Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Have you ever walked into a room full of people or are among a group and noticed that you are the only one with acne or severe condition compared to everyone else's? Don't you feel like that 1/25 statistic. I feel like that ONE. When I'm at school and at each class I observe my surroundings and come to conclude I'm the only one with noticeable acne. When I walk into my next class, I feel the same way. I feel like a walking statistic!!! The statistic that has to be that ONE out of 25!

1/25 seems pretty low. Every time I go to my nearby nightclub, which holds about 1,000, I don't see anybody else with acne either.

lol, cynic laugh.gif, we have to consider the low statistic of the bravehearted who go out on such places. Acne sufferers tend to hide from homes unless attendance is a compulsory smile.gif

Guest Captain Chaos

The reason you feel like the statistic is because you probably are, just be thankful you're not the statistic who can't walk...remember there is always some poor bastard worse off than yourself..

Out of my school year of about 300 - I'm the ONLY one with bad acne. I get told all the time not to worry, and that acne is something that all teenagers get. Yeah right! Most of my friends have had like one spot in their entire life! It's not fair!!!!! Or they have this tiny red mark you can't even see, and go round all day complaining about how bad it looks and using concealer every 5 minutes, it makes me sick. I don't think they're ever trying to make me feel worse, but it really does.

sad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gif

How about being the 1 person out of 150 to have noticeable acne @ 20 years old! Thats what I have to cope with every day at uni. I'd love to be 1 out of every 25 people to have acne! That would mean that every time I go to a lecture, there'd be at least 6 people who have noticeable acne. I wish!

Guest Captain Chaos
How about being the 1 person out of 150 to have noticeable acne @ 20 years old? Thats what I have to cope with every day at uni. I'd love to be 1 out of every 25 people to have acne!

Captain Chaos, what have you tried to control and cure your acne? Mine is just persistent. It just does not go away. I've had acne since 15.

At this rate, I'm not even gonna go to uni on 23rd sept to start my 2nd year. I'm only gonna go once i manage to get my face to clear up and confident enough to show my face to people. Have you ever felt like this Captain Chaos?

Hey Stoneman im 20 next year and in a couple of weeks time i start Uni. I really wanna go you know, meet new people, have fun, girls but im dreading been the only one in my class with acne. Ive got it in my head that people wont wanna hang round me due to my acne? What is your social life at uni like if you dont mind me asking?

Chris

Guest Captain Chaos
Captain Chaos, what have you tried to control and cure your acne? Mine is just persistent. It just does not go away. I've had acne since 15.

At this rate, I'm not even gonna go to uni on 23rd sept to start my 2nd year. I'm only gonna go once i manage to get my face to clear up and confident enough to show my face to people. Have you ever felt like this Captain Chaos?

yep definately when i go to nightclubs

i seem like the only one, its terrible and all i feel like doin all nigth is hiding away in a corner

Hey Stoneman im 20 next year and in a couple of weeks time i start Uni. I really wanna go you know, meet new people, have fun, girls but im dreading been the only one in my class with acne. Ive got it in my head that people wont wanna hang round me due to my acne? What is your social life at uni like if you dont mind me asking?

Chris

No I've not felt as bad as that before, I don't let acne interfere with my life...I carry on as normal and I won't let it stop me from doing certain things..

I've been on oxytetracycline and it cleared my face up a lot but those have lost their effectiveness since I have been taking them for 18 months my acne is starting to come back again, so I'm trying Dans regimen at the moment my 3rd week in and i only have a few spots left...

I've had it since 14, worst point for it was when I was 18. Best point for it was about a year ago, now it's getting better again since the regimen..

What about you, what have you tried?

Hey Stoneman thanks for replying to my message biggrin.gif

Hey youve gotta stick in and try not to miss lessons i know its hard but you cant fail uni just because some stuckup pricks make you feel bad.

Hang in there

Chris

Hey Stoneman thanks for replying to my message  biggrin.gif

Hey youve gotta stick in and try not to miss lessons i know its hard but you cant fail uni just because some stuckup pricks make you feel bad.

Hang in there

Chris

Well theres 2 things that are true if you have acne and start uni.

1. Some people are extremely superficial and yes there were some people who couldn't look past my acne.

2. You can forget about girls.