Notifications
Clear all

Under skin acne

MemberMember
(@volcanic)

Posted : 08/20/2011 1:39 pm

Hi, new but I have a serious question first.

I frequently have acne pimples growing under the skin leaving a red raised

Area on my face that lasts weeks unless I cut the skin with razor and squeeze out what's in there, the problem with this is the pain associated with cutting since I don't use an anesthetic.

Please help me find a better less painful way to remove them if you know how.

MemberMember
(@vanbelle)

Posted : 08/20/2011 2:08 pm

Never cut the skin with a razor and drain it! That is not not not good!

You have to let the skin heal itself. It eventually will. At this point you need to focus on a regimen that prevents these suckers from coming.

Never ever cut them open! Never pop! Never pick at your acne! It can cause some serious serious damage. Trying to pop these active pimples, especially if they are under the skin, usually leads to more problems via spreading the infection. You also potentially damage the pilosebaceous unit, leaving it susceptible and prone to infection in the future.

Ah!

MemberMember
(@volcanic)

Posted : 08/20/2011 11:16 pm

Never cut the skin with a razor and drain it! That is not not not good!

You have to let the skin heal itself. It eventually will. At this point you need to focus on a regimen that prevents these suckers from coming.

Never ever cut them open! Never pop! Never pick at your acne! It can cause some serious serious damage. Trying to pop these active pimples, especially if they are under the skin, usually leads to more problems via spreading the infection. You also potentially damage the pilosebaceous unit, leaving it susceptible and prone to infection in the future.

Sarah,

These are white head under skins, it's what I suffer from.

If I leave them the red area will keep getting larger until when they finally reach the surface of the skin which may take up to 6 weeks depending on how deep they are, and then I have to pop them anyway. They don't self fix.

MemberMember
(@cottoncandi)

Posted : 08/21/2011 7:57 pm

Sarah,

These are white head under skins, it's what I suffer from.

If I leave them the red area will keep getting larger until when they finally reach the surface of the skin which may take up to 6 weeks depending on how deep they are, and then I have to pop them anyway. They don't self fix.

There's better ways to deal with them I'm sure, you should never cut your skin open, it can cause a bad infection. If it's that bad go get a cortizone shot. Otherwise apply ice on it and take anti inflammatory meds.

MemberMember
(@lallen2222)

Posted : 12/04/2013 6:24 am

These horrid types of spots are the bain of my life

I found that taking vitimin D has helped A LOT! I have not had an underskin spot for a couple of months but I've now just started to develope one. Just in time for christmas, great!

They always appear on my chin and by my mouth so I can't even hide them away. Even make up doesn't hide them.

They start off as a small lump which leaves my skin above red and painful. Then the lump just gets worse and worse. They never seem to come to a head. I usually sterolize a needle and stick it in the bloody thing. It is mainly a clear liquid which comes out followed by blood. I have found that when I ''self operate'' the spot seems to heal quicker than if I just leave it.

If I leave it they can last for about 2/3 weeks. Which also causes a lot of pain and just makes me feel awful as they honestly get so massive they look like a horrid wart.