Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

why is it that acne is considered to be ugly? excluding severe cystic acne, why are many people fretting over the occassional spot they get? in reality a zit is only a red spot and does not affect your geenral well being whatsoever. somehow i think our minds seem to be programmed to look out for and becomes distracted to the red spots that appear on our skin.

The majority of us would say that it hurts them as a person when they dont go/dissapear after a while. My confidence went right down when i got them, and the fact that other people dont have them puts us down in our mind that we are something to stare at.

that's quite well put. what causes this psychological response then? that a difference in appearance means a more inferior person?

All the acne commercials that tell us they are disgusting; and

all the actors on TV shows that freak out when they get 1 pimple

I don't watch TV and most of my friends have acne. That doesn't stop them from getting girls or guys. It's only a big deal if you make it a big deal. It's all in your head.

because clear, dewy skin is what is advertised to us as beautiful. barbie never had any zits, neither did g.i. joe.

Because they think acne is caused by not washing your face and they think you have a bad hygiene. In another words they think your dirty.

I don't watch TV and most of my friends have acne. That doesn't stop them from getting girls or guys. It's only a big deal if you make it a big deal. It's all in your head.

I think we fret over them because they take so damn long to come and go. And the red scabs/marks they leave behind are indeed unsightly, speaking from personal experience, of course. And it is not like the spots are a result of some disease we accidently got . It is a hormonal thing, which for some reason, is looked upon as quite embarrassing. It's hard to explain, actually. I don't think anyone, though, has ever considered acne anything but ugly. bb_eusa_wall.gif

because clear, dewy skin is what is advertised to us as beautiful.  barbie never had any zits, neither did g.i. joe.

lollllllllllllllllllllllllll

we think that we have been told how to look. no seems to understand other than what the media force feeds into our brains. the instant we believe that shit is the instant we compromise our own and the only self we'll ever be, thus putting us in line with the rest of mediocrity...lame. dry.gif

yea...they form in no time and take forever to go. and they leave behind nasty scabs/scars/red marks.

why do bad things happen quickly and good stuff go away before we appreciate them.....

Like the days when we could just wake up every morning and see clear skin without having to use topicals and treatments etc etc.

why r women considered sexy if they have a tiny waist huge perky boobs and big hips? why can't it be sexy to have small saggy boobs and a big belly? lol because society tells us what is sexy and we r brain washed to think that u have to look this way or ur not sexy

why r women considered sexy if they have a tiny waist huge perky boobs and big hips? why can't it be sexy to have small saggy boobs and a big belly? lol because society tells us what is sexy and we r brain washed to think that u have to look this way or ur not sexy

im large weighing in at a whopping 135-140lbs. yea its pure muscle i know, you dont need to remind me.

bye what ever happened to CK, we were supposed to jack every thread i guess people change lol

DAMN YOU DAMN YOU ALL