Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posted (edited)

Hi everyone! I am 16 years old, (almost 17 though) and I have been struggling with red marks for almost a year now. :confused:

I began having bad acne in 6th grade, until the beginning of 8th grade in which my dermatologist prescribed me Duac Topical Gel. Everything was wonderful until the summer going into sophomore year. :doubt:

I'd get pimples and zits of course but even if i did not touch them at all and i took good care of my face, they would always leave a red mark behind. the red mark seemed to form with the pimple and then just stay on my face. At first I ignored it, foolishly, because I figured it was normal. Then it started to add up and both of my cheeks contained red splotches and even when a pimple forms...It becomes a red mark. :evil:

So I went to the dermatologist and I got prescribed Aczone in the mornings, Ziana at night (with Cerave PM to control dryness) and I take Monodox in the mornings and evenings. I have been using it for almost a month.

I have a healthy diet thanks to my mother who has been a vegetarian for many years. I stopped eating bread and cheese so often and I drink TONS of water a day.

My marks have slightly faded but...not as much as I have hoped. Is there anything I can do to help fade them?

Thank you all very much :surprised:

Edited by minelli

Posted

Hi! I also went through bad acne for like 8 years of my life. the acne.org regimen helped out like crazy and now Im pimple free but I have really bad hyperpigmentation. I used aveeno clear complexion foaming cleanser and moisturizer on a daily basis for over a year and my scars faded a lot. I knoooow it took forever but in the end it really did work for me! For now until they completely fade (if they ever do) I use revlon colorstay foundation. I just uploaded a video on youtube about it. Check it out for results with and without the foundation covering up my scars and also to see that my scars arent totally bad anymore (although I think they're still bad) after using aveeno clear complexion products.

Posted
Hi! I also went through bad acne for like 8 years of my life. the acne.org regimen helped out like crazy and now Im pimple free but I have really bad hyperpigmentation. I used aveeno clear complexion foaming cleanser and moisturizer on a daily basis for over a year and my scars faded a lot. I knoooow it took forever but in the end it really did work for me! For now until they completely fade (if they ever do) I use revlon colorstay foundation. I just uploaded a video on youtube about it. Check it out for results with and without the foundation covering up my scars and also to see that my scars arent totally bad anymore (although I think they're still bad) after using aveeno clear complexion products.

wheres your vids u sound cute.