Notifications
Clear all

Silicone Microdroplet injectons

MemberMember
(@llt)

Posted : 08/20/2011 6:08 pm

Hi,

I am new to this board.

I have some quite deep rollling scars as well as a couple of box scars.

Over the years I have tried laser resurfacing, chemical peels, Isologen, fillers, dermarolling and subcison all of which seem to have been a waste of money. More recently I have had pixel laser, which has improved the overall appearance of my skin, but my scars are still very noticeable - especially in sunlight as the scars cause shadowing.

I have recently come across silicone microdroplet injectons, which I believe people have had excellent success with. I live in Sheffield, UK and wondered if anyone knew of a doctor that carries this procedure out?

I'm also thinking of using Daphne Dermal Filler until I can find a more permanent option. Has anyone tried this? Was it successful?

Any help or advice would be most appreciated x

MemberMember
(@waitingforacure)

Posted : 08/21/2011 8:37 am

u should go visit Dr. Khan!! he offers recell and alot of people have gotten good results with him

MemberMember
(@ylem)

Posted : 08/21/2011 8:50 am

You should see my other posts about this. It has helped, but it works very slow and I'm still very depressed over my skin because I had a recent breakout (last year) that left additional pitting that I can't seem to get rid of. That whole theory about fresh scars being easier to treat than old scars is nonsense. I'm also in alot of finanical trouble with credit cards because I've spent so much over the last year on scar treatments (one deep fx = 2500 + 2 silicone microdroplet = 1800), and not to mention the thousands I've spent over the years on other things Ive tried (punch excisions, silicone with a different doc that was too conservative, fraxel, smoothbeam, dermabrasion, etc...). It's a life long struggle and really forces you to look deep within yourself. I guess i'm just not happy with my skin yet. They all catch light and look absolutely hideous still, and Ive already had two microdroplets with the very best doc in the country. I dunno, maybe I just need a few dermabrasions now, or just keep going with the silicone . It's just so slow to see good results. I thought I was seeing good improvement, but then I saw my skin in the sunlight through a glass window of a door to a store and recoiled in horror because I could see EVERY indentation, and they looked so deep still.

Ive alsogone back on accutane ( 2 months now) and STILL struggling with acne at 80 mg a day. I took accutane back in 2000 for 8 months at 120 mg a day. I may just overdose on this stuff until the actives stop. I had another recent breakout that wouldn;t go away and left yet another pit on my right cheek which used to be my best side. I'm just very sad that I can't stop getting new scars because it makes it impossible to accept things the way they are. I don't even want to leave my house or do anything with my life anymore. I feel like im the one who's really lost this battle.

MemberMember
(@llt)

Posted : 08/21/2011 12:42 pm

u should go visit Dr. Khan!! he offers recell and alot of people have gotten good results with him

Is he based in Sheffield?

MemberMember
(@llt)

Posted : 08/21/2011 12:57 pm

You should see my other posts about this. It has helped, but it works very slow and I'm still very depressed over my skin because I had a recent breakout (last year) that left additional pitting that I can't seem to get rid of. That whole theory about fresh scars being easier to treat than old scars is nonsense. I'm also in alot of finanical trouble with credit cards because I've spent so much over the last year on scar treatments (one deep fx = 2500 + 2 silicone microdroplet = 1800), and not to mention the thousands I've spent over the years on other things Ive tried (punch excisions, silicone with a different doc that was too conservative, fraxel, smoothbeam, dermabrasion, etc...). It's a life long struggle and really forces you to look deep within yourself. I guess i'm just not happy with my skin yet. They all catch light and look absolutely hideous still, and Ive already had two microdroplets with the very best doc in the country. I dunno, maybe I just need a few dermabrasions now, or just keep going with the silicone . It's just so slow to see good results. I thought I was seeing good improvement, but then I saw my skin in the sunlight through a glass window of a door to a store and recoiled in horror because I could see EVERY indentation, and they looked so deep still.

Ive alsogone back on accutane ( 2 months now) and STILL struggling with acne at 80 mg a day. I took accutane back in 2000 for 8 months at 120 mg a day. I may just overdose on this stuff until the actives stop. I had another recent breakout that wouldn;t go away and left yet another pit on my right cheek which used to be my best side. I'm just very sad that I can't stop getting new scars because it makes it impossible to accept things the way they are. I don't even want to leave my house or do anything with my life anymore. I feel like im the one who's really lost this battle.

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear you're still having breakouts. Have you tried something to prevent future scars occurring? Terproline perhaps? I've been off acutane for about 5 years now and although I get the odd spot, I seem to have that side of it under control now.

I know that sinking feeling all too well, when you see your reflection in a car door, or even the PC screen and every single imperfection on your face shows up. I used to suffer from really bad panick attacks, especially when I felt like someone I was talking to was focussing on the left side of my face(where the worse scars are) I've been dealing with this for years and some days also feel like not leaving the house because of it.

The arrival of my daughter, a year ago, gave me a different outlook on life and although I don't spend as much time looking at my skin in different lights etc I still get depressed when the sunlight springs upon me in my car or when I know I will have to work face to face with someone. I even have my hair cut in a certain way to hide my face and have even resorted to drawing on a mole over my deepest scar to minimise the shadowing.

Have you tried the Daphne Dermal Filler to disguise your scars when leaving the house?

It really does feel like a losing battle and some days are better than others. I will never give up hope though as I believe technology is advancng all the time and one day there surely will be a cure for this with amazing results!!!!

x

MemberMember
(@ylem)

Posted : 08/21/2011 9:34 pm

Im just so sad (crying now) because Im trying to meet someone to share my life with and noone gives me the time of day. Like today I had someone look at me interested from a distance and when I got close they lost interest in me, and it happens so much. Because I have so many scars and they're so deep, they detract from my appearance so much. Im really reallly sad, so low right now. I thought this silicoen would give me my life back but I lost control when I had the aditional breakout last year that left new scars. I was beginning to accept htings the way they were and then I got more new and deep scars. I just feel like I will be miserable and alone my whole life because of this. I dont want to be, but I can't bear this. Im trying to be strong, but im just crumbing now, and wiping tears off my face as I type this. Im very very sad

i wish someone could help me

MemberMember
(@gbl)

Posted : 08/23/2011 8:11 am

im also interested to find a UK doctor that does silicon microdroplets . im having Recell this week for the pigment/ texture but i still may need back-up plans for the indent of my scar.

LLT i have a daphne kit you can have if you want to try it. one of the tubes is half used and i was about to chuck it out as it didnt give me the confidence i hoped. PM me your address if you want it and i'll post it out.

Have you tried a temporary filler? I'd be inclined to try restylene or similar to see how it would look, before going for something permanent

oh i just re-read that you have tried fillers. did they give a good result?

MemberMember
(@llt)

Posted : 08/23/2011 8:24 am

im also interested to find a UK doctor that does silicon microdroplets . im having Recell this week for the pigment/ texture but i still may need back-up plans for the indent of my scar.

LLT i have a daphne kit you can have if you want to try it. one of the tubes is half used and i was about to chuck it out as it didnt give me the confidence i hoped. PM me your address if you want it and i'll post it out.

Have you tried a temporary filler? I'd be inclined to try restylene or similar to see how it would look, before going for something permanent

oh i just re-read that you have tried fillers. did they give a good result?

Hi gbl,

Good luck with the Recell and keep me posted on your results.

Thank you for your offer of the Daphne kit - I just ordered one last night!!! What was it you didn't like about it? After reading peoples reviews I was hopng this was going to be the answe to giving me my confidence back.

The temporary filler improved the texture of my skin slightly, although it did give rather a doughnut effect on my scars.

It seems to be really difficult to find doctors etc that carry out many of the procedures mentioned on this forum, in the UK. If you do manage to find anyone that does the Silicone injections in the UK then please let me know.

LLT x

MemberMember
(@gbl)

Posted : 08/23/2011 8:30 am

it filled in the dent ok (photos of my scar are in my thread 'booked in for Recell next week). But it looked a bit like i had painted clear nail polish on my head. I think it needs a lot of practise to get it right. Also, my scar's on my forehead which obviously is a very mobile area. The Daphne'd bit didnt wrinkle along with the rest of my face. I think it would work for smaller indents, but not ones as long as mine, which catch the light so easily as its in the middle of my forehead.

have you tried carboxytherapy? I ask because i had some last week to prepare the area and it filled out the scar nicely. The effects are beginning to subside now but i believe that a course of treatments gives a much longer lasting effect. Thats something im going to try after the recell.

MemberMember
(@llt)

Posted : 08/23/2011 9:39 am

it filled in the dent ok (photos of my scar are in my thread 'booked in for Recell next week). But it looked a bit like i had painted clear nail polish on my head. I think it needs a lot of practise to get it right. Also, my scar's on my forehead which obviously is a very mobile area. The Daphne'd bit didnt wrinkle along with the rest of my face. I think it would work for smaller indents, but not ones as long as mine, which catch the light so easily as its in the middle of my forehead.

have you tried carboxytherapy? I ask because i had some last week to prepare the area and it filled out the scar nicely. The effects are beginning to subside now but i believe that a course of treatments gives a much longer lasting effect. Thats something im going to try after the recell.

Ooh no, I've never heard of that - I'll google it now. I thought I had tried everything possible that was available to me in the UK! Its rolling scarring that I have and the dent effect that I want to get rid of, so that sounds promising.

MemberMember
(@gbl)

Posted : 08/24/2011 4:47 am

its also known as Rioblush if you're having trouble finding anything near you

MemberMember
(@llt)

Posted : 08/24/2011 2:00 pm

its also known as Rioblush if you're having trouble finding anything near you

Thanks, I've just been on their website and it looks like the nearest physician to me is in London. How much did it cost and do you think I would see a big improvement?

I used to travel down to London to see DR Chu for dermarolling and subcision, which was really costly including the train. I don't mind spendng the money if its going to be worth it!!

MemberMember
(@roller)

Posted : 08/24/2011 11:08 pm

what was your experience like with dr. chu by the way? im very curious

MemberMember
(@llt)

Posted : 08/25/2011 12:33 pm

what was your experience like with dr. chu by the way? im very curious

Hi,

Dr Chu was a really nice man and made me feel very comfortable. He advised me to have dermarolling as well as some subcison and a little TCA Cross.

I have to say that I had very little results with any of the above.

I travelled to see him as I was led to believe that he was one of the top Dermatologists in the UK and also it is very difficult to find practicioners who carry out treatments for scarring in Sheffield. I have since realised that Dr Chu was very costly compared with the same treatments which are now available more locally to me. I also paid 100 for a tube of Terproline from him, which can be purchased a lot cheaper online (and yes it is exactly the same - the one Dr Chu provides is not of a greater strength!!!)

So all in all, a lovely man - but unfortunately for me, turned out to be a very costly experience, especially when you add the train fares on top!!

MemberMember
(@gbl)

Posted : 08/25/2011 1:02 pm

i'm sure somewhere closer to you does carboxy. let me do some digging 😉

MemberMember
(@gbl)

Posted : 08/25/2011 1:12 pm

http://www.consultingroom.com/Treatment_Se.../Carboxytherapy

here ya go!

of course i dont know if it would work for you as havent seen your scars, nor am i a carboxy expert, i just think it could be worth a try going by my experience

MemberMember
(@llt)

Posted : 08/27/2011 1:56 pm

http://www.consultingroom.com/Treatment_Se.../Carboxytherapy

here ya go!

of course i dont know if it would work for you as havent seen your scars, nor am i a carboxy expert, i just think it could be worth a try going by my experience

Thanks gbl. Nottingham is only about an hour away, so I'm going to give them a ring next week and arrange a consultation! Still going to keep searching for the silicone injections as well!!

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 09/15/2011 5:49 pm

bump! this technique seems to be helpful!

MemberMember
(@education12345)

Posted : 04/13/2021 5:48 pm

On 8/21/2011 at 10:34 PM, ylem said:

Im just so sad (crying now) because Im trying to meet someone to share my life with and noone gives me the time of day. Like today I had someone look at me interested from a distance and when I got close they lost interest in me, and it happens so much. Because I have so many scars and they're so deep, they detract from my appearance so much. Im really reallly sad, so low right now. I thought this silicoen would give me my life back but I lost control when I had the aditional breakout last year that left new scars. I was beginning to accept htings the way they were and then I got more new and deep scars. I just feel like I will be miserable and alone my whole life because of this. I dont want to be, but I can't bear this. Im trying to be strong, but im just crumbing now, and wiping tears off my face as I type this. Im very very sad

i wish someone could help me

I'm so sorry you were feeling this way. You don't deserve to feel so low. How are you doing now?