I dont know what utopia you live in honey but where I live (a big city) I see plenty of people with acne. PLENTY, some mild snd some bad.

But remember, a lot of people who have acne dont go out when their skin is bad, so you may be seeing "clear" people with acne, who are not broken out at that moment if that makes sense.

My grade ten science teacher had absolutely horrible acne scarring. Her cheeks literally had dimples in them, like they were deep enough to have water sit in them. I also remember someone in my grade having extremely heinous acne. There were huge cysts and boils all over his face and body, there was not one spec of clear skin.

There's lots of people with bad acne, but there's lots of people with clear skin. I know what you all mean, seeing people grow up without getting a single pimple, sort of makes me mad. We lived a portion of our lives with this condition, suffered the emotional, physical and physiological effects of it, and they never even experienced a minute of it. I'm just glad my acne was mild, but still noticeable.

Then again, like others have said, I'd rather have suffered acne for my teenage years than be missing an arm, leg, eye, ear, or be deaf, blind, mute, etc. Those red bumps seem pretty irrelevant when you see a 12 year old kid fighting cancer, and at the same time, is missing a leg.

I dont know what utopia you live in honey but where I live (a big city) I see plenty of people with acne. PLENTY, some mild snd some bad.

But remember, a lot of people who have acne dont go out when their skin is bad, so you may be seeing "clear" people with acne, who are not broken out at that moment if that makes sense.

I live in New York City, I don't think it gets any bigger lol and I don't see shit. You're probably right though, either they're out on their good days or they're still home, makes sense.

LOL. I made my mom scoping out others skins. SHe would come and say: I've seen many young pple with worse acne that urs, but they were confident and happy. LOL

And yes, Im lookin' for some skin imperfections on other pple's skins, especially in my new class.

well where i live...baby i´m sick of seeing people with acne. there are tons of it! i even see women in their 40s with severe acne.

believe me my dear, I spent some days camping with a huge crowd of students, above 18 years old and some almost 30. I have never ever seen so much acne in one place :D it was almost funny, I guess it has to do with the conditions we were staying in, there was hardly any possibility to apply make up, maybe that's why, because I too see people with acne on the streets quite rarely

I have a ton of friends I've known for at least 15 years since high school and I honestly don't recall them having a single zit. I've come to a realization I've been a fool this whole time. They have a secret regimen and here's what it is....

- sleep 5 hours

- wake up. Rinse face for 10 secs

- Eat fries and burgers for breakfast

- Drink Beer for hydration

- smoke weed to minimize stress

- Pizza and tacos for dinner

- An occasional shot of Hennessy to detoxify

- Play Call of Duty till 4 am to induce blood circulation from adrenaline

- Take a shit

- sleep

No kidding! WE were at a biker rally last weekend . The age range was anywhere from teens to older than me ( I am 51) and they all had clear skin! Not a zit or red mark anywhere. You would think with all the beer, smoking, junk food that they were shovling down their gullets I would see a zit, NOPE! Meantime, I worry about the helmet I wear because of the chin straps and the pads on the sides, it rests on my forehead, and the headband to keep my hair out of my eyes, that I will have zits because of it but I won't go without the protection. I clean the straps and the pads after I wear it. So, I don't know what to say about that other than I am the unlucky one in the genetics department. Elf

Ever since I got some acne....I scope out others skin for their imperfections. But unless I'm deliberately looking, I see the person and dont real notice or pehaps care about that zit above theire eybrow or that bump on there cheek. But I do scope out alot, just so I dont feel as alone. My acne ranges anywhere from really light to light moderate depending on how...."evil" my skin feels like bieng at the moment. I make it through the breakouts. Everytime i get one of those papule attacks i remind myself no one cares or sees (they really dont, my friends tihnk Im crazy and say i have lovely skin[two are brutally honest]) and I just remeber, "eh,ive got iths before...it'll be gone before I know it"

But I am guilty of skin scoping. And i find others worse than mine a deal of time. The boy I adore, I sit right next to him in class, has bad acne. Just scars and fat papules. I stare at his face when hes not looking (guilty) And yes, I notice the acne (its noticeable acne) and I acutally kind of like it....Lol. And not becuase it makes me feel secure that someone else has it (which is usually the reason i want others to have acne)....I think its kind of pretty on him? Lol. Its interesting....actually. Maybe I'm just weird.....but hes gorgeous anyways, and In think he looks better with some ruffed up pimples than with baby skin.....my friend thinks im crazy and says he has bad acne.

My friend, was blessed. She gets these whiteheads all over her forhead, but she has freckles.....so you cant see a thing....Oh, how i wish i had freckles. The natrual concealer of mild acne, I SWEAR! And when I ask her if my current zit cluster is noticeable. Shes like 'HUh? What are you talknig about?" she looks realyl close "Oh that.....i barely see it. If thats bad, thank god for makup becuase I didnt ontice it until you made me look for it reall hard," And shes the frist person to criticize me if my makeup is wierd or i have something in my teeth. Others really dont notice it too much. They dont care.

Most the popular girls are pizza faces. Two grls sit by me have some pimples. My other best friend, has worse acne....red dots all over her forehead and nose.....I never notice them...wellI see the them, but I dont look at them...and they dont detract form her face at all. She says Im crazy when I point out a zit. She usally says "Um.....no body pays attention. I dont relaly see it until you point it out, it doesnt make you any less pretty I acutally notice your eyes mostly. And who gives a fuck? I have pimpls, we all do Look around. No one cares."

And its so true. No one really cares about your acne that much, except you. I barely notice others pimples, (unless ihave a current breakout and im looking for another victim) and i dont care. I think "Oh, thers a pimple. Shes still so pretty" than completely forget I saw it. Im learning to look at myself like others do. I had a bad breakout tihs week (still do...ugh) I looked into the car window when the sun pouredo ver my face (hate donig that) and yeah, i noticed my zits. But than i looked straight into my eyes and at my face. And saw me, not those few pimples. Just me...and im like "WTF? thelyl be oge, dont wrory, dont let it run your life. Just some imperfections' andmovedo n and had a GREAT DAY. So my point after my year long rant (sorry) is that chances are, no one notices or even cares much but YOU, and if you spend your time worrying about it and letting it control (dont get me wrong i send myself in to fits about it sometimes) youre only hurting yourself. The acne isnt, you are. So put on a smile, wear your favourite shirt, do something fun with your hair and walk straight....becuase thats what people really notice.